This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics Not Loading??

Not sure what the issue is as I can see all the pics. If this is still happening, please let me know so we can rectify this.

street
    form - function - stance

Comment

• I can see all the pics.

Comment

• i can see them as well, i love seeing the updates on this, the work is amazing
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Working for me again now I'm home. Awesome progress.

Comment

• the car look so much diff from stock I like +

Comment

• i can confirm that the pictures are not showing up for me either, as well.
              the last page where photos are viewable is page 6, last pics were the street's mockups of the TEAL wheels on black paintjob, after that, no more images inline.

checking the image links reveals, the last few photos that worked had URL of:
              "http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=1620"
              with image properties of 1018x562px, 170.24kb JPEG

note the albumID is 290

the next image seems to be in another album, the URL is now
              "http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=324&pictureid=1623"
              this has an image property of 1x1px gif, 0.04kb - presumably a white dot, hence, nothing viewable. note the albumID has now gone to 324

every other post has images in subsequent albums, album 403, album 415, etc etc, none of those are visible. only the images posted in earlier "albums". i assume, street, that you are uploading all your images to the stanceworks gallery??? or are they hosted elsewhere and stanceworks site rips them and stores them locally? not sure how its set up but definitely from your last teal wheels mockup everything else is not visible.

tested on 2 different computers using 2 browsers (firefox and IE) to be sure, same situation.

im browsing from Auckland, NZ here. maybe local folks are allowed to view earlier albums but later albums have some kind of restriction on them???

i hope this detail could assist in rectifying the problem. i dont think its what youre doing street i think its some kind of permissions with the stanceworks image hosting gallery thingy, its just dishing out 1x1 gifs for all new photos

and i hope it gets fixed because this build, the detail and engineering, are incredible. i am an alfa lover at heart having grown up in my dad's '71 Giuletta GT1300 jnr from a baby till i was 12, have always had a fascination with the marque that ive never shook. this spider build is incredible

i was already stunned up to page 6, if all the images since then appear i think my mind would be blown!! can somebody who knows the mechanics of the site, perhaps fix this image hosting problem??
              | | '96 x100 chaser | '87 gx71 mark II | '86 e-at civic si turbo | '80 el1 accord sedan

Comment

• Let's Get This Solved

Thanks guys for letting me know the present viewing status. Since joining Stance Works, I have experienced issues with the pictures loading. Originally, I tried to upload them by the manage attachments tab, but that failed to deliver a large enough size or not work at all.

Since then, the only way I've ever had reasonable success, is uploading to a personal gallery, copying the kicked out url and pasting it in the post. I've not changed that way since and can't figure out why some show and why some don't.

I'll contact Ben and see if we can get this taken care of. Either with another method or restrictions lifted.

If by chance this problem persists for some members, you can click this link as I'm also continuing my build here which goes into even more detail:

Please keep me on notice of this issue.

street
                form - function - stance

Comment

• Fang's Revamp

Once again, if anyone can't see the pics, just PM me and I'll try and work it out.

Ok, today I had my design mentor look at the progress and all checked out except for the fang's curvature - it was not following the bumper properly and was too sharp. I agreed and since I did not have too much time today to do work, I took my time and very carefully worked the new line to flow better and harmonize. Here's where I started after I grafted in the bumper's inner line to mimic. It was then cut out and placed on top of the present fang to see the flaw points.

In the end, I went through about 5-7 templates before I sectioned a couple that were very close to form the ideal line. This is where I ended up after final placement. The gaps are there for adjustment and will get filled once this template gets retraced to form a single unit. Mind the tape on the other panels, as I did not have any time to work on those sections today.

How much of an improvement? You judge. Compare the sleeker, flowing left versus the harsh and angular right.

Let's see that head on. This new line visually widens the front and reduces the height. Just block with your hand to your screen and view one side at a time to really see the benefit of a thinner top section.

street
                  form - function - stance

Comment

• Details

Keeping up with the details, I went into my stock and dug up some vinyl that I'll be using to smooth the look of the panels. I'll be using a combination of either/or the glossy and matte black for the interiors and offer the silver to the fangs and main panel.

I also sourced these awesome little, 3/4 inch clear round LED's for the marker and turn indicator lighting. For the marker location, I'll be laying them just inside the fender lip, pointing at the wheels. For the turns, they'll be mounted somewhere within the front bumper's outer ports.

Dan from CCW also contacted me the other day and said that my Classic's should be ready to ship by the middle of next week. So it was time to get the ET bolts on stand-by!!

street
                    form - function - stance

Comment

• I've messaged Ben to see if we can sort out the pictures not loading situation as I've received quite a few messages that pics are missing. Hopefully we can find a solution. Otherwise, I'll just let this thread go.

street
                      form - function - stance

Comment

• Pics are visible. Internet browser issue most probably for those that can't see them.

ON: Congratulations for the awsome work you're putting into this build. I'm sure that the outcome will be at least epic

Comment

• wow!!! this thing looks good!! i did not like the way it looks on your first pic, but it has turn into something very nice!!

Comment

• This is purely insanity !!! What a stunning incredible huge fantastic terrific Project man !! i worship you for the design and achievement !! Very well done man ! Keep us posted with these Goodies
                            ...Riding Low with Flow...
                            Igelphotography http://igeladiction.deviantart.com

Project Build ---> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=Golf+portugal

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
                              Pics are visible. Internet browser issue most probably for those that can't see them.

ON: Congratulations for the awsome work you're putting into this build. I'm sure that the outcome will be at least epic
                              Thanks daniel. That's what I was thinking. Everything has checked out on my end.

street

Originally posted by mateo m3 View Post
                              wow!!! this thing looks good!! i did not like the way it looks on your first pic, but it has turn into something very nice!!
                              Thanks mateo! It's FAR from stock in every way possible.

street

Originally posted by IGeL View Post
                              This is purely insanity !!! What a stunning incredible huge fantastic terrific Project man !! i worship you for the design and achievement !! Very well done man ! Keep us posted with these Goodies
                              Thanks IGeL! Work is continuing daily. Hopefully this picture uploading nonsense is just a temporary glitch in a few people's browser.

street
                              form - function - stance

Comment

• Fang Concept 2.0

Advanced the concept further by introducing a slit to "lighten" the fang and provide more detail. When standing in front of the car, even from several feet back, you get the visual of a floating horizontal bar - only the bottom bar is visible. Then until you crouch down very low, do you notice the other bar going across the front.

The rad tunnel floor was also lengthened and wrapped in glossy black vinyl. More vinyl work to come.

Aside from that, all panels were centered properly and fangs were relocated to their proper position.

street
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X