• Show
Clear All

• Where are you from?

Comment

• ^^^heaven apparently.....

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by Noi5eB0mb View Post
        Those heater switches don't fit with the rest of the interior, they look "out of line", if you get what I mean. What kind of switches are you thinking of going with? Customizing those (sounds like a difficult task given the shape and size of them)? Or getting other ones?

Also, (don't call me captain obvious lol) your shifter is missing it's knob. What I have in mind, is this

without the shiny plastic part on the top, and wrapped in swede or another material of your choice. Another suggestion would be that since your steering wheel is from MOMO, and this shifter is from MOMO, (let's assume that you're going with this knob or a similar one from MOMO), you could work some magic and keep the logo on the knob but yet, style it up to match the rest of the interior.

Eagerly waiting for more updates
        Thanks Noi5eB0mb! I have another set of tabs and a better install in today's update. Not sure on the shifter yet. Have not seen anything I like.

street

Originally posted by nykwhy2 View Post
        Where are you from?
        Toronto.

street

Originally posted by 206929rr View Post
        ^^^heaven apparently.....
        I wish! I've been in hell for the last 4 years trying to build this damn car!!

street
        form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

Fine-tuned the climate control knobs by grinding down the levers and gutting a different set of tabs that flow a bit better. Just have to drill and tap for grub screws. To finish them off, I'll be wrapping the levers in suede and positioning a piece of vinyl between them to cover the travel space.

021 (1024x768)

015 (1024x768)

street
          form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

For those having trouble "seeing" what the new lines of the console will be, here's a mock. I used some MDF and outlined the new border height sweep.

Originally when this console was fabricated by another shop, it was designed as a two piece. Therefore, this new line (as shown) is the correct altered line for this new single unit.

023 (1024x768)

street
            form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

I also sectioned a stock shifter trim ring to a better shape and mocked it into place. It was crucial for this new piece to extend lower than the climate control unit to promote a better flow and mimic the console sweep wall - much thinner and longer. I also kept the shift area tight and will have the shifter bag housed at the trim ring's inner edge to compliment it's new shape.

This new trim ring shape will now get re-fabricated as a single unit and sit flush to the panel.

028 (1024x768)

026 (1024x768)

street
              form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

I then installed an HD4 Xenon HID Headlight Kit made exclusively for the Spider.

013 (1024x768)

014 (1024x768)

street
                form - function - stance

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post

Thanks dubtruk36! As you probably already know, I bought my 3.7 from your neck of the woods - from Dawie DeVilliers at Glenwood Motors in Pretoria!

street
                  Small world! THe garage were i work did a 3.2 24v conversion on a '85 GTV a few years back and Dawie came over to help finish the install and do the ECU steup an some tuning, nice guy.
                  Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                  Internet high five for you.

Comment

Thanks Noi5eB0mb! I have another set of tabs and a better install in today's update. Not sure on the shifter yet. Have not seen anything I like.

street
                    Source something from Italy?

sigpic
                    Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                    • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

street
                      Originally posted by Puma View Post
                      Possibly make your own? It will fit in pretty well with all the other hand crafted pieces that are already on the car.
                      ///M 2.0
                      G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                        Small world! THe garage were i work did a 3.2 24v conversion on a '85 GTV a few years back and Dawie came over to help finish the install and do the ECU steup an some tuning, nice guy.
                        Super cool guy Dawie is.

street

Originally posted by Puma View Post
                        Will probably go custom. Still have not found anything yet.

street

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                        Possibly make your own? It will fit in pretty well with all the other hand crafted pieces that are already on the car.
                        It's looking that way.

street
                        form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Update

I've been working mostly on the wiring over the past while and managed to sort out all the lights and gauges. It was a bit of a mess, so the process took a bit longer than I antisipated. At any rate, I slotted in these little LED's to function as the side markers within the front fenders. Super bright from every angle and very clean.

SANY0178

SANY0180

SANY0183

I used the same LED's for the indicators and slotted them into the front ports. Here they are off so you can see the lamp.

SANY0203

Then under slow sync, here they are in mid-blink.

SANY0196

Then lit up the H4 HID's and markers.

SANY0188
                          form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Update

I also finished up the temp rocker panel diverter panels and wrapped them in red vinyl.

SANY0181

Function: Keeps excess air from disturbing the under car air flow. Thus increasing downforce and eliminating lift at high speeds.

And

Form: Streamlines and transitions the horizontal lines of the rockers into the rear bumper.

SANY0183

But wait! There's more....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmL6gy5hcBc"]‪Alfa Romeo Spider - 3.7L 24V V6 Part 13 - Skit‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

street
                            form - function - stance

Comment

I also finished up the temp rocker panel diverter panels and wrapped them in red vinyl.

SANY0181

Function: Keeps excess air from disturbing the under car air flow. Thus increasing downforce and eliminating lift at high speeds.

And

Form: Streamlines and transitions the horizontal lines of the rockers into the rear bumper.

SANY0183

But wait! There's more....

‪Alfa Romeo Spider - 3.7L 24V V6 Part 13 - Skit‬‏ - YouTube

street
                              That video was awesome....

Ginge

Comment

• Reply.

Originally posted by Ginge View Post
                                That video was awesome....

Ginge
                                Thanks Ginge! I was trying so hard not to crack up!! To me, this is how I blow off steam from building this car. It all looks so simple. But it's many, many, many hours behind a computer and around the car to get concepts to "work" as well as they look.

The vid was a joke to shoot. But that diverter panel, is a dead serious form and functional piece.

street
                                Last edited by street; 07-20-2011, 03:14 AM.
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X