No announcement yet.

Hank the Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That fire method will come in handy if you ever do rear trailing arm bushings. Vulcanized rubber burns really well.

I'm watching you.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• Just read the entire thread, it just reminds me of how much i love e28's

Hartge's Yeah Boy

Comment

• Originally posted by xathree View Post
        Uh....Bawse... Nuff Said.
        thanks
        Originally posted by airkooled View Post
        Lol i love what Tennessee memosas and some shop time creates!
        awwww yeahhh. Gonna be welding this weekend. Best have your fancy hat ready
        Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
        i love your cars and what you do to them.

just not a fan of the radio unit. too newish for my taste
        I actually thought it was really subtle in comparison to a lot of the head units out there. It has color adjustability, which I matched to stock, and it's pretty simple and black.

plus I didn't want a period correct head unit because I like the usb and stuff. To each their own I guess
        Originally posted by Moose View Post
        Very nice work on the top hats man. Any idea what you are shooting for camber wise?
        Just stock measurements. Maybe a touch more, but probably stock. I like having at least one pair of tires wear normally lol.
        Originally posted by WhiteS13Andrew View Post
        We should have gotten a picture of you catching yourself on fire. A crucial step in e28 top hat creation. Plus, bitches love fire.
        "I'll get that bitch some fire. Bitches love fire," said some dog in a meme once.
        Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
        That fire method will come in handy if you ever do rear trailing arm bushings. Vulcanized rubber burns really well.

I'm watching you.

Originally posted by beemer-e36 View Post
        Just read the entire thread, it just reminds me of how much i love e28's
        Thanks!

Comment

• And I was gonna keep these a secret, but I decided it wasn't that big of a deal, so here's muh little euro front end

Picked them up in super rough condition, and did some polishing and painting and split all the housings and stuff. Unfortunately didn't take any before pics, but here's the after!

Probably gonna delete that "M" badge, since nothing on my car is M, except the steering wheel... and that badge.

Comment

• mmmm euro lights

Comment

• the radio actually looks good installed and for me is also important to match the ilumination color.

very nice euro front end. Finally shit's getting real with Hank

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• Great work, everything is turning out awesome. I can't wait to see more progress on it.
                -Rob
                Wagon MOB
                UsVersusThem
                AWDfitted

Comment

• Yessir its looking very nice. I believe I am less than a week away from getting an e28. For some reason the only thing that calms the need to have one this instant is to click through a few sacred build threads. This one feels strangely familiar, like its partially mine. No homo. Well, car homo. Tons of car homo. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• can't wait to see where this goes...
                    already loving so many details. Color matched stereo lighting, Euro lights, shaved bumpers...

if it's even half of what Nelson became, it will be amazing...
                    - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• just sitting at sac state on my break and read the whole thing. awesome stuff man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                        mmmm euro lights
                        Yup! Stoked on those.
                        Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
                        the radio actually looks good installed and for me is also important to match the ilumination color.

very nice euro front end. Finally shit's getting real with Hank
                        SRS BSNS.
                        Originally posted by Niterider03 View Post
                        Great work, everything is turning out awesome. I can't wait to see more progress on it.
                        Thanks!
                        Originally posted by zxert View Post
                        Yessir its looking very nice. I believe I am less than a week away from getting an e28. For some reason the only thing that calms the need to have one this instant is to click through a few sacred build threads. This one feels strangely familiar, like its partially mine. No homo. Well, car homo. Tons of car homo. Keep up the good work.
                        Car homo <3
                        Originally posted by mtm_motors View Post
                        can't wait to see where this goes...
                        already loving so many details. Color matched stereo lighting, Euro lights, shaved bumpers...

if it's even half of what Nelson became, it will be amazing...
                        awwww Nelson :'3 I miss that car. And thanks!
                        Originally posted by amichaels View Post
                        just sitting at sac state on my break and read the whole thing. awesome stuff man.
                        Haha that must have been booooring lol. But thank you!

SO. Rear 6x9's came in finally. I have everything I need to build the coilovers in my possession. There is an e28 at my local pullapart that dropped in 2 days ago, and a small-bumper e30 at another local pick a part yard. (hint hint) Also, I work on the assembly line at the Nissan plant. The people that run that company are greedy bastards. They just laid claim to my next 4 weekends in a row, and denied my request off for Sowo, but I'm still off this weekend, so it's gonna be CRAZY BUSY.

And come time for sowo, I'm gonna be sick.

Comment

• Man, I love updates, don't you? Of course you do. Geeks. Had a quite successful weekend at the junk yard. Came upon an e28 willing to sacrifice itself for the greater good, aka Hank the Tank. When I found it, it was entirely complete. But then I removed its face.

... and grafted it onto a Nissan Altima

DERP.

Left with the valance, a door card, and a bunch of other random crap.

The valance wouldn't fit anywhere in the car, so we did what any other resourceful greaser would, and swapped it in the parking lot.

No more barn-collision/re-tread/drifting damage!

Unrelated: we then went to the races and saw some Merican cars do Merica stuff. A stock car with "COLD BEER" plastered down the sides was the fan favorite, and it won, so naturally it was a good night.

I deleted the factory fader control because it was no longer functional, and the dash looks cleaner without it.

My passenger door card was a bit rough. Notice the busted cubby thing and the saggy material. Donor car at the j/y was the same color and it was in good condition, so I swapped that bad boy out too.

Also got a new (old) hood release cable, which nobody cares about, but I had been previously using a pair of pliers to grab a twisted, pitiful piece of cable sticking out from behind the headlight to pop my hood. Now it can be popped from inside the car, like a normal person. I'm quite excited. Also replaced the duct tape racing intake boot for a nice solid factory one. Hopefully the front speakers come in tomorrow and I can get some tunes going and put the interior back together.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                            And I was gonna keep these a secret, but I decided it wasn't that big of a deal, so here's muh little euro front end

Picked them up in super rough condition, and did some polishing and painting and split all the housings and stuff. Unfortunately didn't take any before pics, but here's the after!

Probably gonna delete that "M" badge, since nothing on my car is M, except the steering wheel... and that badge.
                            You mofo! Nice <3
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                              You mofo! Nice <3
                              you loooove it.

Comment

• Man I love this car. Can't wait to see it on your "sick day"
                                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Working...
                                X