E30 Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Rat

A friend gave me his rusted out 318i when I was 14... I was bitten. I found a good shell on eBay 600 miles away and enlisted the help of a diesel Ford and a car hauler and some friends...

That project didn't get very far when I found a driving example for a decent price, which I drove for 6 months when I was 17 before rolling.

She has sat for 7 years... and I found StaceWorks! (motivation) I stripped down the rust bucket, which was a slightly different shade of tan (perfect for mismatched door and fenders!) and got to work.

At first I was thinking of patching in a home-made fiberglass roof.

Ultimately I'm thinking of dropping it with coils, add some plastic flares on some BBS RS' I have. Then I became obsessed with 'Rusty' and had the idea of making a speedster with a low windshield, roll bar, and speedster humps. I wanted a DD, but I'm pretty cool with anything... ideas?
    Last edited by mtm_motors; 12-09-2010, 12:33 AM.
    - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

This could be terrible fail, or a fucking win. Only time will tell.
    (. Y .)

Comment

Originally posted by mtm_motors View Post
      ... ideas?

yeah, but are you handy with/ or have a welder?

I could list quite a few.

Originally posted by Zic
      i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

I wouldn't brag about how handy I am... but yes I have a welder. Cut out one of the resonators on my W124 the other day and it doesn't leak!
        - Garrett

Comment

quick Photoshop...

Last edited by mtm_motors; 12-09-2010, 12:34 AM.
          - Garrett

Comment

touche salesman....

Comment

Thats it... cut. cutter... cut

"I am strangely comfortable with it"

Comment

Dope go wild. Make it a win

Comment

AR sucks i just came from there. good luck
                  Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                  I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

has some potential

Comment

any progress so far?

Comment

It's not like you have anything to lose. Cut it!
                        Stance-less

Comment

I dunno. I think chopping the windshield that much kills the lines on an e30. Even if you do that I don't think the tonneau needs to be raised like that. Just my $0.02
                          Will design/build websites for wheels

Comment

Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
                            AR sucks i just came from there. good luck
                            lol I hope it was somewhere other than Northwest AR... we have some great roads here!

Originally posted by slammed-e30 View Post
                            Dope go wild. Make it a win
                            wild's my middle name...

Originally posted by Pir8 97 View Post
                            I dunno. I think chopping the windshield that much kills the lines on an e30. Even if you do that I don't think the tonneau needs to be raised like that. Just my $0.02
                            I know it is E30 sacrilege... but this car would never be right, and I'm wanting to have a little fun with it. I have another E30 shell I have some other more expensive plans for someday...
                            The Photoshop sucked... I plan to make the tonneau have an even angle up to the roll bar.

UPDATE

I'm putting together some steel to weld in my cross bracing so I can chop it! I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving with the family, so won't be able to work again until next week, but hopefully I'll have some decent progress then!
                            - Garrett

Comment

i was in jacksonville... that should about sum it up
                              Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                              I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Working...
                              X