Chariot of the Damned, Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hayseed View Post
    I say LS. I'm a diehard 1/2jz fan, but this car has always been an uncouth son of a bitch. Don't do the usual swap. Be different and do the loud, annoying, hellish swap from America.

This picture says it all.
    Last edited by Honda Pie?; 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: picture didn
    Originally posted by E36BMW
    You stay classy, Honda Ricers...

Comment

• why is a uz not in your list of swaps?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6gsmwN-oQ"]V8 1UZ Corolla (UZE70) ITB's 8Throttles motorFIX in Exciting Car Showdown 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6ab_2C_cs"]v8 1uz hiace - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3ShAdfNis&feature=player_profilepage"]1uz powered hiace - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3yIb2ooFI"]1uzfe ae86 - YouTube[/ame]

also you cant do a 1.5jz thats what im gonna do lol
      im josh. i have a supra

Comment

• epic win.

Comment

• Twin turbo LS1, shredding tires and throwing flames out of side pipes please?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• 1JZ or 2JZ, because they sound so awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
              1JZ or 2JZ, because they sound so awesome.
              Because that's why we swap engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                Because people swap their motors for sound... Makes perfect sense.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• They are all great engines, but I just prefer the sound of straight sixes over a V8.

Either JZs will be a hell of a lot easier, but a LSx would be more interesting.

Comment

• for simplicity, go one of the JZ options. OEM bolt up will mean minimal fuss and custom parts. for awesomeness, go the LS3. either way, will sound awesome with any of the options and will be fast as farrrk with all options, so its down to YOU bro!
                    sigpic
                    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• Originally posted by soab View Post
                      I say LS3 - $500 = win, I just feel like living nightmare fits so well with chariot of the damned lol
                      Originally posted by JPE16 View Post
                      I'm sorry to hear your troubles man. I'm currently going through the same thing. I paid tuition, then the next week threw a rod in my wrx. It's going to be astronomically expensive to fix, but after I pondered parting the car I said fuck it. Lets make some fucking power.

So after a month of research, and analysing spreadsheets of every motor from a price, power, and longevity stand point, I decided to play it safe.

My difference is I need my car working again asap. My advice is, toss the car on a train and keep it. save your pennies and go bananas, twin turbo mullet smasher and put the lsx in it down the road.

If that doesnt tickle your nuts correctly than play it safe. Don't get fancy and stick with what has been done. The 1jz came in the car in japan, my grandma has done the swap 17 times, it's documented, you can count your expenses before it happens. Stay safe do that, keep costs down and fix it before you go and make good power. If you're not happy with the power, or the ceramic turbos let go and you want another Beyonce impregnator under your hood, swap in a 2j bottom end down the road and build a monster.

400hp is alot. Sure it wont be winning races in texas, but it's still enough to scare the panties off bitches and shit.
                      You make a lot of really sound arguments here. You also made me laugh a lot. can we be friends? Will you play mariokart with me? 400 is a lot, true, and with anything done right, you can't skimp, so what I’ll be doing is getting an engine, then tearing it apart and making sure it's in working condition, then put it back together with new bearings, arp studs, rings, and all new gaskets. I'll end up doing BPU at the same time. The engine has to be first and foremost reliable. Shooting for the moon straight off the gun is not something I can afford. I'm going to have to save and then do internals that will be able to handle the numbers I’m chasing after. Once that's done, it's time to go all out and start double penetrating this son of a bitch with balls to the wall FI. I'm committed to it being twincharged. That at least, I have decided on 100%.

Originally posted by pitbulldrifter View Post
                      why is a uz not in your list of swaps?

also you cant do a 1.5jz thats what im gonna do lol
                      Because there isn't a lot of support for them, and most domestic 8 cylinders have them beat. They're a capable engine, and I’ve seen some great examples of high HP/TQ 1UZ's but it just isn't going to fit what I have in mind for the build

Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                      Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      Because that's why we swap engines.
                      Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      Because people swap their motors for sound... Makes perfect sense.
                      Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                      They are all great engines, but I just prefer the sound of straight sixes over a V8.

Either JZs will be a hell of a lot easier, but a LSx would be more interesting.
                      Kielan, Sean, come on. I don't know anyone who can't appreciate the different exhaust notes every engine makes, and that's a part of the decision process too. I wouldn't put a K-series engine in this thing, because it obviously wouldn't sound right (among the other reasons, doye). Alex has a totally valid point. The power capability of the engine isn't the only deciding factor here. Don't be mean to the guy

Originally posted by 340i View Post
                      for simplicity, go one of the JZ options. OEM bolt up will mean minimal fuss and custom parts. for awesomeness, go the LS3. either way, will sound awesome with any of the options and will be fast as farrrk with all options, so its down to YOU bro!
                      It would be interesting to do something a little different with a JZ. A meth injection system by FMU would be pretty insane haha. I don't know, I’m just daydreaming here. No matter what, you know even if I were to swap in something that had been done before, I would still have to do it my way hahaha :P

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• Beyonce references make me giggle too...I hope it works out for you man. I love mk3's and yours is offensive in all the right ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                          Because there isn't a lot of support for them, and most domestic 8 cylinders have them beat. They're a capable engine, and I’ve seen some great examples of high HP/TQ 1UZ's but it just isn't going to fit what I have in mind for the build
                          thats a very valid reason. i just like having more than one cam (the exception being mopars ). from what ive seen quad cams have more to offer in the long run. the hole lack of support dosnt really bother me (i own an mk2 lol). it just forces you to make more custom parts and develop a stronger bond with the car. sadly i dont have the tools to make said custom parts. but i do understand your reasoning
                          im josh. i have a supra

Comment

• Just spent like the last hour or so reading this wonderful build. I'm so glad you kept the car. I almost shit myself when I got to page where you said you were parting it out lol. I feel like I've known this car forever now. Keep it up man.
                            '88 323 - K-swapped
                            '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

• 2j with big single and screamer ftw.

Comment

• I say u put a duramax diesel in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X