No announcement yet.

Eurowise Project 500hp turbo awd 1984 rabbit GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot of the manifold with the drivers wastegate inlet not fabricated yet.

The assembly perfectly balanced!

close ups

shots before completely welding up the legs

Specializing in Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW service, performance & Fabrication in Charlotte North Carolina

Comment

• drooooooool
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• mike hands down fab work!! ill have to come by the shop next time im in town!! im glad your business is doing great so are we going to see this one in a mag or 12? keep it up!

Comment

• I'm speechless...

BMW E46 320d M-sport - Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
          Instagram: andreaswibs

Comment

• WTF?!!?

This is no longer an turbo manifold but a work of art!
            sigpic

Comment

• That looks awesome, very nice work....
              That's so bad that we can't do somthing like taht over here in DK, cant get it road legal with a modification like that....
              Den Mannke

Comment

• Is it wrong that those pictures arouse me?

Comment

• Originally posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
                  Is it wrong that those pictures arouse me?
                  it would be wrong if they DIDN'T arouse you

Comment

• The whole intake system is a great engineering work!
                    ...Cosa Nostra

Comment

• This is nuts. I know what your going through though, my buddy has been building a suzuki swift gti awd turbo. Crazy work
                      I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

• On with todays updates

with the tight clearances we are working with 1\2 of the compressor housing was machined off and aluminum 90 degree piping along with 2.0 straight aluminum piping for the charge pipe. The room behind the valve cover was saved to run this piping as planned.

also the snout of the compressor housing was also machined off where a 90 degree elbow will be welded to it for the air cleaner. its necessary to do this in order to clear the strut towers. Also another reason why the turbo placement was so far back. it wouldnt have been possible to add air cleaners without clearance issues from strut towers.

pics of the elbow welded on

drivers side intake pipe with filter built and mocked up

Customer preferred to have the air cleaner tucked down and away

After recently test fitting the wheels the customer plans on running, we ran into issues that would result in backtracking some. The strut towers were originally notched to fit the engine mounts in the factory location. This resulted in less wheel turning radius turning towards the inside. No big deal so we designed and built a custom bracket to offset the engine mount so the strut towers could be reformed to stock appearance again.

the initial look of the mount

it will be machine down and rounded off to match the drivers side once done. this is the rough base plate we made

shot of everything mocked up

Specializing in Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW service, performance & Fabrication in Charlotte North Carolina

Comment

• cant wait to see how you will fit the second charge pipe, how well it will flow. imo its something that can make or break the look, but judging by the turbo manifold, you will have a perfect look.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• intense

Comment

• oh my
                              -Jorge-

Comment

• you guys should cut some ducts in the fenders to the air filters. i guess you could do the hood too but i think the fenders would be more BA
                                Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                                I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Working...
                                X