X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raleks View Post
    That car has some big balls!!
    Nice
    Haha it's always dragging its balls on the floor too, really wanna change my exhaust!
    S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

• Spending the day getting ready for Players tomorrow. Fun times. No real updates, it's going a touch lower is all really.

I did have to replace my battered fuel filter though - so lucky for it not to split. Apologies for the pretty unexciting photos.

As it was:

Bracket not good!

Fixed - the cable ties will only stay until I get a new bracket.

Old filter:

Bits for the bin:
      S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Comment

• I don't think the fuel filter is located the same on all E36s, is it? I don't recall seeing one on my car next to the frame rails... but then again, I didn't really look. Good thing you changed it before it got completely damaged!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
          I don't think the fuel filter is located the same on all E36s, is it? I don't recall seeing one on my car next to the frame rails... but then again, I didn't really look. Good thing you changed it before it got completely damaged!

I always thougt they were tbh - sits under that plastic trim bit though so maybe you just didn't notice it. It sits fairly well above the lowest part of the chassis rail, I don't know quite how I managed to hit it really - must have been a fluke bit of debris, I did go over some very small logs a while back, one may have flicked up.

Just got to hoover my interior and I'm all ready for tomorrow. May paint my washer bottle satin black too, if I can be bothered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            I don't think the fuel filter is located the same on all E36s, is it? I don't recall seeing one on my car next to the frame rails...
            I think you're right, im pretty sure mine isnt down there either. I could be wrong though.

Also, BenKoflach the car is looking good, i love tourings

Comment

• Ta - I'll get some pics up of it clean in a bit, it's looking the best it ever has with a touch more low. Me happy.

I wonder whether it's oy RHD cars that have it there then?

Comment

• Originally posted by BenKoflach View Post

I wonder whether it's oy RHD cars that have it there then?
                Ah, well mine is RHD, its only the 318is though so maybe that makes a difference. Im actually gonna go out and have a look now and see whats what.

Comment

• Oh sorry, was on my phone and didn't see your pic or the sidebar. Yeah let me know what it's like.

Comment

• Mine is totally there. Smashed up to fuck! But wait till the service for a new one.

See u tomora my man.

Originally posted by Geoff.T
                    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
                    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
                    Instagram:MexicanFab
                    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• Y'know.

If your car was a E34 with a moderate drop and chunky tires, it would look like this.

Caught this last sunday and immediately thought that it looks like a big brother to your E36

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Haha wicked, thanks for posting that up!

Comment

• Forgot to post up at the weekend - just took a few snaps of my latest additions. First up, OEM cupholders -

And my new steering wheel - picked it up at an autojumble ages ago so dug it out of the attic. No centre button with it so I've just left my Momo one on for now.

I also gave the engine bay another clean-up - I want to give the inner wings a proper clean-up and tidy some of the wiring in the near future. I just used some Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner stuff, which I hadn't used before - really worked, it's good stuff.

Ready to roll - hadn't driven it so suspension is yet to settle

Comment

• A colleague, Paul (from sister title Retro Ford mag), and I were lucky enough to be invited to Autoglym HQ the other day - the guys there said they could teach us a thing or two about cleaning and protecting our paintwork before the winter kicks in. There'll be a full update in Performance BMW in the December issue, naturally, but here's a quick sum-up of the day.

Paul and I met up pretty damn early, so to make the most of the empty work car park, we got a few 'before the off' snaps. That's his Mk1 Fiesta, as you may have guessed. 'Spot the lows' comes to mind.

The sun was right in my face, though this shows the fitment quite nicely, looking back at it.

Though I'd always done the wheels last when cleaning my car, it's apparently best to start with them. The Contours do look good clean.

Next it was time to get rid of the build up of bugs on the front - I never really put much effort into it, so it was certainly much needed.

All done, and onto the rest of the car for a quick degrease, going over with tar remover and a wash.

Including a bit of snow-foam action.

After a thorough rinse and a dry, it was onto the finer details - polish, bumper care, glass cleaner and the like.

Not looking bad...

Time for a quick pre-wax cleanse.

Then onto waxing - using Autoglym HD wax, of course. I'd only ever waxed my car once before and never realised how quick it can be - the HD wax seems to last forever, too, barely needing any to cover the whole car.

Then time to take the wax off. Wax on, wax off - Paul was shown how quick and easy it was.

Following that, it was time for a quick demonstration of just how good the wax is - here you can see the water running off.

Lovely beading.

And all done!

I left feeling a little sorry about the damage to the previously pristine cleaning bay entrance

All in all, a pretty damn good day! I took a guided tour of the factory, the lot - the factory tour should be going in the January issue, while the treatment to my Touring will appear in December's

Comment

• never used Autoglym before but after seeing the results im sold
                              thanx Ben

Comment

• This is spot on. Clean and dope.

Comment

Working...
                                X