My E36...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's similar, yes.

But due to the slightly wider thread width and the lower profile, the tire will look wider and more fitting for the wheel.

Here's a pic of a Dunlop SP9000 225/35 on a 10x17

The 215 in comparion seems really, really narrow in comparison on the 10 wheel. And it especially looks like it due to the higher sidewall and slightly heavier stretch.

But it all comes down to personal preference, I guess.

I think on a Coupe, I'd actually like the 215s. But imho the Touring needs a slightly more meaty look.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Damn that is so nice, front needs to come down, but you already knew that. LOVE IT.
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
        It's similar, yes.

But due to the slightly wider thread width and the lower profile, the tire will look wider and more fitting for the wheel.

Here's a pic of a Dunlop SP9000 225/35 on a 10x17

The 215 in comparion seems really, really narrow in comparison on the 10 wheel. And it especially looks like it due to the higher sidewall and slightly heavier stretch.

But it all comes down to personal preference, I guess.

I think on a Coupe, I'd actually like the 215s. But imho the Touring needs a slightly more meaty look.

Yeah, could've worked. TBH I judged things from the front, decided I wanted a 195/45 to keep the arch fairly filled without playing with the ride height, which would bring the chassis rails into uncomfortable beaching territory with the speedbumps down my road. As it is it glances off them nicely

Then from that I figured a 215/40 would be about right - I won't lie, emails went backwards and forwards to Hayden discussing options, and this is what I ended up doing.

First time I've ever seen tyre smoke from the wheel arch, not gonna lie - the rear is tight like a tiger! Cheers for all the good comments by the way, appreciate it.
        S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

Nice!, If your ever selling them, pm me

Comment

Yeah 215/40s give you more height.

My 225/35s bring the rear down about half inch. Maybe more.

Still need better shots. ;-)

Originally posted by Geoff.T
            E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
            MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
            Instagram:MexicanFab
            YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

Originally posted by X5X View Post
              Nice!, If your ever selling them, pm me
              May well do at some point - I originally bought them to refurb myself and sell on, but wussed out and got them done by Dips @ Custom Cars, so they've ended up not quite being the bargain I'd been planning. So I'm gonna roll them for a little while yet

Originally posted by Mexican View Post
              Still need better shots. ;-)
              Haha I'm pretty talentless with a camera, but planning on some rolling shots over the weekend. I live in the damn countryside pretty much, so thinking of doing them early Sunday morning when the roads are quiet!
              Last edited by BenKoflach; 07-29-2011, 09:15 AM.
              S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Comment

Ha ha.

If u was closer then we could shoot.

I'm gone shoot mine at the weekend I think. Make use of the new 10-20. :-)

MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
                YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

Dude thats now the best E36 Touring i have seen!

Comment

Ha ha.

If u was closer then we could shoot.

I'm gone shoot mine at the weekend I think. Make use of the new 10-20. :-)

Would be cool to do something some time - wish I didn't live in the back end of practically nowhere. Not near anything cool anyway.

Originally posted by JonnyM View Post
                    Dude thats now the best E36 Touring i have seen!
                    Haha don't know about that, but cheers!

Spent today basically rebuilding my front suspension trying to find a clunk - found a couple of slightly loose bits, no luck on solving the clunk though.

Whilst I had everything apart it seemed rude not to have a play, so I would the coilovers right down and snapped away! End result though is that I know have an intolerable hatred for the speedbumps down my road. Literally FML. Because it looks fucking awesome.

Would even be steerable!

I'm putting the adjusters back in at the rear tomorrow - I need to make friends with someone with better arch rolling skills than me then I should be able to drop it back down.

Anyway, I was going to raise it back to where it was originally, but got half way up and thought fuck it, maybe I can try and wear the speedbumps away. Or not. 12mm lower on the threads now, and this is the result (pre going for a drive, so sits a bit lower now).

Comment

Ohhh yeah

Comment

The clunk might be the nut that attaches the coilover to the hat...
                        Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

Nice one dude.

Those shots r more like it.
                          The fronts cambered at all?

MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
                          YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenewein View Post
                            The clunk might be the nut that attaches the coilover to the hat...
                            Rebuilt the topmounts today, so it's not that. It sounds like lower suspension, but it's had new everything down there this year - Meyle heavy duty arms, Powerflex bushes, Eibach ARB, Meyle HD droplinks. Could do with getting it up on a ramp - all I can think of is maybe regreasing all the bushes.

Nice one dude.

Those shots r more like it.
                            The fronts cambered at all?
                            Cheers. Fronts are yep - it was aligned with 1.3 degrees all round in March, but has been lowered quite a bit since then, so don't know what it's at now. Does need aligning though. The rear has more camber than the front, sorta throws the pics out a bit.

Comment

beautifull wheels, i want

Comment

I need them rims in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X