• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another pic I found of my car at the limbo contest

Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Yeah the mehanical fan is supposed to be the main coolin fan. It uses a fan clutch so when the temp goes to a certain height, the viscous disc is supposed to engage the fan to the engine. The aux fans are a back up in extreme circumstances, and also our cara which have AC.

I think the aux fans run via bar and how much pressure there is. The system will vary the speed of the fans depending on the temp, as there are 2 or 3 stages.

Ive been doing some searching online and it seems a few people from the MB clubs have also deleted the mehanical fan and replaced it with an electric fan drawing 7.5 amp load (which is good!). Theyve wired it up in a way that it kicks in at a certain temp, but also still have retained the aux fans.

Apparently the M104 engines need to run at 82C for the right fuel/air mixture and optimum operation. Anything less than that, then its no good for the engine in the long term and you get excessive carbon build up and unburnt fuel sitting in the exhaust system.

Interesting indeedy!

Comment

• Yeah, like I said there are two kinds of auxillary/electric fans kick. If you're running the ac on (if you have it off it won't kick it) then the auxillary fans will come on an earlier kick (stage 1) from pressure, it comes on at certain pressure (what you were referring to as bar) the second higher kick comes on at temp. When it reaches a certain temp it kicks on. This is the stage 2 kick. If you delete your mechanical fan you don't need to "add" any electrical fans, unless your w124's are different from wherever you are it should be like mine where it has two factory electric fans, you don't need to add any additional electric fans. Also yes there is a "cool mod" that you can put a resistor in the temp sensor to make the fans come on earlier for the stage 2 kick if you want. Pre facelifted versions are easier to do this mod as they have a more basic design and they have plenty of diy's out there to go off on, if you have a 94+ then it's going to be a little harder to do.

There...you've pretty much just made me repeat myself from my last post but i'm bored here at school, so w/e
        Mercedes Build Thread
        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Awesome, what temp does your aux fans kick at now after you deleted the mechanical fan?

Comment

• sorry I haven't gotten to the fans vid yet, as soon as this hurricane blows over, it'll be taken

I posted in the showroom with some new pics, you can find them here:

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

but here's a pic to get you to go over there:

but I did some more building, and I painted the grill and brushed off some of the rust from the grill I got from the junkyard

so I when I left off I was trying to clean up the grill/egg crate a little

when I first started

after the first coat of paint

after the second coat

so then while that was drying I thought I'd start on the grill

what it looked like before, all rusty and stuff

after applying what johnnyvee said to use

worked like a charm ;D

3rd coat

4th coat

5th coat

starting to put back together

for reference

back on the hood

then found this guy on the driveway

and let him go in the wild

more to come soon
            Mercedes Build Thread
            Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• lookin clean bro

Comment

• That turtle got some lows

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• lol turtles are the mother of all low riders!

Comment

• The black grill is the best and cheapest mod for the w124 imo, came out great man
                    Follow on IG
                    amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                    Vintage AME Wheels
                    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                    W115 & W123

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                      That turtle got some lows
                      +1
                      NathanHeeney.com

Comment

• Between this and the Falcon you have a serious case of badass on your hands.

Comment

• I love this W124... updates
                          Last edited by DinanDave; 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM.
                          Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                            hey man love the car, that is my red mk2 behind you at sowo
                            i had seen this build and remember thinking that your car was that hwy hntr build on stance works, but that would have just been to ridiculous to recognize a car from the internet so i concluded it was just some random, so i moved on

Comment

• This is my favorite kind of build thread, its basically detailing your whole relationship with this thing lol. Love the wheels.

Comment

• So what's been going on with her?
                                sigpic
                                instagram: chompsticks

Comment

Working...
                                X