No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get the call that my tyres are in, and my sister did me a huge favor and drove the wheels over to the tyre shop to get fitted, and i picked them up after work!!

threw one coat of wheel wax on when i got home, will do another 2-3 on the weekend.

no light to get decent photos, so you'll all have to wait!!

front fitment is pretty much as i expected. would still be nice to bring it in ~5-10mm, but that aint gonna happen without more camber

Comment

• Those look sooooo good!

Comment

• You're officially my idol!
        How about big brakes?
        No need for them just yet or are you planning something for later?
        Awesome, hope mine would look half decent compared to yours!

Comment

• im already running e46 330i front rotors with m3 calipers, and e46 325i vented rears. i wont fit anything bigger under the wheels

some daytime photos that in no way show what this colour is capable of, seeing as it was overcast all friggin day

and got my stickers, not sure if im going to put them on yet, i do like the clean face, but id also like to have them looking as original as i could

Comment

• looking dope as hell!!

Id put those design5k vinyls on because they are subtle enough and unique
            Like a glove

Comment

• Put them on the lips instead maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thom View Post
                Put them on the lips instead maybe?
                thatd defeat the purpose of them. they were originally on the spoke, so if i put them on, itll be in the same position

Comment

• Love it
                  Originally posted by TRaNz
                  omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• Nice work!

Comment

• looks so good
                      03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

Originally posted by TRaNz
                      getout.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
                        thatd defeat the purpose of them. they were originally on the spoke, so if i put them on, itll be in the same position
                        Yea fair point. But those faces look so mint with nothing on them!

Comment

• some more shitty iphone photos, this is just before sunset, overexposed, under, whatever im no photographer!!

Comment

• so today i finally did something ive been wanting to do for a while, blanking plates for the brake duct holes. i havent run the actual ducts in ages, because theyre a pain to get located properly, and the frequency of which i remove the bumper makes reinstalling them tedious work. thirdly, i wont be able to use the ducts once the supercharger goes on, due to the intercooler piping.

so with that, i dug out my foglight blanking panels from the old bumper and set to work butchering them

end result:

sits about where the blank sits in the foglight hole, looks neat

ill smooth the cut edge off when it all gets repainted. yes, the lower splitters paint is peeling badly, cheers to the douche who painted the front bumper(yes he charged me for it too!!)

and its held in with good old cable ties and a few holes. easiest mounting solution, and easy to remove/replace if i need to take them off(like for repainting )

ive ordered another set of blanks, because once the charger goes in, fogs will come out and left side will be used for an air intake duct.

Comment

• so for the last couple years(probably really since i threw coilovers on the car), ive been chasing a weird clunk in the rear left, only over certain bumps in the road, not always the same ones, and not always as consistent. i put it down to incorrectly valved shocks, which i then ended up changing, noise remained, finally rebushed the whole rear end when i did the diff swap, thatll do it!!!! nope... i fished around behind panels, under seats, etc, could not find it for the life of me.

decided to throw the car on stands yesterday and have another poke around, everything was fine, then i started banging on things, and made my way to the left side fuel tank. badabing!! tap that and it went clunk.

turns out the foam? pads on the straps holding the tank up on that side had worn, so it was able to move 3-4mm up and down. im guessing the "clunk" volume and inconsistensy was caused by the amount of fuel in the tank.

so, after a few minutes scrounging in the shed, i found an old rubber floor mat to cut up and place where the foam pads are.

seems to have fixed it, something i never looked at after all this time, so simple, so easy.

random shot of wheel(tried to get some of the sparkly in the sun, but didnt really work) yep, it also needs another wash

aaaaaaand FISHBOWL!!! pulled the window tint off because the rear window bubbling was annoying me, that and the gash in the drivers side tint. i need to clean the left over glue residue off, and will eventually get it retinted.

Comment

• typical long weekend, want to do stuff, weather goes to crap!!

had to do oil change today, was planning on swapping oil filter housing and test fitting charger, but cbf with the rain.

so i just did the oil, in the driveway, because no shed space(still reorganising it all)

tied the bonnet half way up, and used dads 1ltr oil bottle(would love to find a steel funnel for it), seeing as the rain was being consistently annoying

dont tell penrite i use nulon in their bottle

had a workmate mix some paint for me the yesterday, so i could de-speckle my mirrors. bastard thinks hes funny :p

trying out bmw 668 jet black, see if its the same colour as the car.

made the mistake of attempting to paint today, after the first coat, it decided to pour down and the temp dropped a lot. paint decided to go foggy, so last coat i hit it with the heatgun before and after. worst case, ill have to redo it. dont think i'll worry about any clearcoat for now.

also threw some paint on the foglight covers, and removed the foglights from the bumper

Comment

Working...
                                X