No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had an arrival of parts today, ebc redstuff pads, just need rotors to suit. exhaust hangers and bits, 4th center cap for the style 5s, water pump, tstat and a few other things ive had for a bit, but thought id put it all together for a photo :p

also got a new vent for the boot, so now i wont go loosing tools out the open hole!!

Comment

• Gotta love new parts.
      What engine are you running? That water pump looks strange to me. If you are over hauling the cooling system. It would be a good idea to replace the plastic bleeding nipple with a new one. since they tend to fail from time to time. You can also get it in bras.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
        Gotta love new parts.
        What engine are you running? That water pump looks strange to me. If you are over hauling the cooling system. It would be a good idea to replace the plastic bleeding nipple with a new one. since they tend to fail from time to time. You can also get it in bras.
        this might give you an idea of what motor im putting in

Comment

• so motor arrived yesterday, finally. started stripping it down to replace some parts before putting it in last night

took the intake off today

this is supposed to have ~180,000ks on the motor

Comment

• few more pics, freshening up bits on motor that need replacement, or are easier to do now than down the track

new welch plugs(looked rusted, but turns out it was just rust under the paint around the edges on the block). least there will be no worry in my head now.

glad ive got new bearings on the way. havent pulled the rest yet

and repainted the coil cover, rocker cover is next

Comment

• Aww yeah. s50exy time.
              Gonna be awesome. b30 or b32?
              I might get my fingers on a b30 in the not so distant future if i decide to keep the e36.
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• went with the b30, seems to be the way to go. hopefully get it in in the next month or so

Comment

• cleaning some parts today, i found one of the engine mounts is cracked gonna have to source another one. this one will work, but probably not for long

and painted up some other parts

did a few other things to the motor, nothing worth taking photos of though.

Comment

• if it looks stupid but works, it isnt stupid :p havent bolted anything down since getting a new workbench a while ago, so g clamps it was to clean off some bolts and such. im happy to say it didnt budge at all

took as much flaked original paint off the block as i could, and gave it a quick lick of fresh paint. had to work around the vanos canister thing, dont wanna mess with that right this moment :p (had it unbolted so i could move it around a little bit)

some of my parts have landed in australia, so next weekend should be busy
                    Last edited by hakhawk; 04-29-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• bearings and a few other bits(came from same place, saves postage :p) turned up today. guess that means i better pull my finger out!!

Comment

• another haul of parts turned up today, bar a center bearing im waiting on, this should just about be it. save for oil and such, but can get that at work.

Comment

• motors starting to go back together now.

done rod bearings, old mans finishing the mains this arvo, so ive started bolting new bits and old bits back on.

and throwing some paint on the factory headers just to clean it up a bit.

Comment

• epic build thread and lovely car

Comment

• ^cheers

some of the hoses for this thing are NLA, and theyre annoying hoses. so went to work to see what i could find as a close match.

say what you will, but cheers ford for making a hose like this, itll fit near perfectly. this ones for the oil separator system, so it will eventually break down due to oil soakage, but for the price, ill just replace it with another ford one when the time comes :p

this one wasnt NLA, i just forgot to order it. save waiting forever for a short bit of hose, ford came to the rescue again. the ford hose has abot 4ft of extra hose on the end, so cut that off, perfect. just need some hose clamps

new engine to body earth, just bought one, because im lazy like that, other one earths the coils to the block. made that one at work.

and this morning i started stripping the paint off the plenum, to put some wrinkle paint on it. almost stripped enough to paint.

Comment

• some good progress there mate keep up the good work!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

Working...
                                X