Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unstoppable Kung Fu Zombie Drifter... Shonky 200SX S13 inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool stickerbombing, i done my roof and center console to awhile back and now the roof is starting to bubble from the heat and cold they we keep having, sucks balls.

Comment

Haha that sticker that you have for drift mechaniks has my zip code in Georgia on it. Pretty funny to see on a car all the way over in England. Good luck with the build! I love my S13.

Comment

Originally posted by speedaddict View Post
        all those stickers look like my 5 year old's room...stickers everywhere she can put them...
        i bet she dont do it that fressssshhhhhhh

Comment

Hood.
          "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

nice job man and ur sticker bombing is looking good im doing the same with my DD beater jetta almost done my trunk
            Static:Society

*K04 on Board*

Comment

Thanks for the love dudes

The project hasn’t been abandoned, despite there not being any updates for months – this is what we’ve been up to. Apologies for the lack of photos.

I’ve been too skint to spend much money on the car, so I’ve been buying parts here and there as and when I could over the last few months.

A few weeks ago, it struck me that I had finally accumulated everything needed to rebuild the engine. So, we had at it. After splitting both engines in half, we gave the head a good scrubbing in the parts washer, removing an absolute ton of crap. We also changed the shells in the donor bottom end as it made sense to do so while the engine was out of the car and in bits anyway. We made up the head using the best bits from both engines before sticking new plugs in and mating the head and donor block with a new head gasket. Breathers were replaced as necessary and a cheap oil filter was thrown on for the first 500 miles or so. I’m hoping that 500 miles with fresh oil will clean out the remaining shit from the head before getting it’s first oil change.

When we went to fit the turbo, we discovered that it was dead. There was quite a lot of movement in the shaft and when we turned it over, oil literally poured out of the inlet. Luckily, Doz came to the rescue once again, digging out and donating a good T25 from his turbo shed. So, that got fitted up and the engine, finally, was ready to be dropped back in the car.

A week later, when it was finally put back in the bay, we discovered that the engine mounts are completely hosed. With the gearbox pulling the engine back and down, the mounts flex so much that the gearbox almost touches the floor. Time to make up my hockey puck mounts I think!

So, as it stands at the moment, the CA is sitting back in the engine bay, the loom and pipework is more or less reconnected. We need to find a couple of bolts that have gone missing in order to mount the gearbox to the car again, but other than that, we’re nearly ready to start it up again. The only problem is money – I haven’t got any, and I need to buy a battery to get it started. Then I need to pay for an MOT. Then (assuming it passes), tax and insurance. So it looks like it’s going to be a while before it’s back on the road.

I’m hoping I can get a couple of freelance websites built and paid for soon though, as Matt has paid for me to go to the next drift practice day at Mallory Park circuit for my birthday and I really want the car on the road by then – March 31st. Two weeks. 14 days. I’m keeping my fingers crossed but I’m not holding my breath!

In other news, I have nearly all the bits for a 5-stud conversion now. I just need a single hub to replace the one I have with a knackered bearing. It's still good enough to put on the car at the moment, but will need attention sooner rather than later. I've also found and bought some cheap-ass alloys, but I quite like them:

They'll certainly do until I can afford the wheels I want. Plus they're 16" so should let me slam the crap out of the car. They also came with 4 legal tyres, which is handy for the MOT.

I'm also in contact with some friendly Chinese people who are quoting me on some really cheap coilovers. I'll update if anything comes of it.

Comment

sticker overload!!
                you're going to crash the server!
                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

It's ALIVE!

Today, we plugged everything in, filled her up with Ford's finest synthetic oil (the cheapest I could find), bolted the gearbox back onto the car, plumbed in the WMIC, plugged in the new battery (awesomely provided by SXOC's Easy007) and turned the key.

After a while cranking the engine to get the oil circulated through everything, we put the fuel pump fuse back in and tried again. It spluttered, coughed and farted before stumbling into life and spluttering out again. Tried again and it caught and ran for a bit longer before doing the same thing. Then I checked the fuel gauge and realised it was empty and what little was in the tank had been sitting in there since I got the car nearly a year ago...

£5 worth of fresh petrol later and we were ready to try again. This time, she started first time and idled smoothly - quite a surprise considering.

Check list of things to do before the MOT:
                  • Replace blown sidelight bulb
                  • Fit exhaust
                  • Fill with coolant
                  • Fill with PAS fluid
                  • Replace windscreen wiper blades
                  • Tighten down the battery properly

And that's it. Then in for the dreaded test and time to find out how much more work is needed before she's road legal again! I've got a busy week ahead, but I'm hoping to get it MOT'd by Friday.

Once again, I want to thank Matt (playworker) and Doz for donating time, parts, energy, the car etc and I also want to thank Nick (Easy007) without whom it probably wouldn't be running today...

Comment

<3 stickerbombing. What wheels in the future?
                    ohai there

New Zealand thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22785

Comment

so many stickers homie. so mannny stickerssssssss
                      Creator of Power, Destroyer of the Average.

89 JZa70 SupraThe Silver bullet.. 850hp or BuST!<-- CLick me.. 2JZ-gte Swapped Billet 7175 ,ID2000's, Twin Disk ORC, JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, CF driveshaft, Volks TE37's, Chasebays Engine Harness, Stance GR+, More..
                      Check Out Our Facebook Page.. http://www.facebook.com/TruePerformance

Comment

MOT is tomorrow. Wish me luck...

Comment

I wish you good luck...

Comment

love the sticker bombing.. where the hell do you get that many stickers from?

Comment

Love the wheels! Holy thread revival.

Renato
                              Team TWM Performance
                              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X