No announcement yet.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my only REAL problem with this is that you only reserved 2 spots for future updates to this thread. Do like 6 or so, this cars zombie-esque reputation has instilled itself into the public's heart and I'm sure you are well aware of it.
    I doubt you'll let it die that easy which is my favourite part of this build!

Comment

Bricks. I just shat them. Wow. So much fab work. I am impressed out of my mind. I am supposed to trade my black e34 for a white e36 vert later this week and now I am having second thoughts because your 5series is just to epic.
      Basco

Comment

Just amazing the amount of work and originality of the car, love seening the build thread made the library studying that much better haha. Probably gonna read this a couple more times its that awesome!

Comment

i dont know how you get so much done so quick. dedication at its finest. good work mike.
          Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Awesome job! I really love seeing the progression and evolution of this car. I remember when you first posted it up on mye28.com when it had the Borbet's and it was very clean and simple, and then once you rusted the hood I remember seeing soooo much controversy on that thread, it was crazy. But seeing the evolution of it via the internet and then seeing the car in person at FixxFest was definitely one of the coolest things ever. I really hope you can make it down to Simply Clean 2 so I get the opportunity to see it again in its completely changed look! Keep it up Mike!!
            - Elliott

Comment

Mike, I hope you don't mind but I don't know how many people realise how crazy the interior is...

Last edited by eskimopunk; 10-04-2010, 12:41 AM.
              flickrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

^^^ yessssss^^^^^
                fan-frickin-tastic build Mike!!!!
                Love the car.
                The video of up and down looks like Rusty is breathing like a monster!!!

Comment

what r your future plans?
                  im josh. i have a supra

Comment

this thread is full of WIN!

please more pictures of making the interior, seats, dashboard & etc.

also i want to see more detailed pictures of cutting and making the struts, because i want to do the same thing.

flickr

Comment

im speechless mike.

Comment

This thread consists of nothing but the utmost epic fucking win ever.

The long-throw shifter has to be my favorite part. We're still pouring over this car at Fluid. If you ever feel like jacking up the bags and making the trip back to Plainfield in Rusty, we'd be honored to have that car in our lot.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Coolest... thread... EVER...

It's really neat to see all of the cars history in one place! Still not a fan of the chop top but there is no denying how cool this thing is!

Comment

I send this thread to everyone who just thinks this car is a piece.

The amount of work and dedication that went into this car is stunning.

Seeing this car in person completely trumps seeing it in pictures.

Pictures do NOT do this car justice. I've seen it in it's latest iteration at H20i a few weeks ago and it looks absolutely amazing in person.

Greatest and most comprehensive build thread evar.

Great job mike.

Comment

mike, you, and rusty were dubbed legends once the hood when rusty, and the rack hit the roof, and then after you fully rusted it, and then after the JZ went in. But this by far has topped anything you, or anyone else have ever done. entire 2nd half of the build thread my jaw was open to the bottom of the page.
                              top build of our generation is an understatement

Comment

The tops slowly growing on me, Only thing i'd change would be re-add the rear C-pillar vents.
                                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Working...
                                X