• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg that looks awesome!
    or flickr

Comment

Originally posted by bagrov View Post
      Man, is there in Germany some problems with stance? I mean, do you need to write any change (another wheels, lower suspension) in your data sheet (Datenblatt)?
      To be streetlegal? YES!

Gorgeous work on the interior!
      My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

00 Lexus LS400: VIP-Style
        90 Mazda Miata: Track toy
        63 Volkswagen Beetle
        95 Lexus SC300: 3.0L VVTi-swapped and singled
        03 Lexus IS300: V8+TT+6spd

NL Projects

Comment

Damn dude this is clean as FAWK! i LOVE it!

Comment

@ Kaiyin
            Lol you :p

Thread is quite outdated... I'll drop some more up to date stuff.

From MIVW2012

From DUMPD2012

Power steering is leaking pretty bad, both bellows are busted and one track rod is bent, so I decided to replace the complete steering with some good spare parts. That I had laying around.
            Sure they got some colour first.
            My oilpan is pretty much done, too... so I gave the new one some fresh and fitting paint as well.

...but now it's just too cold... so I can't be arsed to get everything done... prolly gonna do it once the temperatures go up again next year.

Other plans for next year include a wiper-knob-free trunk door and 195/40s instead of the 215/35s... so I can go just a bit lower

Comment

DOPEEE!! :Cool love those wheels so much

Comment

hello from germany!
                diese karre is sooooo geil!!!!!!
                und erst der innenraum.......

in english:
                This car is so fucking nice!!!!!!!!
                And the interieur........wonderful!
                sigpic

IG: jdirtydeanwiththecb50

Comment

beautiful mk3 !
                  PORSCHE turbo

Comment

I got an update, but first let me show you my GTI on my second set of summer wheels (Race Wheels Monoblock 16x9 ET25 with 215/35 Dunlop SP9000, plastidipped in white) in the snow.

On new years, at 369900Km, my clutch gave up... well the little piece that kept the end of the clutch cable in place. My VW dealer had the replacement in stock and in just 10 minutes everything was working again

...but that was just the start. last week I visited a friend in Brussel and the speedbump at the exit of the multi storage parking gave my exhaust the rest. The pipe was ripped after the Y-pipe for a few months now, but after that speedbump it got much worse and this friday the pipe finally ripped apart completely. Had a Chopper for a day!

Already planned to fix quite some stuff together with the exhaust, so I just got to work earlier than planned. I already thought the exhaust manifold would be ripped or had some broken studs, so I planned to replace this. Had to to an oil and oilpan change, too... but yeah, ended up doing quite a bit more.

Two of the exhaust manifold's studs were ripped off

Took me a few nuts to get them out, but it only took 45 minutes and the few nuts are cheaper then a new head gasket.

New bolts in place, everything ready to go back together.

The manifold had quite a crack, so I took one of the many I had laying around and replaced it.

New Gaskets, screws, bolts, nuts, etc....

(Re)Painted some parts while I had them in my hands, also painted the head, but I did that while it still was mounted on the block. No way I would buy a new headgasket to add some paint. I just took everything apart around it, cleaned, taped it up and sprayed it.

Old oilpan vs new one. The old one was quite smashed after +30000Km

That drain scre is still the first one and I'm still using it on the new pan

...and that's how it looks all put together. Sure not the flashiest and cleanest engine, but now it fits my colour scheme even more... and Gold... hey, it's gonna hit 400000Km this year, that's quite an anniversary!
                    Last edited by Shepherd; 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Beautiful MkIII !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
                        @ Kaiyin
                        Lol you :p
                        <3 you too
                        00 Lexus LS400: VIP-Style
                        90 Mazda Miata: Track toy
                        63 Volkswagen Beetle
                        95 Lexus SC300: 3.0L VVTi-swapped and singled
                        03 Lexus IS300: V8+TT+6spd

NL Projects

Comment

This MK3 is awesome! 400km, thats quite high. Gotta love those 8v

Comment

Very nice GTI ! I really love the pattern on the roof !
                            MKV build thread

Comment

nice

Comment

Plastidipped my second set of summer wheels.

They are no Compomotive TH Monos!
                                They were made by Race Wheels (afaik a cooperation of Compomotive and Schmidt), sharing the TH Mono design. Though they are a good inch wider than the Compomotives.
                                Dimensions are 16x9J ET25.
                                They came in a different paintjob as well, 500 made in silver/black and 500 chromed ones.
                                Unfortunately Race Wheels went out of business shortly after these wheels were made, so I had quite a lot of luck, gathering 4 of them together.
                                Though I only could get 3 silver/black and 1 chromed one.

As the wheels were brand new, I didn't want to destroy the original look (also in hope I still can get my hands on a fourth silver/black one).
                                So last year I plastidipped one side white, as now the white didn't fit my colour scheme anymore and already got pretty dirty too, I just plastidipped them again, but this time more fitting in gold.

It was too cold in the garage though, so I moved everything to the hallway

I like the look now... it's not 100% good, but whatever, it's removable.

Comment

Working...
                                X