Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks dude!

Small updates

Polished the wheel, and my hub adapter finally came in.

Also plumbed in the rear dump valve, wired everything up and proceed to hit switches with the shop air hooked up while smiling like I just got a new box of crayons.

Now I remember why I do this...
    Last edited by carter; 03-14-2012, 11:04 PM.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• niiice volvo!! let us see some more pictures of it!
      Current; 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon, turbo
      1965 Plymouth Fury 2dht
      x;1969 Opel Rekord | 1966 Rambler American - Maagnuuzz@Instagram

Comment

• Made some progress tonight.

York is fully functional, doesn't pass ANY oil/water yet. We'll see what happens when I actually have it up to pressure and working it hard. Throws out a ton of air and should fill my tank in 30 seconds in recovery mode. With 3/8" valves I won't be hitting switches too often because its just not as fun as 1/2" - so kind of overkill but, oh well I'll always have air.

Zip tied the trap till I come up with a better way of mounting it. Doesn't budge though, supported by the steel line and wedged inside the support. Like it was meant to be there.

Ran out of hard line fittings so I had to use plastic for tonight.

All that's left is running an airline to the tank from a line already fed inside, plumb in a pressure gauge for the rear suspension and fix the tank mounts. Then the car will be ready to drive with rear bags at least. I'll be ordering my front struts later this week.

Was a good night. #fuckingstoked. (jokes)

Also took the shifter out and welded it up. Turns out the stock shifter shaft is flat on one side so it butted up nicely. However, now when I go into reverse it's pretty close to the steering wheel. I'll find out how annoying that is soon.

Dropping it off tomorrow for chrome dipping.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Here's a video of the York doin' its thing for all you nay sayers that said it wouldn't be good enough.

Just over 1 min to go from around 20 psi - 200psi @3000 rpm. Fuck electric compressors . That thing that sounds like a vacuum cleaner is a Volvo engine. Also I thought my phone would rotate the screen but I guess not lol.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...t=23fbcfc4.mp4

This is the size of the tank:

Last edited by carter; 03-21-2012, 11:50 PM.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Bent some more shit. Dropped my shifter off at Alberta Plating. $70 touch but totally worth it.

Panel will have stainless grommet for the line to go into, haven't hit up the fabric store yet to recover that panel.

Tucked air supply line. It goes across under the floor where I converted it to pipe, and then used plastic line to route through the car to make things easier.

Tank needs to be raised on rubber pads, that's why it sits a little funny.

Need a friend to come help me remove the tank (someone needs to hold the wrench up top.)

To do:
            Drill out cross member to allow room for a socket
            Fix mounts and use belts.
            Test drive. Fuck yea.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• I'm incredibly jealous of the edc. 20-200 in a minute is fucking cool. My OB2 does 145-175 in like 50 seconds

Comment

• and lol at the gum dispenser.

Comment

• Woke up at 10am - laying in bed I decide the wagon needs a better stereo that's ipod compatible. I also wanted the proper glove box back in my car to match.

Make purchase by noon and install by 4.

Sweet...but I need somewhere to store the 160gb ipod...

Bam done. No more complaints from my passengers that the glove box has to be down to listen to music.

The best part is...it still looks like I'm rocking the original radio. F-you thieves.

I kind of got into the zone. :-\

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• why in the glove compartment?

Comment

• Where else would I put it? I need to have gauges and a gum dispenser...

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Ripped the floor out, applied a gloss sealer to it, reinstalled everything including some modified mounts.

Gotta build a box for this guy now...

Ready to beat some streets. Just need my shifter back from the chrome plating shop

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Well the time has come. My struts are in the mail still...but I spent almost all night last night setting the timing and diagnosing why it ran like a bag shit. Set the timing, points, tinkered with the carb for a bit and got her running like a top.

1:30 am gas fill up (half my issue to begin with, 1 year old fuel)

Installed the flat hood today. Took me about an hour of dicking around with latch sticking shut before i realized I needed to swap springs. ugh.

Before the hood swap lol

Loving life today.

Also dragged the exhaust off already. oops. At least it was just a rubber mount come loose.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• cant wait for the front to get dropped. you gotta make video of this thing laying low and cruising on the highway.

Comment

• i have a friend with a 240 wagon with cut springs, something about these boxes everyone loves the ovlov

Comment

• Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                                cant wait for the front to get dropped. you gotta make video of this thing laying low and cruising on the highway.
                                My friend has a go pro and editing software. We're gonna make a short 2 min video about the car and why I chose this one. "Documentary" style i suppose haha

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X