Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome project man...I'm a huge fan of out of the box projects

Comment

Can I not just build an adjustable pan hard and set it? Suspension travel won't be going nearly as high as it was stock so with an adjusted one built for my car at a certain ride height (as low as possible) it should track the same...no?

My other idea was to build a 4 link but avoid doing so if possible. I do want to drive this thing soon, but safely.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

You should be fine keeping the panhard bar. I don't imagine you'll get enough suspension travel out of a bag over axle setup for it to pull the axle too much. You may need to re-work the mounts a bit to get it set up properly though. For a panhard bar, you want it as long as possible, and to be parallel with the ground at half travel to limit the deflection of the rear end during the suspension cycle.

I havent been under a Volvo in quite some time, so I don't remember off the top of my head what the panhard bar setup looks like under there...weather it will be too close to the bags and cause any interference issues...

Comment

Nice work keep it up!!!

LowMonroe:

Comment

Originally posted by low_blazer View Post
            You should be fine keeping the panhard bar. I don't imagine you'll get enough suspension travel out of a bag over axle setup for it to pull the axle too much. You may need to re-work the mounts a bit to get it set up properly though. For a panhard bar, you want it as long as possible, and to be parallel with the ground at half travel to limit the deflection of the rear end during the suspension cycle.

I havent been under a Volvo in quite some time, so I don't remember off the top of my head what the panhard bar setup looks like under there...weather it will be too close to the bags and cause any interference issues...
            if he puts the bags in the stock spring locations, then it shouldn't be an issue with clearance or anything, right?

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

Originally posted by low_blazer View Post

It's actually not technically a bag over axle set up. They mount on the trailing arms, I'll get get a better pic up next time I'm near the car (25-30min drive away one way). Thanks for the info, I'll see how close to being parallel I am. What's the best way of taking measurements to see how far the diff has actually moved?

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

Alright, I couldn't get a decent picture but there's a good diagram of it in this old school commercial lol

Skip to 0:51 if you wish, but I'd watch the whole thing just for the lolz

Also, cycled the suspension for the thrill of it.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

Amazing car. I would love to put bags in mine one day. Also the rims turned out well, im going to get mine widened to 8-9" next week.

Comment

Cant wait to see this thing finished! that commercial was awesome

Comment

• Amazing build!!!
                      '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
                      R lookalike

Comment

• Awesome build man, Great to see another Alberta car, and another guy supporting Circuit Soul!
                        Panties are like cars, best when dropped

Comment

• Originally posted by carter View Post
                          Also my buddy Al hooked me up with a sticker to rep his up and coming company "Circuit Soul". Watch out for this kid. He's KILLING it.
                          Raise it up.
                          Last edited by nykwhy2; 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• The sticker?? why? lol

Anyway...it got a face lift tonight, I have a flat hood that's black that will be going on it once I pull a small dent out of it and paint it to match (have a journeyman friend to do that, I've never understood the art of autobody)

I have the fog inserts but Im trying to source a fogless grill so it'll look cleaner.

After it sat for 8 or so months, I started it (well boosted it) and ran it for about an hour. I sure missed the sound of an old Volvo engine. Makes me want to drive it even more now. More progress will ensue tomorrow. Hopefully hook the compressor up to the tank so it can fill itself and I can check for leaks.
                            Last edited by carter; 02-06-2012, 07:08 PM.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Shitty update...but I'm stoked on it.

Taking it in to get chrome dipped/plated next week sometime.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Glad to see updates...I've been waiting for this beaut.. shifter is BA

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X