X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a perfect truck for a cummings and a 6 speed

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
      No I want to build an old rat rod with a cummings swap

Is that a legacy?
      Originally posted by milano_red View Post
      http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3126433904.html

This is a perfect truck for a cummings and a 6 speed
      that looks awesome, a Cummins Volvo wagon would be awesome

yeah, I have a new found love for all things Subaru lately

Comment

• Yea my latest obsession is rat rod anything.

I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
          Yea my latest obsession is rat rod anything.
          Rat rods are awesome, but the term is so wrongly used that I despise it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
            If its flat black its instantly a rat rod which is sad because a real.rat rod is built using various bits and pieces of other vehicles... doesn't have shit to do with the paint job

Sent from the bed, garage or road using PissZmanOff2.0

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuss View Post
              If its flat black its instantly a rat rod which is sad because a real.rat rod is built using various bits and pieces of other vehicles... doesn't have shit to do with the paint job

You both are correct. Although i do think the paint has something to do with the image. But the term "rat rod" gets mis-used very often

Comment

• Google Rat Roadster its technically a rat rod with a flashy paint job.. If a car had the "perfect" patina I still think its just a classic hotrod still rocking its battle wounds

Seriously who farted

Comment

Yeah, it's like I love you there really isn't substance to it anymore. Ppl watered down it's culture with fake rust and no character. Mike bimmer was the closest tuner to rat styling. because it was chopped up and created.
                  You both are correct. Although i do think the paint has something to do with the image. But the term "rat rod" gets mis-used very often
                  seriously

Google Rat Roadster its technically a rat rod with a flashy paint job.. If a car had the "perfect" patina I still think its just a classic hotrod still rocking its battle wounds

Seriously who farted
                  I concur

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRuss View Post

Google Rat Roadster its technically a rat rod with a flashy paint job.. If a car had the "perfect" patina I still think its just a classic hotrod still rocking its battle wounds

Seriously who farted
                    Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                    Yeah, it's like I love you there really isn't substance to it anymore. Ppl watered down it's culture with fake rust and no character. Mike bimmer was the closest tuner to rat styling. because it was chopped up and created.
                    seriously

I concur
                    What really makes me mad is being on craigslist, and every project that isn't finished is a rat rod

Comment

• Lol fareal,.but I did see a v8 rat beetle and volvo amazon hearse!

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        Lol fareal,.but I did see a v8 rat beetle and volvo amazon hearse!
                        those are just unique and cool, nor necesarily rat

Comment

• No they were! I think hot rod and rat rod confuses people.

A*rat rod*is a style of*hot rod*or*custom car*that, in most cases, imitates (or exaggerates) the early hot rods of the 40s, 50s & early 60s. It is not to be confused with the somewhat closely related "traditional" hot rod, which is an accurate re-creation or period-correct restoration of a hot rod from the same era.

The rat rod is the visualization of the idea of function over form. Rat rods are meant to be driven, not shown off. Sometimes the customization will include using spare parts, parts from another car altogether, or even non-car parts.

Comment

• I'm still skeptical

Comment

• Someone called my box a rat rod wanna be and I laughed.... its old skewled styled on purpose... I called it Project NO Skewl for that reason... old school colors and wheel style on a modern car with modern shit like bluetooth and freezing cold ac... if I wanted it to be a rat rod id do it with the engine and trans from my truck and some bat shit crazy interor work

Comment

• Hot Rod

Rat Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X