Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW:UK Scottish Meet

Edit: 8/4/12

Been talking to Lee at ScottishVag, and he says it's cool if we have a meet at the ScottishVag show on the 15th July at Hamilton, just outside Glasgow. The Show and Shine is Vag only, so feel free to enter! Gates open at 10.

I'll be traveling down from Perth with a few mates and I understand that there are a couple from up north who are also keen for going down. So, here's my suggestion -

Meet at Broxden Sevices(Just before the A9) at about say, 9-half 9? It takes about an hour and thirty to get there from Perth. At the services we can sort out food, stickers, fuel etc and then we can convoy down. Probably meet up with a few of the lads from Glasgow on the way. Sound ok? Thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Here's the ScottishVag flyers which will hopefully give you some more info!

Any questions, just ask!
    Last edited by Minuki; 04-08-2012, 07:14 AM.

I am also keen on Glasgow but I dont stay there either so i dont really know any good locations.

Comment

I wid also be keen, but im in aberdeen. But i am going down to glasgow/edinburgh in march?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
        I am also keen on Glasgow but I dont stay there either so i dont really know any good locations.
        Yeah, that's the problem I have. I'll talk to my mates, see if they can suggest something.

Originally posted by blaster92 View Post
        I wid also be keen, but im in aberdeen. But i am going down to glasgow/edinburgh in march?
        There seems to be quite a few cars up in Aberdeen. But I don't know how willing the boys from Glasgow are willing to travel. I stay in Perth, which is sort of in the middle (It's still 3 hours to the 'Deen and an hour to Glasgow) I'm willing to travel either way if there is enough interest

Comment

Im from Aberdeen too (ish...) and would be travelling down. Convoy it. Glasgow works with me. Glasgow is good for people travelling from Englandshire too so suits most people. Any further north and people wont go, been there done that with a couple Mini shows I helped organise.

Also Scot.....3hrs to Perth? How slow do you drive!? Made Wishaw to central Aberdeen in 1hr 40 last year in a Lupo GTI haha!

I would be keen to travel down for the day/potential night before the show to help lay out/organise stuff. Crash at yours aye Scott?

Jut an idea but how about transport museum? Smooth roads/carpark etc and an ace backdrop to the cars along with a cool museum if weather fucks up.
          Last edited by Mini 360; 01-29-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I think it was 3ish hours to Fintry? But I got really, really lost so that was probably why

Aye, you could stay at mine if you like man. Do you think you could tell the VW guys about this? I know you have quite a lot of contacts

Perhaps I could make a FB event?

Transport museum is a very good shout, I didn't even think of that. Anyone from Glasgow know what state the roads are in? Speedbumps etc?

If they're OK, I'll give them an email and see what they say

Comment

sure convoy counds good ive got a couple of mates able to go aswell, i was in glasgow in october and the center's road conditions are shite, constant rubbing haha.

Comment

sure convoy counds good ive got a couple of mates able to go aswell, i was in glasgow in october and the center's road conditions are shite, constant rubbing haha.
                I can imagine. The roads are awful.

Comment

Like i said on the other thread, Glasgow is fine for me! and also a convoy from aberdeen would be pretty sweet to be honest! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    I think it was 3ish hours to Fintry? But I got really, really lost so that was probably why

Aye, you could stay at mine if you like man. Do you think you could tell the VW guys about this? I know you have quite a lot of contacts

Perhaps I could make a FB event?

Transport museum is a very good shout, I didn't even think of that. Anyone from Glasgow know what state the roads are in? Speedbumps etc?

If they're OK, I'll give them an email and see what they say
                    I can do! I would see if we can get a venue for it first then start organising around that regards FB events etc

ScottishMini attended something at the transport museum last year and had to have oil drip trays under all the cars due to new slabs. Which may actually be a problem with some cars

Just need to get my skates on and get the car rebuilt first!

Comment

Any idea of timescale? I recognise mini360 and Daniel93 from eastside too haha, but my name is mykulz1 on there

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by daniel93 View Post
                        Like i said on the other thread, Glasgow is fine for me! and also a convoy from aberdeen would be pretty sweet to be honest! haha
                        Good stuff I'm sure you'll be able to sort something out with the lads up there.

Originally posted by Mini 360 View Post
                        I can do! I would see if we can get a venue for it first then start organising around that regards FB events etc

ScottishMini attended something at the transport museum last year and had to have oil drip trays under all the cars due to new slabs. Which may actually be a problem with some cars

Just need to get my skates on and get the car rebuilt first!
                        True that. I'll give them a ring, see how many cars they can hold etc. Well Mini's are re-known for oil leaks!

Any idea of timescale? I recognise mini360 and Daniel93 from eastside too haha, but my name is mykulz1 on there

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
                        Em. I'll have to check what days I actually have off! But it'll probably be on a weekend. I'll get looking asap.

Comment

Hey Minuki, anymore updates on this, i really want to see everyones cars in real life!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                            Hey Minuki, anymore updates on this, i really want to see everyones cars in real life!
                            Enquiring today man. College has been really hectic the passed couple of weeks.

How many cars are we expecting? About 20+?

Comment

Hey you scots should organise a weekend thing when it's a bit warmer, I would definitely be up for the drive. Others might be keen if it's a couple of days and no rush too. I was thinking the other day maybe a weekend/ drive/ cruise meet in the lake district would be awesome, apparently the 'best drives' around that area too and is sorta mid way for all.

Feel sorry for you fulla's up there with no meets ahah

Comment

Working...
                              X