No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im currently considering building a nice set of RF's similar to the pic. But after some research, i found that these are a 17" face with 18" barrels and lips. How da fuk is that possible?
    I understand that rf's suit rc barrels and lips but i cant see how one simply uses smaller faces.

Comment

custom stepped lips and barrels. Got money?
      Originally posted by TRaNz
      We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

If you compare those to regular 17in BBS lips, you can see the slanted area is much bigger which is how you can pick an upsized set. 17in-18in upsized lips and barrels x4 will set you back about $1500-$1800 pretty easily. Plus finding the centres alone or having to buy a full set, you're up for decent dollars to build them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
          If you compare those to regular 17in BBS lips, you can see the slanted area is much bigger which is how you can pick an upsized set. 17in-18in upsized lips and barrels x4 will set you back about $1500-$1800 pretty easily. Plus finding the centres alone or having to buy a full set, you're up for decent dollars to build them.
          ^^ this
          Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

I love the look of stepped dish lips, they always remind me of this car...

Comment

I'm a bit 50/50 on them, sometimes I like them, sometimes I think they look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                I'm a bit 50/50 on them, sometimes I like them, sometimes I think they look terrible.
                looks a bit forced or something?
                Thats how I feel from time to time. some wheels/cars seem to pull it off better then others though
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Agreed, it really comes down to the wheel design and the car. Larger cars with them don't really work I don't feel, especially when they use a centre that looks really small(like from a 16in wheel). It just exaggerates that the lips are a bit awkwardly big and the centre wasn't supposed to be in a wheel that size. Colour choice plays a big part too.

Comment

^^ Agreed completely.
                    IG: @sebastienaudeon
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.
                    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

ah yeah, that makes sense. Dont know how i missed that now haha. I'll keep an eye out for upsized barrels and lips.
                      To save mass $$$ and time, i should probably go for basic set of 18's.
                      If anyones selling anything around the 9" and 10" marks with a 20 offset, id love to keep them in mind for near future references.
                      #fappingreferences

Comment

yeah my old lm's were converted to 3pc and were stepped up from 17 to 18"

dat patrick star
                        www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

Lm's suit the step up really well.
                          My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

3 of my fave SW cars in that picture right there andrewn!

Comment

Originally posted by P3Z View Post
                              I'll keep an eye out for upsized barrels and lips.
                              To save mass $$$ and time, i should probably go for basic set of 18's.
                              I don't see many upsized barrels/lips come up to suit BBS by themselves as a set, the occasional ones pop up O/S though. Building nice wheels costs money, if you want something, do it, just save a bit longer for it.

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                              Lm's suit the step up really well.
                              They certainly do.....it's because it's a larger, open style mesh with thin spokes I think. That's why RF's can look odd upsized....they're a fat, stubby spoke, so it generally doesn't work, but those white ones look alright, just depends what car they end up on.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                                yeah my old lm's were converted to 3pc and were stepped up from 17 to 18"

dat patrick star
                                Aha that Patrick star sticker. I peeled it off the other day. Felt like a part of me was getting torn off. The whole car got its stickers taken off. Made me super sad.

Kinda wish I didn't have to sell it.
                                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.
                                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
                                X