Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question of the year!!

When sending wheels interstate, what boxes do people use? I cant seem to find any big enough. Wheela are 18x10, im shifting my colection back to Darwin from Perth.

Comment

• two boxes.
      put a wheel in one, put the other box upside down on the other, tape together.

some extra card board.

get creative
      Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by GJA003 View Post
        Thanks Anth

Pure ass found it for sale on Gumtree for 300K.
        Got through to the current owner and his emailed me some specs through, he doesn't know the rear lip or barrel sizes. But they are 17X8 -69.3 17X8 -43.6 Fronts have a 1 Inch Lip 7 Inch Barrel. The JPS M3 ran different offsets but Simmons V4's, Believe they are stepped from a 15" Center.

Since i cant run centerlocks the below image is what im trying to achieve on the E30 Build. Although i think ill only step up one inch rather then two as 17's are harder to pull off on a non M3. Opinions though would help as its my first set im building.

Sweet! I really like the look of those! You got a pretty good deal

Comment

• Got my adapters in and one of my lug nuts that came with them have gone walk about. There audi/vw spec M14x1.5 ball seat r13 lug nuts. Anyone no where to get them in aus? Everywhere I look they only have bolt variants and not an actual nut.

Comment

• I couldnt find any when i wanted a single. Ended up ordering a complete set from over seas
            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Yeah, I think that's the only option. Thanks anyways

Comment

Hmmmm to be honest the way he wrote it all up it could be positive. The JPS Group A didn't have as crazy of offsets as it was an updated model. His one adapted to the larger brembos so they needed clearance.
                I know this is really fucking late, but I know a guy who made sets of wheels for Jimmy for his BMWs. Not sure if e30, but definitely the 635. He might have some specs for Richos e30 lying around, he seems to have done most other racing cars from that era.

I can ask if you haven't already decided/spent/made wheels up

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                  They look cool! I like them in that combo as they are(what's the car colour?)....I've looked into Force Racing before, they do some cool little wheels in any pattern. Just a pity our dollar is rooted to the GBP now. I've got a singhle 10x7.5 -7 SSR MK1 which is a wide, deep dish little 10in, I was going to get a little stand made and some glass cut and make a side table for my mancave.
                  Just out of interest, you still loving that SSR?

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• Originally posted by MkI View Post
                    I know this is really fucking late, but I know a guy who made sets of wheels for Jimmy for his BMWs. Not sure if e30, but definitely the 635. He might have some specs for Richos e30 lying around, he seems to have done most other racing cars from that era.

I can ask if you haven't already decided/spent/made wheels up
                    Shit didn't even see this, yeah it'd be interesting to know for sure. At the moment i went with building a set of BBS's but these will be the next build.

Before i order a Tumbler did anyone locally in Melbourne have one they'd let me borrow. I'd be happy to buy new media for you.

Comment

Shit didn't even see this, yeah it'd be interesting to know for sure. At the moment i went with building a set of BBS's but these will be the next build.

Before i order a Tumbler did anyone locally in Melbourne have one they'd let me borrow. I'd be happy to buy new media for you.

No worries man. I gotta call the bloke soon, and I'm seeing him in a few weeks. Hopefully he has the specs written down somewhere still. He's old school

Comment

• Where are you guys getting spacers from?
                        Are the ebay ones good enough?

I'm after 4 50mm spacers for the BMW.
                        My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Need serious help, who and how do you guys post wheels?
                          Looking at wheel whore boys specifically.

Looks like Phil isn't buying the RS', so I'm probably going to ship them to America. But don't know how I should pack them up/who I should post them with.
                          IG: @sebastienaudeon
                          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                          *pats Sebs head*
                          there there.
                          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• I had a set come in via AUSpost. they were pretty unhappy about having 4 wheels sitting in a small country depot while they waited for me to pick them up

Comment

• Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                              Where are you guys getting spacers from?
                              Are the ebay ones good enough?

I'm after 4 50mm spacers for the BMW.
                              ecs tuning, cant go wrong.

Comment

• Found dis

Make sure to include the PCD, widths, diameter, offset, make, and model of the wheel!
                                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                                *pats Sebs head*
                                there there.
                                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
                                X