Comment

• Fucken oath mate!

Nah, should be sorted. Will look as expected
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• seb wheels turned out amazing
        sigpic daily driven sti IG: skytup

Comment

• Yeah, still waiting on hardware so I can bolt them all up and shit.
          Can't wait to get tyres fitted and then mounted on the car!
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• What do you guys pay to have lips polished? From raw/factory finish to mirror polish?

I just took 4 to a new place because my old polisher has moved quite far away from home and from where he used to be, but the new place it almost double the price. Not sure if I'm feeling ripped off, or the previous guy was just a really good price!

Comment

• I'm not sure what the going rate is, I know that Craig at Whitehorse did a pretty damn good deal on the lips including polishing them.

He even polished the outside of the lips because he knows we stretch. Seriously, absolutely amazed by the finish I got.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure he said he charges $35 to polish his own lips on top of the $150 for raw, which is damn cheap but I'm guessing that's because you're already buying them from him as a raw product and there'd be less work as they're brand new and not coated in anyway.

I guess when going to a polishing business it depends on the original finish and how they're starting out and if they need to strip clear and go through all the sanding steps or not. Forgot to ask about outside edge, but there won't be much, if any stretch on these, and I assume most places wouldn't stop the polishing at the very edge and go over a little bit.

Comment

• Very true.

I think the major concern is the starting finish. Obviously if sanding is required, then the more stages necessary would bump the price up quite a bit. I guess it also depends on the polish that they're using too.

Hoping to hear back about my hardware shortly. Still waiting on bolts, hexes and logos.
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

• My last guy charged $50 from factory finish for say BBS lips, removing clear and through all sanding/polishing stages. It didn't matter the condition, and that was even if they had some minor rash which he'd get out. And $20 for a rebuff if they were polished 2nd handies and just looking a bit sad. I haven't used him for a while because he had a break after having some major surgery. New place wants $90 regardless of start condition and that's the same price for just a rebuff.

Might need to drive a little further next time and hope the previous guy still charges the same, that's if it's still him that owns the business too.

Comment

• Anth on the Central coast has the best polisher hands down. I'm talking the next set of wheels I build I'll be shipping to him. It's next level.
                      We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• $30 each regardless of current finish.
                        I do usually end up going over them once at home just to get a final finish though
                        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                          $30 each regardless of current finish.
                          I do usually end up going over them once at home just to get a final finish though
                          From old mate in dandy yeah?
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• My dude is pretty good. About $50 a lip and $15 a hex roughly when I remove clear coat myself. Hands down best finish I've seen and I'm amazed at how nice some stuff I sent him has come back.

Dyl if you have to go over them when you get home then your guy is doing it wrong lol.

Comment

• old mate in dandy is og triple og hahaha
                              Originally posted by Smeeeb
                              Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

• $30 is super cheap, but I wouldn't want to have to be going over them myself....I'd probably make them worse.

$50 was what I felt was reasonable with the previous guy, so I might have to drive that extra 20mins and go to him. If it's not him that owns it anymore or he has to charge more because of the move(higher rent or whatever), then I might have to try your guy Anthony. Shipping with E-go both ways would be $100 max, so it'd still work out cheaper...although removing clearcoat yourself is a little off putting!

After reading the thread on here on how to do it yourself I thought I'd have a go at one, even though I swore I'd never bother seeing my guy was so reasonably priced. I don't know how people do it....far too much sanding(and that's just to remove the clear as I didn't have any stripper) and even then going through the grits I don't think I did it anywhere near enough to get the right shine. They came out ok, but I can't see how these guys on here get a mirror shine by hand.....far too much effort for me to bother, and I went through about 8 or 9 different grits and took a good hour and a half.

This new guy had better get them looking almost chrome for $90 a lip!

Comment

Working...
                                X