Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
    8in dish But I have just printed up a for sale sign(more EOI, but we'll see if anyone bites). All Jap Day tomorrow and I figure I may as well stick it in the back of the wagon and see if anyone is keen. It'll be a while before I get to it and it needs a full refurb. If it doesn't sell it'll go back on my stand and wait it's turn. Yeah, 80's Japanese racers, probably off the back of a Skyline. I just did a quick mask and satin black spray on it.....looks more presentable than flakey red.....it would have been gold originally, so it needs blasting and repainting anyway.

I'd ask for more than a week and 2 transactions, but that's just me....better to be safe than sorry.

That is an epic wheel! Any takers for the wheel?

Yeah i emailed Carl and they'll be sent a week or 2 apart with paperwork stating the split price. I paid two lots of shipping for the two pairs so it's legit in a way

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
      Probably looking at two inch and two and a half inch slants...
      Can do. If you are around drop in so we can discuss further
      For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

Of course that might help.....17in Autostrada Modena's. I think you've done a few before and have the centre bore measurement on file.
        Allow approx. $140-160 + GST per lip. Polishing @ $35 + GST per lip

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
          Can do. If you are around drop in so we can discuss further
          Might have to try and call around at some point!
          IG: @sebastienaudeon
          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
          *pats Sebs head*
          there there.
          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
            Allow approx. $140-160 + GST per lip. Polishing @ $35 + GST per lip
            Thanks for that Craig. They're for barrels, so no need for polishing(I assume there's no difference between barrels and lips apart from polishing?). I just need to get the opened ended nuts I've ordered before I can mock up the wheels properly as none of my nuts fit and allow me to tighten and drop the car on some blocks to measure. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll know more.

How much is shipping to Brisbane and what's the wait time?

Comment

Thanks for that Craig. They're for barrels, so no need for polishing(I assume there's no difference between barrels and lips apart from polishing?). I just need to get the opened ended nuts I've ordered before I can mock up the wheels properly as none of my nuts fit and allow me to tighten and drop the car on some blocks to measure. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll know more.

How much is shipping to Brisbane and what's the wait time?
              Current lead time is 4-6 weeks. Freight approx. $50 at a guess

sigpic

Comment

• W210 E230 Fitment

How's it going?

I'm hoping I might be able to get some help.

Just purchased an E230 W210 Merc, currently has 15" steelies with 195/65's on it and I'm wanting to go to alloy, only catch is I've never bought wheels before so its all abit daunting.

I think I've worked out the tires I want that will keep a similar rollout to what it has now.
                They are either:

225/40R18 front
                255/40R18 rear
                OR
                225/35R19 front
                255/30R19 rear

Depending on the Rim size I find I want. I guess the part I'm struggling with now is the ET.

I know stock they have an ET of 35-38 (usually 35) but I dont know if I'll clear the rubber with that offset, or if I need to decrease it down to 20 or so.

So it's known, the car is completely stock, although I will hopefully lower it 2" in the future.

Thanks very much!
                Allbones

Comment

• Lower first. Then sort wheels
                  Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Always lower first.
                    IG: @sebastienaudeon
                    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                    *pats Sebs head*
                    there there.
                    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• No dramas, cheers for the heads up.

Comment

• So a quick update, i posted in my build thread but they get pushed off page1 quickly. Here's what my new wheels look like. Well, one of them...

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• they look awesome, have you picked them up yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
                            they look awesome, have you picked them up yet?
                            Cheers dude. Nah they get delivered in the next few weeks!

Comment

• Hey guys, what would be involved if i wanted to turn my BBS LM's into 3 piece with barrels from Whitehorse Industries? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Comment

• So as an update to my earlier post i now have 2 wheels! Carls brand new mesh design. Force Racing 10x7, 3.5" inner and 3.5" outer rim. Pretttttttttty sure they're the first set outside of europe

Loving them!

Comment

Working...
                                X