No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to machine rs if you want to front or rear mount. Not sure if there is pics on here of stus set.
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Ah I see. Ok that's good to know.
      Pretty hard to find a decently priced set of BBS's in Aus it seems.
      You know they are overpriced here when its similar money (or sometimes marginally cheaper) to bring in a set from Japan.

Comment

• It's always cheaper to bring in from Japan if you know what you're looking for.
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• It used to be bargain central in Japan....but they've caught on and are selling them for more now, and more people are now buying from there too, bumping the prices up, even on parts. You used to be able to get a full set of 4 waffles/hexes/caps posted for sub $100, they now want that for 1 pre-post! I got a full set of 15in RS from Japan 4 years ago(maybe a little more) landed for sub $400. Times have changed, and both the Japanese know their value now, and a lot more people know to buy from there where no one thought about them many years ago.

Comment

• What PCD are you looking for? Mine almost certainly won't suit, but I've tried selling them at a very decent price a couple of times now(half what they owe me including parts to widen or narrow to suit pretty much any car within the brand with the same PCD).....but the scene I'm targeting unfortunately wants nothing but Simmons and won't try anything different.

Comment

• Ideally 17" 5x112, but 114.3 + wobble bolts will do.
              I had my eye on a pair of 17x8's on yahoo auctions just last night, and it would have cost roughly 1k landed. So yeah, even via japan they are not so cheap sometimes.

Not sure if this was always the case, but it seams RS's command more money than LM's too. Wish I had a car that suited LM's.

Comment

• I've been thinking the opposite lately, LMs are selling for a small fortune. $1800-$2200 seems to be the going rate.

Comment

• 15in 5x114.3 can be had for a bargain still(I think, haven't searched for RS in ages)....it's not a commonly wanted size and I'm guessing that's why you were thinking 15-17in upsize?

A pair for $1k landed....is that EMS or sea ship? Seems really expensive for a pair!!

I feel the same as Anthony regarding LM's. I'd happily put a set on my S15, just a stockish staggered width set, no crazy offsets.....but even mild sets are pushing $1500-$1800.

Comment

• Yup, I've seen slant lip builds that look like they have used a 15inch or 16inch center with the end result being much larger.

For instance, the pic below looks like the slants add an extra couple of inches. I'm obviously incorrect here?

I was considering this path, until I found out how much slant lips themselves sell for

Based on both of your comments though, I think perhaps my estimation/valuation on a set of BBS RS's are off the mark.

I would have thought a set (for example, in 17x8 +35 114.3) would easily sell for 2k (unrestored and in average condition). Am I off the mark?

The ones on auction actually sold for $400, and that quote of 1k was from importmonster (via sea container). Could perhaps get it for a little less from someone like Jessie streeter.

This perhaps brings us to an interesting discussion on what a decent set of BBS RS's are worth......
                    Last edited by datzed; 05-28-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^Those look wonky IMO, probably a 16-18in upsize.

Bog stock RS' in average widths/offsets(like what you've said) are probably worth about $1000-1200ish in 5x114.3 17in(more for good width good offset 5x120 for example), but you'll spend an easy $2k++ doing them up right if you're widening/painting/new bolts/caps etc. Then they're worth about $3k second hand, maybe a little more or less condition depending....this is from my experience.

$600 for getting them here via sea, holy shite....go Jesse, he'll be more around $300-400 depending on widths/weight and end win value for commission etc. Was that $400/$1k for a pair or set?

Comment

• I've got some 5x112 17x8.5 bbs rt if that tickles your fancy.. Newly powdercoated and polished haven't assembled them yet.

Comment

• The $400/1k was for a pair. They had a little bit of gutter rash so weren't even perfect.

Anthony, thanks for the offer mate, but I was after a BBS (or atleast mesh) style 3 piece wheel.

Comment

• I was thinking of slapping together some of my RS to make a set to sell.
                            if you want a unrefurbed set 17x something 5x114 locally let me know.
                            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                              I was thinking of slapping together some of my RS to make a set to sell.
                              if you want a unrefurbed set 17x something 5x114 locally let me know.
                              PM Sent

Comment

• ^^^Dylan will surely sell you a set you can rebuild at a reasonable price. I'm even more gobsmacked that Import Monster would charge $600 buyers fees/shipping on a pair of $400 wheels!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X