• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step them up to 18"
    For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm feeling like doing something different. Maybe a copper lip. Mirror or brushed finish . Who wants to try?
      For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

• That'd be wild! Don't need any lips made at the moment though, keen to see it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
          I'm feeling like doing something different. Maybe a copper lip. Mirror or brushed finish . Who wants to try?
          keen as long as its not going to bust my wallet

Got some RS and simmons waiting for some whitehorse love once the bank account says ok
          Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Oooooft,

I want to do copper slant lip, 16" to 18" with hidden hardware for BBS RS.
            Make it happen Craig?
            IG: @sebastienaudeon
            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
            *pats Sebs head*
            there there.
            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• would the copper be as strong as old materials used to make lips?

Comment

• it'd be copper plating lukey. I was quoted $800 minimum for LM centres copper plated. I painted them instead haha.
                Originally posted by TRaNz
                We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                  Got any pics of the 1.5's you have?

They're not what you're after unfortunately.

Comment

• Thanks for the pics! Not the shape I'm after, however once I do some measuring I might be way off with what I'm needing. I'm planning on sandwich mounting mine, same as you did, and might end up keeping with my 1in fronts and then your 1.5in rears(if you're not using them) might just work, in which case this shape lip would be good. I could be way off wanting 3in rears!!

Are you sure they're only 1.5's....they look deeper, more like 2in, but that angled bead edge might be what's throwing me off? I need to get the wheels back(tomorrow) and do some mocking up(this weekend), then I'll know what sizes I'll be needing. But I know for sure I'll need much smaller barrels, lips I'm not positive on yet.

Speaking of which, Craig, how much do you charge for barrels, I might be needing anything from 4in, 4.5in or 5in(most likely 4.5in)? Again, I'll know more once I do a mock up.

Comment

• Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Yeah I sandwhich mounted mine.

Pretty sure this pair is 1.5" as I currently have 1" on the fronts and 2" on the rears. Got this pair after I assembled the wheels otherwise they'd probably be on the fronts.

Comment

• I'll let you know how I go with my mock up......I'm hoping I can go deeper, but if not and you want to sell those I might be interested. Can you measure the overall width of them, from under the bolt lip to the top of the bead lip just to confirm they're width?

Comment

• Slightly OT, but can anyone explain the difference between flat back vs non-flat back BBS wheels (and its significance)?

Also, where do you guys purchase your lips and barrels from?

I'm a noob that is looking to purchase and build a set of 17 inch BBS RS and am interested in doing some cost analysis type research to work out what costsI'll be faced with if I were to completely rebuild/resize a set.
                          Last edited by datzed; 05-27-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Flat back is just that, completely flat across the back pad of the wheel. The other type is raised around the holes, almost like a raised flower(that's how I describe it anyway). Flat backs can be redrilled to almost any PCD, non flat backs can only be offset drilled and inserted to a close PCD to what already exists.

I have used a few, but for my last set of generic lips I went with iclair.de, don't use conceptwheels.be(rubbish!!!), and I've heard Felgen Fuchs are good too.

Prepare to spend big $$$ if you plan to do a quality rebuild from scratch, especially if you refurb and/or go new with every part. Resizing, even more again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                              Flat back is just that, completely flat across the back pad of the wheel. The other type is raised around the holes, almost like a raised flower(that's how I describe it anyway). Flat backs can be redrilled to almost any PCD, non flat backs can only be offset drilled and inserted to a close PCD to what already exists.

I have used a few, but for my last set of generic lips I went with iclair.de, don't use conceptwheels.be(rubbish!!!), and I've heard Felgen Fuchs are good too.

Prepare to spend big $$$ if you plan to do a quality rebuild from scratch, especially if you refurb and/or go new with every part. Resizing, even more again.
                              Ah thanks for the info.

Can RS's be rear or front mounted without any issues?
                              Also, are slant lips the only way to extend the size of a wheel beyond 1inch (i.e. from a 15inch to an 17inch)?
                              Last edited by datzed; 05-27-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Rear mounted, no, front mounted, yes, but you should have them machined to suit.

As far as I know, slants are the only way to upsize anything(face size depending though I guess), unless the wheel comes in a flat lip situation(ie Modena's as per above, the 16in flat lip uses the same size centre as the 17in step lip, so the upsize doesn't require a slant), then a step lip can be used to upsize. I hope that makes sense.....Craig from Whitehorse can probably tell you what you need to know for sure though as that's his business.

A 15-17in upsize would look a bit whack IMO.....1in upsize is usually ok, but 2in can get the proportions looking really weird, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X