• Show
Clear All

• Whats opticoat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
      Whats opticoat?

A wax / sealant.

Comment

• Sealant. Don't like the idea of putting it on raw lips, rather then exposed for continuous polishing
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• My polisher has told me to seal my lips with regular car polish or a furniture wax (mr sheen) told me specifically not to use any metal polishing compounds on it as I'll dull the finish. Will probably follow his instructions and seal them with a few layers of car polish.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
            Woah. They Whitehorse?
            nah, "genuine" ROH replacement barrel, made in "i think he said" phillipines factory or something was also curious if was local made

opticoat acts like a clear coat of paint highly recommend! got my whole car done takes no time to clean and the water beads straight off
            Last edited by skytup; 08-12-2014, 09:21 AM.
            sigpic daily driven sti IG: skytup

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
              My polisher has told me to seal my lips with regular car polish or a furniture wax (mr sheen) told me specifically not to use any metal polishing compounds on it as I'll dull the finish. Will probably follow his instructions and seal them with a few layers of car polish.
              Car polish isn't a sealant though... it hardly protects that's why you put wax or sealant over the top of a polished car.
              Metal polish is for exactly that, polishing metal. Unless you have clearest or anodising on them.
              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Yeah opticoat is rad, when my paint is fixed it'll be going on. Just don't know about using it on raw lips. Keen to see how it goes

Comment

• what polish do you boys recommend for lips? mine have a few fine scratches and water marks.
                  Have purple polish at home that i was going to use
                  03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

Originally posted by TRaNz
                  getout.

Comment

• Sorry dyl. I meant carnaubra wax to seal. Not car polish.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                      Yeah opticoat is rad, when my paint is fixed it'll be going on. Just don't know about using it on raw lips. Keen to see how it goes
                      will do pics, finally decided on colour for centres , once theyre painted will be opticoated and than can start re assembling
                      test fitting tomorrow gonna take alot of pics will post some teasers

Comment

• Anyone ever mounted a 195/55R16 on a 9.5 wide wheel? Can't find a pic on tyrestretch.
                        IG: wade_rees_
                        BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by sturgey View Post
                          what polish do you boys recommend for lips? mine have a few fine scratches and water marks.
                          Have purple polish at home that i was going to use
                          I used purple polish in the past and loved it.
                          Jarred hooked me up with some new stuff though so ill have to give that a go.

Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
                          Sorry dyl. I meant carnaubra wax to seal. Not car polish.
                          Crazy white boy

Originally posted by Spados. View Post
                          Anyone ever mounted a 195/55R16 on a 9.5 wide wheel? Can't find a pic on tyrestretch.
                          if you cant find it in a 16, look for 195/55/15 or 195/55/14, still the same thing.
                          Ive had that problem before. do you really need a 195 on a 9.5 though, bit wow

Comment

• Ive got 4 195/55 tyres just laying around with heaps of meat left over. Need to be used aye. I probably could go a 205 something something 16. Depends haven't test fitted wheels yet.
                            IG: wade_rees_
                            BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• my test fit was a bust, turns out my offset calculations were way off by a fair bit, not sure if to re order barrels or just run with it as purely show rims
                              some teasers as promised iphone pics only
                              Untitled by skytup, on Flickr
                              Untitled by skytup, on Flickr

Comment

• Need more from behind angles to guage fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X