Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a play with my 16's tonight.

IMG_0798 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

The 16's measured out to 16x8.5j+10.95j.
    2" lip, 6" barrel.

So my 15's are originally 15x6.5j +17. 1" lip, 5" barrel. So I worked out the following...
    1.5" lip and a 5" barrel would make them +10.65. (7j)
    1.5" lip and a 6" barrel would make them +23.35. (8j)

The problem that I foresee is the amount of lip at the rear. I easily stuffed 2" lips with the 16's up the front, but at the rear it'll be a lot more difficult. So, I might have to stay with a 1" lip all round. That being the case.

1" lip and a 6" barrel would make them +29.7. (7.5j)

Now to get the centres drilled out to fit 14mm studs.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Are my calculations correct wheel God's of Australia?
      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
      there there.

Comment

• Yep specs look the part.
        When I read about not fitting the bigger specs up back something makes me want to say do like 8s all round. 2" lips up front, 1" lips. Reverse the lip sizes to the norm... but I dunno how it would go.
        I've seen mk5 s running 9s up front and 8.5s out back before or some odd shit like that
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
          Yep specs look the part.
          When I read about not fitting the bigger specs up back something makes me want to say do like 8s all round. 2" lips up front, 1" lips. Reverse the lip sizes to the norm... but I dunno how it would go.
          I've seen mk5 s running 9s up front and 8.5s out back before or some odd shit like that
          Woohoo, that would mean my calculator works which means I should probably put it up on the App Store so everyone can love my nerdness. Thank you Dylan, God of wheels from Melbourne, lol.

Anyway, I have considered doing that. I did consider it on the Subaru, but the Square it needs to be all legit which sucks. I am feeling the 7.5j specs, tomorrow afternoon I'll go and grab a 1.5" lip and see how they sit when on the 16's. That'll give me some sort of idea anyway.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• Followed everyones instructions and got a rattle gun. Split the 15's in no time at all.

IMG_0800 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Supporting unsupportive cunt himself.

IMG_0803 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by foffa View Post
              Just got quoted $200 a centre for my LM's to be copper plated. Faking expensive.
              Bit old, but i looked at getting my RS centre copper plated.
              Over here in Perth, i only had one person reply to my email.
              Was nearly a grand per face.

Just about had a heart attack. Hence i started polishing them myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                Bit old, but i looked at getting my RS centre copper plated.
                Over here in Perth, i only had one person reply to my email.
                Was nearly a grand per face.

Just about had a heart attack. Hence i started polishing them myself.
                Holy FUCK! hahah. I'd say he quoted that cus he didnt want to do the work.

I'm thinking I might even polish the faces myself and take them back to him and see what he says. Just have to make sure I prep them properly thats all.
                We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by foffa View Post
                  Holy FUCK! hahah. I'd say he quoted that cus he didnt want to do the work.

I'm thinking I might even polish the faces myself and take them back to him and see what he says. Just have to make sure I prep them properly thats all.
                  More than likely. Was a shame really, as i thought they would look amazing.
                  Polishing them is such a pain though. I'm getting to the point, that i may just powdercoat the centres a light copper/bronze colour.

Comment

• If you have Instagram look up hitechmetal. They are a huge mob in the US that do all sorts of playing. Rose gold is another one that looks insane!

Yeah I'll probably get through one face and then get over it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• If only someone here had one of those huge ceramic polishing tumbler thingy's....polished wheels would be so much easier to have done!

Comment

• So I've got my GTA mesh wheels off, stripped the tyres off. Had a bloke from Advanced Alloy wheels drop off some wheels we had repaired. Got him to have a quick look at my wheels, one of the outer lips has a flat spot. Nothing major. Old mate reckons it can't be rolled :/
                        IG: wade_rees_
                        BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• IG: wade_rees_
                          BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Just had my hands on a 3rd set of' professional built wheels' that haven't been torqued up correctly. This one also to the point where they were finger tight and had lost one bolt already.

So I ask. What torque settings do you use? I've always done 20ft pounds, this is one Bbs rs and some autostradas. As far as I'm aware non of the wheels I've built have fallen apart or dropped bolts.
                            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• 20ft pounds sounds about right. That's what I do mine to after not doing it with a torque wrench once.
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

• Must have have been as they didn't want to crack the powdercoat on the lips. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X