Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anth View Post
    Silver and polished sounds perfect for what you want, Seb. Clean, classy, and won't draw any unwanted attention. Unless you do a small change just for a bit of effect, like brushed lips or something subtle like that?
    Yeah, I was thinking silver centers for sure. But then I will have two sets of silver RS' so will need to do something subtle to this set. Brushed lips, machined centers maybe...
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• So what are the best sites to look for wheels in Japan ??
      Keen to start hunting for the E30, even though i haven't bought one yet.

Comment

• Yahoo.

And on the topic of LM's, aren't they a factory face mounted wheel 90% of the time?

Comment

• Thanks
          Thinking a set of Hayashi Racing Techno R for the E30.
          If i can find a set....... Want to steer away from the typical BBS RS's ect on E30's.
          Anyone know of any thing similar style wheels, i could look for if i cant find any ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
            Yahoo.

And on the topic of LM's, aren't they a factory face mounted wheel 90% of the time?

Yeah they are, but the lip on the centre is pretty small. Like if I was the face mount them only the lip would be supported by the centre. Leaving the barrel to be resting on just the bolts, which is pretty dodgy.
            We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• dunno i like the reverse mount look haha. by sandwich did you mean like the rs where it's LIP FACE LIP?

my old lm's were reverse mounted, extra dishhzz

www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• Wheels yo. I have 4 sets pulled apart waiting to be refurbed and made pretty for my new car that I bought with a screwed camshaft so haven't even been able to drive it yet... Hopefully replacement parts coming this week.

Any colour suggestions for wheels on a silver car?... Normally I like my wheels silver (not a fan of bright look at me deals) think that silver on silver could look a little bland though. (not black)

Will be contacting whitehorse soon. Hoping someone had a rough price for lips and barrels for a whole set?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  I think im going full polish on jess's next set..... which will be the biggest cunt ever.
                  fuck that

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                    dunno i like the reverse mount look haha. by sandwich did you mean like the rs where it's LIP FACE LIP?

my old lm's were reverse mounted, extra dishhzz

Yep barrel|centre|lip.

I can go reverse mount actually. Would be clean as. But what about colours? Having the same trouble as Anth haha..

Comment

• i prefer reverse mount LM's, and full polished is pretty sick, some guy on FB posted a set of futuras with pretty shiny inner barrels, looks great!

Comment

• I could never polish barrels...... one drive, brakedust...... yeah fuck that.
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by foffa View Post
                          I can go reverse mount actually. Would be clean as. But what about colours? Having the same trouble as Anth haha..
                          Foff. Reverse mounted 18" silver LM on a silver mk4. Think it looks decent because the whole car is colour coded like yours. (I have black trim everywhere)

Comment

• I've never seen sandwiched lm's actually
                            www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                              I could never polish barrels...... one drive, brakedust...... yeah fuck that.
                              yeah maintaining the outer lips alone can be enough of a pain on a daily haha

Comment

• mmm aight. much to think about. need to sell my body some more to afford this shiiit

Comment

Working...
                                X