Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skylines Australia Nationals 2012 i invite you, my fitted brothers and ranga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given last time a lot of the same questions came up - FAQ thread time!

Do I have to own a Skyline to enter?
    You can enter in any vehicle you want. SAU Nationals is not just about Skylines. It's an event for the SAU community, by the SAU community. Quite a large number of people no longer own a Skyline so we cater accordingly with trophies, classes & so on as best we can so that everyone can get involved and have a piece of the action.

How much does it cost to specate?
    Nothing, Zero, Zilch!
    Spectators at events are 100% free. SAU believe it's wrong to make money off people who want to come to a community based event. The SAU Nationals will always be free.

Who can spectate? Do they have to be on SAU?

Anyone can spectate from the general public, even bring your grandmother if you like! People have had children in toe at previous events, it's a family friendly atmosphere.

I'm a business looking to get involved with this event, who do i contact?
    There are plenty of options and way to get involved. Simply shoot an email through to us: saunationals@gmail.com

What happens if it rains on any day of the event?
    Bring a raincoat because it still goes ahead! A little bit of water won't dampen the spirits of this event by any means.

I want to get around the track and take photos, who do i go about Media Accreditation?
    There is no Accreditation as such required. However you must contact us prior to the event and make yourself known so we can ask a few questions and organise things: saunationals@gmail.com

What do i need to get out onto the track?
    Obviously a confirmed entry... But over and above that it's quite simple and all you need is:
    Fire extinguisher
    Battery/towpoint markings
    A car that is fit to be taken on the circuit (no leaking oil, full fluids, belts on tyres).
    Approved Helmet
    Please note further regs are found in the Track Day Supp Regs in the track information thread once available

Do competitors have a place to store tools, spare wheel, jack and jack stands, spare fluids etc in a pit area or other location?

You are free to store them in/around the pits. There is no designated area for this as such. Any garages and areas are on a first come, first serve basis the morning of the trackday.

Will the pit area be secure, or do I have to be paranoid about people leaning on cars, borrowing tools etc?
    The pit area is 100% open to the public. We believe to have a successful event everyone has to be able to mingle as that's part of what makes a car community interesting afterall. Keep this in mind when having your gear out if you are not around.
    That said, the SAU Community is a great bunch and to our knowledge there has never been any theft from events ever. If you are worried, just politely ask someone next to you to watch your gear if your session is up - most people are more than happy to help out.

What happens if the town the event is in, runs out of beer?

This is an interesting predicament and hopefully one that we don't have to worry about - We've pre-warned everyone that we will be in town so hopefully they accommodate!

What if my question was not answered?

Ask it below and someone will get back to you

Hopefully the FAQ was of some use for you. :thumbsup:

COME ON CUNTS

Comment

Ahaha I should enter Zelda!

But alas, cannot. Will be living in Florida by then...
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
      X