Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• depends on how many bolts.

Not all ssr lips are the same.

How about you read up on splitting wheels etc in the wheel section or on sites like wheelwhores rather then asking stupid/frustrating questions.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Hi Craig, do you repair cracked wheels? If so, please see this post... http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ostcount=17134

Comment

• Howdy Craig, you done any Work VS-XX? I have some 17" with demolished lips that I want to rebuild to 18" step lips (like Work Brombacher) and who do you recommend to get my faces repainted and to drill/assemble them. (I'm in Doncaster btw)

Thanks
        Jarrod

Comment

• Craig will recommend eastern wheel works but they are generally more expensive then the other places that are around.

Also craig, is it possible for you to make one piece lips and barrels together? or can you guys only spin up the two seperately?
          Last edited by Oxer; 04-04-2013, 08:28 AM.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Craig will recommend eastern wheel works but they are generally more expensive then the other places that are around.

Also craig, is it possible for you to make one piece lips and barrels together? or can you guys only spin up the two seperately?
            We can only spin the inner and outer rims seperately
            For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

• I've just had a look through the 7 pages(and the great work that you do!) and wanted to ask a few things about pricing, upsizing etc.

I know you started out saying as an example a 17x5in lip would be $150 + $35 to polish and that's been repeated a few times through the thread as the (somewhat) standard price for lips.

You then said a couple of pages back regarding 15's and them being a bit cheaper to make and polish:

Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
              15 x 4 inners and outers are $120 each
              15 x 5 inners and outers are $130 each
              15 x 6 inners and outers are $140 each

polishing of outers is $30 each
              Can I ask the price for some 14in outers? I'm not 100% sure what I'll need just yet, but the stock lips are 0.5in and I'll want either 1in or 1.5in for the fronts, and 2in or 2.5in for the rears, plus polishing? I assume going by the above prices for the 15's that the inners are obviously the same price as outers, as I might need 2 inners too.

Do you have any photo samples of your smaller lips, like the 1in, 1.5in and 2in, just to see how they look....flat, slant, stepped etc?

Also, I know it's been asked about the upsizing from 17in to 18in, is the price still pretty much the same for the inner and outer, or does it cost more to upsize? Do just make a regular 18in lip/barrel and the centre hole is smaller to accommodate the 17in centre with a fatter bolt shelf, or do you actually step them down from 18in to 17in while retaining a somewhat standard looking bolt shelf? I hope that makes sense, I'm just wondering as I've seen it done a few different ways, and some ways it looks quite odd.

I think that covers my questions.....thanks in advance!

Comment

• Hi Craig, read through this thread and have two questions:

- the wheel to the right of the motorcycle, is that a custom centre with one of your outers? Just that I have an unsual PCD and a custom centre place in Melbourne or Aus would be perfect.

- Failing that, if I got something like this:

I'm guessing that the bolts holding the rim out could be drilled out and a new outer spun up? I need a strange size, roughly 15x5 or 15x6 with around +35 offset.

thanks
                5x127, +43. who comes up with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                  I've just had a look through the 7 pages(and the great work that you do!) and wanted to ask a few things about pricing, upsizing etc.

I know you started out saying as an example a 17x5in lip would be $150 + $35 to polish and that's been repeated a few times through the thread as the (somewhat) standard price for lips.

You then said a couple of pages back regarding 15's and them being a bit cheaper to make and polish:

Can I ask the price for some 14in outers? I'm not 100% sure what I'll need just yet, but the stock lips are 0.5in and I'll want either 1in or 1.5in for the fronts, and 2in or 2.5in for the rears, plus polishing? I assume going by the above prices for the 15's that the inners are obviously the same price as outers, as I might need 2 inners too.

Do you have any photo samples of your smaller lips, like the 1in, 1.5in and 2in, just to see how they look....flat, slant, stepped etc?

Also, I know it's been asked about the upsizing from 17in to 18in, is the price still pretty much the same for the inner and outer, or does it cost more to upsize? Do just make a regular 18in lip/barrel and the centre hole is smaller to accommodate the 17in centre with a fatter bolt shelf, or do you actually step them down from 18in to 17in while retaining a somewhat standard looking bolt shelf? I hope that makes sense, I'm just wondering as I've seen it done a few different ways, and some ways it looks quite odd.

I think that covers my questions.....thanks in advance!
                  Pricing is governed by the size of the piece of metal we start with. The $150 quoted price for a 17x5 is correct. 14" are cheaper. 18" are dearer. Once you know exact sizes give me a call at work.

Upsizing is done by using 17" tooling with an adapter to 18" so bolt shelf as you have called looks standard.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
                    Pricing is governed by the size of the piece of metal we start with. The $150 quoted price for a 17x5 is correct. 14" are cheaper. 18" are dearer. Once you know exact sizes give me a call at work.

Upsizing is done by using 17" tooling with an adapter to 18" so bolt shelf as you have called looks standard.
                    I'll definitely give you a call once I work out sizing for the 14's. I need to have them drilled and the CB machined larger before I can even try them on the car and work out measurements, but once I've had that done, I'll be in contact.

Comment

• ppl get ready for some spastik new wheels that are in Craig's possession ATM. making up some lips and barrels for some very special wheels..

Comment

• Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
                        ppl get ready for some spastik new wheels that are in Craig's possession ATM. making up some lips and barrels for some very special wheels..
                        Outer lips are spun. Inner barrels I will start on Monday. Then off for their first heat treat. These are gonna look awesome.

sigpic

Comment

• simmons lips and barrels, 17". are widths specific increments in 1/2", or can i specify an exact width? what sort of prices for ~3.25" lips and ~7" barrels

Comment

• Best to ring me at work. 03 9739 5955

sigpic

Comment

• What sort of price for 17x2 outers and 17x6.5 inners for 17" BBS rs lips?

Comment

• Good to see an Aussie company that don't charge rediculous prices and reply to emails, good work

Comment

Working...
                                X