No announcement yet.

Stanced Magazine.... Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solely blaming a magazine for fan boys - ie your 1k worth of wheels and coils, is misguided they exist now i have been and go to plenty of meets unfortunately sw meets clash with work for me typically so i cant comment directly on that but most of the meets i go to are full of cars that i wouldnt look twice at but thats actually what its all about. Yep you've got freinds here a good community going on but is it an exlusive illuminati? no - so these dudes maybe they dont have the means to achieve what some other cars have and what you think is the bench mark for how a car should be.

Who says xxr wheels are unacceptable? What basis do you have to look down on someone with them - Just the same as guys who mod civics, or honda jazz's i mean they put tow hook on them ffs! a jazz couldnt tow a corn flakes box but hey its cool yeh?

I'm not having a dig at you or your community, but its an absolute cop out to blame a magazine for potentially ruining your culture. What WILL ruin it is frowning on people and the cars you feel are inferior or not up to standard to associate with you and your mates I've been around cars for a very long time through heaps of different fads and styles one thing thats always stayed true is guys having a good time hanging out.. not a pissing contest about fake wheels / real wheels.

Take SAU someone does a runner from cops in adelaide ina skyline they all start hyperventalating they are gonna cop it harder from the popo because of that one persons actions - get real! the stigma and reputation is firmly ingrained its not going anywehere i new that when i bought another skyline doesnt faze me in the slightest what reputation they have. I'm lucky enough to have two cars and frankly couldnt drive a skyline with my work if i wanted to ( maybe a 35 if i could afford one haha)
    Last edited by alr33x; 01-16-2012, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alr33x View Post
      solely blaming a magazine for fan boys - ie your 1k worth of wheels and coils, is misguided they exist now i have been and go to plenty of meets unfortunately sw meets clash with work for me typically so i cant comment directly on that but most of the meets i go to are full of cars that i wouldnt look twice at but thats actually what its all about. Yep you've got freinds here a good community going on but is it an exlusive illuminati? no - so these dudes maybe they dont have the means to achieve what some other cars have and what you think is the bench mark for how a car should be.

Who says xxr wheels are unacceptable? What basis do you have to look down on someone with them - Just the same as guys who mod civics, or honda jazz's i mean they put tow hook on them ffs! a jazz couldnt tow a corn flakes box but hey its cool yeh?

I'm not having a dig at you or your community, but its an absolute cop out to blame a magazine for potentially ruining your culture. What WILL ruin it is frowning on people and the cars you feel are inferior or not up to standard to associate with you and your mates I've been around cars for a very long time through heaps of different fads and styles one thing thats always stayed true is guys having a good time hanging out.. not a pissing contest about fake wheels / real wheels.

Take SAU someone does a runner from cops in adelaide ina skyline they all start hyperventalating they are gonna cop it harder from the popo because of that one persons actions - get real! the stigma and reputation is firmly ingrained its not going anywehere i new that when i bought another skyline doesnt faze me in the slightest what reputation they have. I'm lucky enough to have two cars and frankly couldnt drive a skyline with my work if i wanted to ( maybe a 35 if i could afford one haha)
      Im not Soley blaming this magazine.... I know there are thousands of blogs/websites to do with this... I also know there are thousands of people that wouldnt know how to navigate the internet to find them... As for looking down on peoples cars, I dont look down on people at all.. I will apreciate the amount of work peolpe put into their cars, fake wheels or not, if someone puts serious effort in then Im all for it. But when people spend $800 on a set of XXR wheels, If I know them Ill tell them I dont like them..

For $800 you can find plenty of wheels on YJ or the like, after all, standing out from the crowd is usually what we like to do anyways. The basis for me not accepting XXR wheels is the same as many people who collect/love wheels. Why buy a replica when you can buy the real thing?

Call me a dick, douche, cock sucker, whatever for disliking replica/fake wheels... Im not really fussed.. Also, this isnt MY community, its our community. just thought I'd clarify that..
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

this threads got to be a joke right?

cops catching on, to what? cars have been getting done for too low way before "stance" became the in thing and as for being done for 'fitment' those laws have been around a heck of a lot longer than the current fad, wheels outside body line, tyre load limits etc which are all the laws they use to get us for now..

Dont blame the magazine its just a business out to make $$$ good for them, as for people copying, dont think you'll see a single thing that hasn't been done before somewhere else ie USA/Europe etc. So what seperates you from some kid who see's it in the latest "stanced magazine" and immitates that?

You guys didnt create 'stance'.
        I understand the frustration at the magazine, but I agree with alr33x. I've been involved in the modified car scene since I was a kid in the late 90s, and there was never a time when cops ignored modified cars. They'd pull over stock WRXs at every opportunity and ACA would run stories on how we were ruining the community whenever someone did a burnout. The Autosalon movement, coupled with the Fast and the Furious movies, brought the scene into the mainstream consciousness. But it was hardly underground before that happened.

I've never seen a movement stay underground. Indie/hipster/dubstep/stance... guys even fucking scientology is now a multi-bullion dollar machine. Stance hasn't been underground for at least a year by my reckoning. It's just the progression of the modified car scene. No-one wants to be left out, we all want to be on the cool kids table. And right now, that's you guys.
        I drive too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Comment

I agree don't rate fake wheels but I don't **** on them to much.. Only
            Mohsens ones lol

I think the magazine will hopefully encourage and inspire people to go the extra mile get real wheels for me where it will fail is if it showcases cars and promotes seconds rate parts/equiptment that would be dissapointing

Comment

interesting points being debated upon here

Comment

I agree don't rate fake wheels but I don't **** on them to much.. Only
                Mohsens ones lol

I think the magazine will hopefully encourage and inspire people to go the extra mile get real wheels for me where it will fail is if it showcases cars and promotes seconds rate parts/equiptment that would be dissapointing
                Find me legit te37-g2s in my sizes :p
                Dude I'm just waiting untill I can free up some more cash. Then you'll see quality wheels.

Comment

IMO i dont see the point in buying fake wheels as a temporary set up? Why not just wait that little bit extra. Atleast you wont loose money? Unless you can sell for the exact amount that you bought it for then i guess its ok.

#nodiss <3 moh

Comment

I like g2s but I'm not gonna roll on 20x11s lol. Al
                    I picked up these reps.
                    Hopefully I'll get this thing resprayed and be rocking oems from another make

Comment

U kno I love ya mohomo

Comment

"Just the same as guys who mod civics, or honda jazz's i mean they put tow hook on them ffs! a jazz couldnt tow a corn flakes box but hey its cool yeh?"
                        they cant tow, but the break down alot and need to be towed ^_^

any way....im just disgusted with what i saw on saturday night. really is this what the "JDM" car scean has come down too? pure filth, i wouldent even help the cunts out of the car if their car was on fire....one less monstrosity that will ever get built again. stock wrx's plastered with stickers and illest bages, cunts with fake wheels and a foot of wheel gap or even worse cunts with huge offset and 3 foot of wheel gap

i see more and more "done up" cars every day and on too often of an ocasion when i try to have a conversation about the persons car becasue i might be mirin/trying to be nice to the person about their shit heap they have NFI what im talking about and are just doing it to look cool. i never got into cars to "look cool" i got into cars because the love of cars from my older brother/father rubbed off on to me and i now love tinkering with cars more then i do any thing else in my life.
                        and in this "look cool" fad HAS come with a fuck load of police attention.

aler33x you said you had been around cars since the early 90's then you too should know that the police attention towards cars was NO WHERE near as bad as what it is today.
                        i.e i was driving my missus to work on the freeway yesterday, 4 cars ahead of me in the right lane were sitting on 110+ i cruise up doing 98 to spot an undercover in the middle lane to see him staring me down in his side mirror, that fucking cunt let 4 people speeding pass him just so he could wait for me to come up next to him.
                        in saying that i sat on 80 on the freeway pulled in behind him and took the next exit to gtfo of their and it was too late for him to exit.

Comment

Police attention is worse now in that they hand out defects my first 33 which was more stock than my current one I got pulled over 35 odd times in 15 months so no the attention isn't worse the outcome of the attention is worse

Comment

Police attention is worse now in that they hand out defects my first 33 which was more stock than my current one I got pulled over 35 odd times in 15 months so no the attention isn't worse the outcome of the attention is worse
                            But isn't that exactly what ox was saying in the first place? It's not that police attention has become more serious, it's that the police are now being serious about the way we mod our cars, take mohs car for example, he got pulled over the other week because we was to low, wheels to much poke and what not, but he got let off because, well, I guess the cop was a nice bloke,

But the thing that is going to happen as a result of this magazine being out is that when things like this happen, the cops arnt just going to admire our cars anymore, it isn't going to be a 'just make sure you fix it' slap on the wrist kind of thing, given, I admit that this isn't entirely the magazines fault and that there is most definatly more police attention and awareness on the 'scene' that people have decided is the 'cool' thing.

That was always going to happen though, more stickered cars, more police being told to look for stickered cars, more low cars, police crack down on lower cars etc. I think in the end the real problem is going to be the community here, and elsewhere who are in it for the pure love of cars, and not to just do it because thats what they saw on a hellaflush meet video, are going to be effected in a negative light.

And fucking nobody likes being looked upon like that.

Comment

I personally don't see it that way at all defects for to low have been around forever it's not new. Moh got lucky thats all it was not cos the cop did or didn't know what they were looking at.

Perhaps you guys need to harden up a bit what your whinging about is what the rest of the car scene has been putting up with forever - modify a car expect the attention and penalties that come with it

Comment

No one is whinging about getting defected... The issue is exploiting this form of modifying for profit without thinking about the people who arent in it for the short term.
                                Originally posted by anth
                                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
                                X