This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JC. View Post
    Guys that own the 180sx's, got a question for you.

Would I be better off hanging out and looking for a completely stock example, at it's less likely it's been thrashed? Or would I try and get something that has been not 'highly' modded, but has upgraded LSD, turbz, manifold, internals and what not, as it's likely been tuned well, and may have only been semi thrashed?

I'm leaning for towards the semi modified ones... Need to know what I should look out for though...

Also, ca18det not bad? I saw a guy running 700hp on one?
    Or would I (again) be better trying to find an sr20det?
    I'm not a 180 guy but my best mate has an S13. He bought his slightly modified, GT28 turbo from an S15 amongst other things. Turbo fucked out after a couple of weeks an ended up blowing the motor after a couple of months with a new turbo. He was doing skids though so can't really say if it was his fault or not.

Go sr20. They're a newer motor and will have more parts available for a longer amount of time.. In saying that the CA18 is still a kickass motor.

If I was gonna buy one, I'd buy the stock granny spec one. Only reason I'd buy a modified one was if the work had just even completed..
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• hankook changed the sizing on one particular tyre in the last few days wtf

195/40ZR16 Hankook VENTUS S1 evo

posted that the other day in a taleb tyres wanted tyre size thread after i found that size and tyre on their website, and now it says it only does 195/45/16

wtf raaaaaaaaaage

Comment

• Originally posted by JC. View Post
        Guys that own the 180sx's, got a question for you.

Would I be better off hanging out and looking for a completely stock example, at it's less likely it's been thrashed? Or would I try and get something that has been not 'highly' modded, but has upgraded LSD, turbz, manifold, internals and what not, as it's likely been tuned well, and may have only been semi thrashed?

I'm leaning for towards the semi modified ones... Need to know what I should look out for though...

Also, ca18det not bad? I saw a guy running 700hp on one?
        Or would I (again) be better trying to find an sr20det?
        if you go stock 180, best option is to get the latest 1997 Type X 180, coz they look a shitload better and usually have lower ks

getting a modded one, they will most likely be thrashed

the key is to get someone who knows their stuff to look at the car with you and do a comp test and etc.

the truth is 90% of cars will be thrashed

avoid CAs at all cost, they are harder to find parts for and are not knows for their reliability
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• help me 195/40/126 tyres

Comment

• lol @ jdmst... face fucking palm.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
              lol @ jdmst... face fucking palm.
              Why they **** s|w so much me no understand
              Originally posted by Smeeeb
              Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

• they just hate me...

Comment

• Cause troll so hard? Haha

Prinny tonight?

Comment

• cbf man, sick as fuck...

I barely troll anymore haha... Im not going to bother commenting on jdmst/ozhomo... seems im not liked all round, yet no one has ever said anything to my face lol

Comment

• Ah fair enough man.

Keyboards are tough bro haha

Comment

• true?

Comment

• link me cunt i want some lols

Comment

• you'll find it

Comment

• in the vic future events thread

its so funny watching all the people from south east melb whinge about travelling anywhere further than the city

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                                you'll find it

Comment

Working...
                                X