This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
    i wanna get rid of the p/s in the integra.

maybe i need to buy a 2nd hand rack and pull it apart
    I deleted power steering in both my civic and the e30 touring. I just looped the too ports where the power steering hoses went in and out. Put some power steering fluid in there befor you seal it up.

The civic went from being easy to steer to having to have hulk strength (at carpark speeds) but the E30, the difference is not all that much.

Some people take the racks apart and remove some ring (not sure what it does though) in the hondas. The e30 crowd has always just looped it or blocked off the two ports or found a factory manual steering rack.
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• i highly doubt they make a non p/s rack for an integra tho

but i never thought about looping the in to out ports on the rack

Comment

• I've heard that a power steering car converted to manual is harder to steer than a regular manual steer car. Never had any experience with it myself, my car runs a steering box ffs, old tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
          anyone know if its possible to manualise a power steering rack?
          Easily for the Alfa racks... A quick copy past on the instructions...

"Mobil 1 synthetic grease"
          " The solution was to convert the standard power rack into a manual rack. After a discussion with the manufaturer to verifly that our idea would work my dad proceded with the modification and now it's done."
          "To convert the rack to manual it must be removed, thoroughly cleaned and packed with grease. Use bolts and thread sealant to plug the holes and install two balance lines as shown in the picture. When you bolt it back in use liquid thread lock on the bolts securing it to the chassis."

At the bottom of one of the Alfa threads is a link to this intergra manual conversion
          My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
            I've heard that a power steering car converted to manual is harder to steer than a regular manual steer car. Never had any experience with it myself, my car runs a steering box ffs, old tech.
            Usually yes, but that's because you'd find the lock-to-lock turning is quicker for the PS rack than a manual. Alfa manual racks are 3.6 turns or more, power steering racks are 3.3 or less, depending on models. A quicker rack is why Alfa track cars all run PS racks converted to manual.

Comment

• Just got a call from my engine builder this morning. I have waited nearly 2 months for exhaust valves to come fro the US and today they sent an email saying the ones they priced for me are no good for turbo engines and the ones I need are more than double the original price.

If the dicks told me that 2 months ago I would of told em to get fucked and my engine could of been finished by now.

Comment

• That sucks...

I'm dreaming of stancing something different ATM, at work browsing ebay... Fiat x19. I wish I had a shed and wasn't building. New house has a 10x13m shed though so worth the wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by RBT View Post
                  Just got a call from my engine builder this morning. I have waited nearly 2 months for exhaust valves to come fro the US and today they sent an email saying the ones they priced for me are no good for turbo engines and the ones I need are more than double the original price.

If the dicks told me that 2 months ago I would of told em to get fucked and my engine could of been finished by now.
                  What a joke... Who is building your motor?
                  omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                    That sucks...

I'm dreaming of stancing something different ATM, at work browsing ebay... Fiat x19. I wish I had a shed and wasn't building. New house has a 10x13m shed though so worth the wait...
                    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fiat-X1-9...7ff6d9f&_uhb=1

Comment

• Originally posted by RBT View Post
                      Just got a call from my engine builder this morning. I have waited nearly 2 months for exhaust valves to come fro the US and today they sent an email saying the ones they priced for me are no good for turbo engines and the ones I need are more than double the original price.

:/

There any other guys you can get valves through?
                      www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• Fuck Rob, that is terrible. Fuck that.

Would have received an angry phone call from me if I was in your situation.
                        IG: @sebastienaudeon
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.
                        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                          What a joke... Who is building your motor?
                          Kanaris Engines. In a way not really his fault the dicks in the US that make the valves first said to go stainless then after 2 months they told the builder "Nah stainless is no good for turbo application"
                          Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                          :/

There any other guys you can get valves through?
                          For my engine custom is the only way but it can get pricy due to the materials they use to make the valves.
                          Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                          Fuck Rob, that is terrible. Fuck that.

Would have received an angry phone call from me if I was in your situation.
                          Yeah the builder is milking it a bit but the dudes in the US just wasted 2 months of my time! Will email the fuckers.

So after discussing this with the engine builder we gona use the standard valves but re cut and size them also we gona go full race port on the heads to get maximum flow.

Comment

• What sort of power figures are you expecting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan. View Post
                              What sort of power figures are you expecting?
                              I will be happy with over 300awkw.

Comment

• Lol being angry to someone will only make your situation worse Seb, especially when they are in possession of your motor hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X