This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spados. View Post
    Thanks to Oxer for a good deal. Lips need repairing, a dent bashed out, faces painted another colour. Not to sure about colour though and use the old dremel on the hubs. Gave one wheel hub a go before, keep chewing through different grinding stone bits pretty quick and it still isn't fitting yet.

if you're gonna diy the hubs, at least use a cylinder bore hone tool so its even

Comment

• Ahhh yes, I'll buy one tomorrow.
      IG: wade_rees_
      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Dude, get it done professionally. It cost me all of $2 to get it done professionally with a cc machine. It's not worth having the structural integrity of your wheels sacrificed to save some pocket change.

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

• didnt know about s tuner...... are there any others?
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Spados, get the faces sandblasted and start fresh, fuck sanding all that shit out. Should cost you under $100 for all 4, I payed $30 for two wheels recently. Just tape the lips up.

What do you guys pay for getting lips polished? I just dropped two wheels off to the guy in coburg that works from home (he's close to my work), he said to call back at lunch time for a price. I stupidly had the whole wheels sandblasted including the lips, so I'm guessing there's a bit of work in it for him.

Comment

• 30$ per lip in dandy, Nenis mate.
              Mine were pretty stiffed too
              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Yeah no way am I sanding these faces. I'll pay to get them blasted. Main priority now is getting them fitted to the car. Only need 1mm removed from the hub. Shouldn't be hard with a bore tool.
                BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Oh you meant enlarging the hubs. Definitely don't DIY, get that shit done properly.

$30 a lip, Dylan? That's cheap as, I'll see what this guy says. Dandy is way too far for me though.

Comment

• Just got quoted $80 per wheel. Fak.

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
                      Just got quoted $80 per wheel. Fak.
                      Hire a Lambo and drive to Dandy. Still cheaper lol

Comment

• Worst part was, last time I used this guy I vowed to never go there again, then this morning I'm like 'ehh, he's close, it's convenient".

So what does he do? Tells me to leave the wheels with him and call him at lunch time for a price. Stupid me, in my morning drowsiness, agrees to this arrangement. So I call him at lunch time and he tells me $80 per wheel, to which I say "I'll get back to you". Now the wheels are at his place and I need to go get them from him, annoying. Should have just gotten a quote from him on the spot like a normal person. Gotta stop agreeing to shit on the spot and then regretting it later.

Comment

• this ones not to bad
                          03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

Originally posted by TRaNz
                          getout.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                            30$ per lip in dandy, Nenis mate.
                            Mine were pretty stiffed too
                            I got charged $40

Good guy though, happy to pay it.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                            $30 a lip, Dylan? That's cheap as, I'll see what this guy says. Dandy is way too far for me though.
                            You're such a fkn faggot.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                            Worst part was, last time I used this guy I vowed to never go there again, then this morning I'm like 'ehh, he's close, it's convenient".

So what does he do? Tells me to leave the wheels with him and call him at lunch time for a price. Stupid me, in my morning drowsiness, agrees to this arrangement. So I call him at lunch time and he tells me $80 per wheel, to which I say "I'll get back to you". Now the wheels are at his place and I need to go get them from him, annoying. Should have just gotten a quote from him on the spot like a normal person. Gotta stop agreeing to shit on the spot and then regretting it later.
                            fucken dumb cunt

Originally posted by sturgey View Post
                            this ones not to bad
                            meh, fair gay...
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• I'm gonna need wobble bolts like you said Oxer. There pretty close in PCD. It's a bees deck out.
                              BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• I cant find any wobble bolts for BMW specifically but I can't see why the ones used on VW and Audi differ. This is the first time dealing with wobble bolts personally. Most BMWs have M12x1.5 wheel bolts. Anyone got better ideas? Adapters are out of the question.
                                BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X