Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat rod body drop Polo is easily the best thread on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
      LOL

i was keen for a punchon
      I didn't know what to make if the situation so I startrd trying to sell my mazda tributary to your mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
        Rat rod body drop Polo is easily the best thread on this forum.
        linkkk
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
          linkkk
          HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!...

Comment

• oh wow.
            Maybe I need to look at more build threads on here
            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
              Fair enough....yeah the "bolt shelf" being fatter makes them look upsized. I'm thinking about converting some of my OZ wheels from 17in to 18in if the cost to do so isn't silly and I can find somewhere that does lips/barrels.

I've seen that iclair place on ebay, might use them next.....I hope you have better luck than I did with concept-wheels as I had a terrible run with them!! Any reason you're getting the lips and barrels from different places?

Gold on black should look great!!
              iclair didnt have 17" barrels on their site, but they were quick to send the lips out with no hassles

what problems did you have with concept-wheels? theyre yet to actually send the barrels yet.

Comment

• When did you order them? I ordered 4 lips and 2 barrels, plus some bolts and caps from them and it took 10-11 weeks(end of October til early January) and about 50 or more emails to get my stuff. So many lies about the stuff being made and sent when it hadn't been made or sent, lies about the bolts not being in which delayed the order, then he told me he packed polished lips instead of raw barrels and had to unpack and remake them, so more delays. It was at this time last year and he also blamed SEMA for the delays. There were just so many lies and stories, but in the end I got my stuff, plus some little freebies for my troubles, so it was ok, but a big head-f*ck. My lips were marked/stained and needed re-polishing,....this obviously wouldn't apply to yours being barrels, oh and the BBS caps were fakes too, which he later admitted when I asked. I was losing my mind dealing with him and had to start a paypal dispute to cover myself.....he didn't like that, but I had no option.

I usually don't go around bashing shops, I just move on and use someone else, but seeing you've asked.....it was a fucking nightmare!!! Hope it goes alright for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
                  Rat rod body drop Polo is easily the best thread on this forum.
                  100%

Originally posted by mohsen View Post
                  I didn't know what to make if the situation so I startrd trying to sell my mazda tributary to your mate.
                  lol. I wasnt worried, even if it was for real, I'd be more then happy to belt some cunt.....

Originally posted by Beware View Post

I usually don't go around bashing shops, I just move on and use someone else, but seeing you've asked.....it was a fucking nightmare!!! Hope it goes alright for you!
                  I **** being fucked around internationally.
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• hey guise

Comment

• hi 👋
                      IG: wade_rees_
                      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

When did you order them? I ordered 4 lips and 2 barrels, plus some bolts and caps from them and it took 10-11 weeks(end of October til early January) and about 50 or more emails to get my stuff. So many lies about the stuff being made and sent when it hadn't been made or sent, lies about the bolts not being in which delayed the order, then he told me he packed polished lips instead of raw barrels and had to unpack and remake them, so more delays. It was at this time last year and he also blamed SEMA for the delays. There were just so many lies and stories, but in the end I got my stuff, plus some little freebies for my troubles, so it was ok, but a big head-f*ck. My lips were marked/stained and needed re-polishing,....this obviously wouldn't apply to yours being barrels, oh and the BBS caps were fakes too, which he later admitted when I asked. I was losing my mind dealing with him and had to start a paypal dispute to cover myself.....he didn't like that, but I had no option.

i ordered them a week ago, 30th october. was going to wait til next week before asking when theyll get sent.

was really hoping to get them done before christmas, but im guessing that wont happen, as i dont want to get the centers done til i have barrels.

i'll keep an eye on dates, so if he screws me around i can do a paypal dispute before time runs out.

Comment

• It may not happen in a bad way for you, but being the same time of year as when I ordered it could be likely.....maybe I just got a raw deal. Keep an eye on dates as you said, just to cover yourself.

I sometimes get the feeling that some O/S sellers don't give great service because we're on the other side of the world....and as Oxer said, it sucks to be rooted around by people who know there's really nothing you can do because of this!

Comment

It may not happen in a bad way for you, but being the same time of year as when I ordered it could be likely.....maybe I just got a raw deal. Keep an eye on dates as you said, just to cover yourself.

I sometimes get the feeling that some O/S sellers don't give great service because we're on the other side of the world....and as Oxer said, it sucks to be rooted around by people who know there's really nothing you can do because of this!
                            Only time I buy stuff is when I know the company.

Streeter in japan has always gone the extra step to help me, and the companies ive dealt with in the us ive met in person, with the exception of ccw.

I used an unknown company once, they fucked me hard.
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• This ^

Even with contacts here, still get fucked around.
                              The place I got my rs bolts were good though, Adaptec have been good on most of my orders over the years (only one out of 5 or so was not 100%)

Comment

• Wouldnt have this issue with genuine rotas...

Comment

Working...
                                X