This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
    notch cant be engineered. you have srs airbags, a notch is an instant write off. Ive told you this several times.
    I heard that if certain requirements are met with the notch, it can be engineered here in SA...

I shall learn more this Wednesday

Also, like what the fuck. Longest runway ever.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Found a trolley cut in half tonight. Slam trolley may be making an appearance in Melbourne.
      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
      there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
        You've missed the context

The officer only msg'ed him and said that his car is known to the police, just to give him a warning/heads up that he might want to as such "get his act straight"

He copped the defect while driving, nobody is issuing defect by mail or by FB.
        If you drive an illegal car you will cop it, such is modified car life and until the laws change there is sweet fuck all you can do.
        Yes. From what I gathered, the reason Seb was pissed off is because the police fined him for something they should have not, which is the reason why I said people should be encouraged to fight to have their rights enforced. That's what my response and example was related to.

Allowing cops to look you up so easily on FB and send you a msg is your own doing and in retrospect there's nothing that can really done about it, if you have a facebook profile that hasn't been set up correctly to be private, you sure as hell don't have a right to privacy.

And the laws will never change, until a government decides to change them, or someone mans up and challenges the validity of such laws and powers that are given to the police. Anyways, I guess I'm more opinionated about this issue because I'm sick and tired of people complaining about how unjust the whole defect process is and such, and never actually going through the appropriate channels to try find their own sense of justice. If they're not willing to actually get out there and do the work that is needed to prove that what is happening on our roads is wrong/unjust, they should just cop it and move on.

Comment

• I'm simply annoyed that I am getting a fine for something that I shouldn't be and therefore will be contesting it.

I know it is my own fault for getting the defect, I chose to run my wheels, so it was obvious that I was going to get some form of questioning. However, being told that it was known to the police in the vicinity that I was to be on the cruise, that just gets me a little bit.

I have since disassociated myself with Facebook, and my build thread on here will stop as well. It is obvious that there is a flag on my number plate too. Such is life, and thus I will be running around stock for a little bit.

Melbourne shall be interesting nonetheless.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• hand in your plates and get new generic ones? you can get it done here in WA for like 15 bucks

Comment

• It's very tempting to do so. Will have to ask about it tomorrow when I call SA rego.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post

Those are Dunlop TEs
                Awesome. Cheers!
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by rom2nv View Post
                  hand in your plates and get new generic ones? you can get it done here in WA for like 15 bucks
                  This...

In my old R31 Turbo I got pulled over at least once a week, wasn't till I was told that the car was on a "close watch" basis with one of the nice policeman from the previous owners street drifting antics that I put 2 + 2 together and changed the plates, no more issues.
                  Fair Dinkum

Comment

• Defect cleared. Questioning fine at the moment. Blergh.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                      Regardless, it is what it is, car is back to stock again and will clear the defect tomorrow. But will definitely be contesting this fine that I am given as I'm only supposed to be given it if the previous defect was the same as the current one, which it isn't.

Will complain tomorrow after the defect is cleared.
                      I think it's amazing you just simply get a defect and that's it.....up here it's defect, fine and points and I believe a major defect is a court appearance now.

Comment

• So, the cop didn't check anything other than the wheels. Which was okay, as everything was out anyway so if he had of checked the suspension components I would have been fine.

Regardless, looks like I'll be getting a $433 fine in the mail soon. Which will be contested.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

• lol..... dramas for nothing.

qld has it worse then all of us. imagine losing points for defects..... none of us would have licences. cant wait to bring the civic up.... it will probably be taken off me haha
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• All the dramas, but shit happens and I feel better not relying on Facebook. Shows who your real mates are when you don't have it, text messages for days. But yeah, lying low for a bit, stock car until Thursday week, then it all goes back in ready for the drive up Saturday morning.

Good luck with the Civic Ox, you're gonna need it lol
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• fuckin facebook. dumb fuckin cunts.
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• are you sure the person who msgd you on fb is a real cop?
                                - = [ M . I . A | c r e w ] = -
                                Its not bags, its a tank for the car that keeps the inside car cabin pressurized and uv rays down to a minimum so that colins skin doesnt react with the outside uv rays. The tank is conected to a powercore with a special generator separate to the cars system. As so im told, it uses a nuclear substance which has been supplied by Moh. The complex design was created for people with special skin conditions like colin. Id say its a good investment for colin.

Comment

Working...
                                X