This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh.verse View Post

back from the coaters, just a quick mockup but so happy.
    wow just plain wow.

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

Looks really good! but the question is will they look this good on your car... Is the lips the same colour as the car cause it looks really similar

Comment

• Originally posted by nej View Post
        Looks really good! but the question is will they look this good on your car... Is the lips the same colour as the car cause it looks really similar
        it is the same colour but I feel with the black of the tyre it will break it up a bit, and as I've spoken with a few of the guys if they were all black they'd sort of get swallowed and being a 17 its already going to look smaller on the car too..

See how it looks at the end of the week I guess haha.

Comment

it is the same colour but I feel with the black of the tyre it will break it up a bit, and as I've spoken with a few of the guys if they were all black they'd sort of get swallowed and being a 17 its already going to look smaller on the car too..

See how it looks at the end of the week I guess haha.
          Yeah the tyre will break it up... I'm on 17's aswell and you can make it work.
          All black.......... lets just leave that there LOL. I'm just very curious to see how well it would go with the car since the lips are the same colour, but right now in my head I'm thinking its way to much.

Anyway they look sweet and can't wait to see them on!

Comment

• grouse as
            Originally posted by Smeeeb
            Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
              Lol.
              Sound like me, 3 sets of wheels for sale, yet $3.80 something in the bank until Thursday.

Some guy drove 4hrs on Friday to test fit my vw aristos on his astra (vw-5x100, astra 5x110 I think) only to tell me if they don't fit he can't buy.
              Who does buy it now on fleabay then does that? Not like my add clearly lacked info.
              Got $100 out of him, but think eBay takes that in fees. Sigh
              Lol at the fool who drove that far without checking his stud pattern... what a waste of time...

Originally posted by josh.verse View Post

ooooh nice, will be very interested to see these mounted.
              Originally posted by TRaNz
              omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• Got a quick que in case anyone can chime in..

I got some lowered Espelir springs thru Jesse for the daily Pyzar but I've actually never changed springs (always switched the whole assembly to adj. coilovers in other cars). The struts have the standard nyloc nut on top and the top of the piston is just flat on one side so no allen key hole or anything much to grab onto.

Looking online there is 50/50 advice of using impact tools, but i don't know how else to do it. I've never used an impact before but I'm considering getting a cheap 12V impact wrench (like a Rockwell from Super Cheap) and hitting the nuts with that to undo them. Then doing them up i guess put the strut back in and give them a couple of quick hits and hope nothing breaks :P

anyone got any more sage advice to share on that? Pyzar's aint exactly common so i'd prefer not to be snapping the piston tops and needing to source new ones from a wrecker :P

Comment

• I've used impact tools to undo my struts since forever.

If the piston spins when you're trying to undo it, put the car on the ground and loosen the nuts with weight on the suspension. That usually works for me.
                  Originally posted by TRaNz
                  We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• If it's flat on one side you can use vice grips to hold onto the "piston" as you've called it while you undo the nut with a ring spanner. Otherwise a rattle gun / impact gun will work every time. But be careful because the whole assembly will be under tension from the tall standard springs, so when you undo the nut all the way the spring might fly out and take your head off. The safest way is to use a pair of spring compressors to take the tension out of the springs, so you can undo everything safely. Depending on the length of the lowered springs you might need the compressors again to install them. There's probably videos on YouTube if you have a quick search.

Otherwise just lie the strut down and point the top of it away from anything valuble when you undo them (do this at your own risk).

Comment

• Here ya go...

edit: Y U NO EMBED?!
                      Last edited by anth; 03-25-2013, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated all. I do have some compressors I bought years ago do will be sure to put those on first, should've mentioned that.
                        Also glad you knew what I meant by piston, didn't know what to refer to the shaft as haha

Comment

• Anyone recommend someone for headlight restoration?

Comment

• 1st world problems. Forgetting your aired out and drive straight off the lip in the drive way.
                            Dora the explorer 1, concrete driveway -3mm in two lines.
                            Got a few looks from the bus stop one house down
                            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by nej View Post
                              Anyone recommend someone for headlight restoration?
                              Plastic lenses? Sand paper, plastic polish, UV sealant.

Or some avocado skin according to mcm.
                              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                                Lol at the fool who drove that far without checking his stud pattern... what a waste of time...
                                Tell me about it. The listing had plenty of info, including me saying I can help with info regarding if they will fit.
                                Thought I was going to have coin over the w.e, nope!

Comment

Working...
                                X