X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what they cost though

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
      I wonder if you could make those pins. All you'd need is to make a little jig that's the same shape as the original, and then bend some metal around it.
      Yep, would be simple. Except when you bend metal you need to bend it past your desired relaxed point. The jig idea just needs to bend up the wire then throw them [jig with wire still wrapped] into a furnace to heat treat the metal to take the stress out of the grain so it relaxes in shape. Now this is getting OT

Edit - Anyone able to get me measurements of a pin and cap??
      Last edited by jazig.k; 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM.
      My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Unless you used a little blowtorch to heat the metal while you shaped it around the jig?

Comment

• Yeah, that would work too. Different materials use different temps, but use a chart like this and you can get away with a blowtorch

Last off topic post. Happy to PM about it.
          My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Work Meister SP3
            Tyres are 2x 235/40 and 2x 245/45
            5x114.3
            19x9.5+15 and 19x10.5+24
            $3000 OR NEAR OFFER!!
            Located in Sydney

Can ship nationwide. Willing to swap for 19s or 20s with cash my way.

Sarah6

SarahG5

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
              I just sold some 4x108 BBS RS, but in 15's.....what are you looking for....size/style?
              15-17" BBS Style wheels ideally but would consider others to fit a saab 9000.
              4x108 35ET preferably anyone??

Comment

• Originally posted by 9000 View Post
                15-17" BBS Style wheels ideally but would consider others to fit a saab 9000.
                4x108 35ET preferably anyone??
                here you go: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...cks-99438.html

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
                  Found it, replacements were made by G23 engineering. I reckon they look sweet and could be polished

http://forum.wheel-whores.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32778

Came across this on Facebook today. Looks like they're producing replacements.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
                    Came across this on Facebook today. Looks like they're producing replacements.

They look really nice but maybe it's just me but something about them seems off.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• The font looks a bit off(from memory) and the letters are more raised and 3D on the originals....those look a little flat so would be hard to replicate the factory finish when painted. However, they look like a great option for those missing all their caps, but not so much as a replacement if you lose 1 or 2. Custom logo's or even just plain may be an option too with those.

Comment

• Fonts are different. Original "Modena" isn't in italics and the "by autostrada" part is narrower and thinner.

Example of one of my genuines:

I would still rock g23 ones though. I like the finish of them. Sure they aren't an exact replica but it's cool that you can buy something as a replacement.

Comment

• I'd rather them different. Trying to replace the original text would be like bb5 trying to copy Bbs.
                          Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                            I'd rather them different. Trying to replace the original text would be like bb5 trying to copy Bbs.

"Trying" stop being elitist *****. Spending too much time with Mike.

Comment

• Lol. You will see what I'm thinking soon...
                              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• wtb: hamann pg-1 faces or anything to suit O.Z. Racing hardware thanks!
                                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nguyenjemz/

Comment

Working...
                                X