No announcement yet.

Post Your Ride: Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart move homie. Should be sick. Specs?

Comment

• ESM 002

16x7.5
      offset: 20
      lip size: 1.5"

OR

ESM 012

17x7.5
      offset:20
      Lip size:1.5"

with mandatory stretch as well.
      undecided what to get.
      IG: wade_rees_
      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Mandatory stretch? :/ You're not going to pull off any stretch with a 7.5" rim sorry to say.

Comment

• hmmm, could of sworn its been said and done.

oh well, no stretch for me.
          BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• I'm curious, anyone run wheels with a high offset like +35?

Beetle's are a lot different to the other cars on here. It seems +35 will give me perfect fitment, lip will poke a couple of millimeters, but that's what it is all about!

Has anyone actually achieved a stretched tire on a 17x7.5 or a 17x8?

Also, what's the bolt pattern of some really nice looking rims? I'm a fan of the Rotiform Nue's, but then I can get custom bolt patterns and what not... What is the best bolt pattern for being able to just swap and change whenever I like with some BBS or whatever?
            IG: @sebastienaudeon
            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
            *pats Sebs head*
            there there.
            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• 5x114.3 would probably have to be one of the most common/easy to get pattern in aus, with any decent offsets, theyre on fords, mazdas, nissans, etc.

5x120 will give you commodore and holden spec stuff, but most of its high offsets and chrome

it depends how much stretch you want, www.tyrestretch.com is worth a look

Comment

• Originally posted by Spados. View Post
                hmmm, could of sworn its been said and done.

oh well, no stretch for me.
                yeah it can be stretched. but on a car like yours I wouldnt be running anything skinnier then a 195, will look stupid from behind.
                why do you need stretch on skinny wheels? from memory those specs you posted will sit pretty standard on a e36...?
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                  I'm curious, anyone run wheels with a high offset like +35?

Beetle's are a lot different to the other cars on here. It seems +35 will give me perfect fitment, lip will poke a couple of millimeters, but that's what it is all about!

Has anyone actually achieved a stretched tire on a 17x7.5 or a 17x8?

Also, what's the bolt pattern of some really nice looking rims? I'm a fan of the Rotiform Nue's, but then I can get custom bolt patterns and what not... What is the best bolt pattern for being able to just swap and change whenever I like with some BBS or whatever?
                  7et35-38 is a pretty standard fitment for VW mk3-mk4s
                  most guys run 8et35 on stock height cars, and thats all legal (no poking etc)

as above, 5x114.3 seems to have the most choice when it comes to looking for wheels.
                  (i find anyway)

the stu on here did 165/40s on a 17x7.5 a while back im pretty sure, but it was a bit mean for daily driving...
                  Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• My sump Skidplate arrived during the week, now just waiting on the big ticket items to get here so that i can make good use of the skidplate

Originally posted by Spados. View Post
                    ESM 002

16x7.5
                    offset: 20
                    lip size: 1.5"

OR

ESM 012

17x7.5
                    offset:20
                    Lip size:1.5"

with mandatory stretch as well.
                    undecided what to get.
                    ESM no better than xxr or sportmax imo, or am i just being an ass.... probably just being an ass
                    Originally posted by TRaNz
                    omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• yeah your right on that part. i planned on spacing aswell. when talking stretch i didnt mean to that extent ^^^^ haha. when your young and stupid like me i dont have a care in the world about ride stiffness. probably bump up the size to 17x8.5
                      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                        My sump Skidplate arrived during the week, now just waiting on the big ticket items to get here so that i can make good use of the skidplate

ESM no better than xxr or sportmax imo, or am i just being an ass.... probably just being an ass
                        ha, im going for ESM cause i cant afford the real deal. its hard being an apprentice.
                        BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• That extra inch in width will make all the difference because as it's been said, if you do an aggressive stretch on an already small width wheel it's gonna look whack from behind. At least with an 8.5 you can run a 195 or 205 and get a decent stretch without looking dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spados. View Post
                            ha, im going for ESM cause i cant afford the real deal. its hard being an apprentice.
                            how much are the esms gonna set you back? sure theyre played out, but save a few $$ extra and go style 5s, or keep an eye out for some cheap rs.

im selling a set of my xxr's to a mate for drifting, once theyre gone ill be down to 1 set of fakes per car, feels good.

one set of fakes on the e21, ill sell once i get new wheels sorted(waiting on "stuff" before i can choose whee sizes)

other set are the e36 18s, which ill keep for now, coz they seem to be an impossible to find fake :p

Comment

• Better yet man, go and check out what the dudes post in the YJ thread. You'll snap up an absolute killer of a bargain in there most of the time.

Comment

• i did have a quick look on that thread aswell as import monster. dunno if that sites any good though. im trying to keep the 90's look to the car.
                                BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X