• Show
Clear All

• Can't bring the front down evenly?
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• The front has custom coilovers in it and is sitting at it's highest(got about 30mm + lower it can go) so it's nice and comfy with full travel. It's sitting pretty well perfectly and only just scrubs on some corners.....but I've got some camber tops to go in which will raise it 10mm or so, so I'll have to wind it down off the highest point to get it back down to where it is now, but I need to devise a way to get the rear down a tiny bit.

Comment

• Ah okay, that's pretty sweet.

What's the rear setup like?
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

• Just reset leaf springs and some shortened heavy duty shocks. Bump stops are chopped in half so there's a bit of clearance and doesn't hit them. It's actually pretty comfy all round for a 45 year old car with a pretty basic set up that's about 4-5in lower than stock. As much as I **** lowering blocks because they're dodgy(mostly when 2in or 3in+ though), I'm thinking I might get some custom machined 10mm ones made up to get it that little bit lower. I can't really think of any other way.

Comment

• Yeah, I figured it'd just be leaf rear but didn't want to be wrong!

10mm lowering blocks seem legit. I've got 20mm engine spacers to put in Lucy at some point. Have to get the oil pan up off the ground. But engine going up means I'm definitely going to need to notch the subframe.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

• I like the rake, looks agressive. If you lower the rear to get it more even from sills-to-ground, it'll look like you have reverse rake from guard-to-tyre.

Comment

• True, but it should still have a little rake with only 10mm. It's not so much about evening it out, it's more about wanting the guard to sit on top of a 14in wheel. With camber tops and some negative dialed in, I can always wind the front down a little more too to get a little rake back....I do hear where you're coming from though Anth.

Comment

• i got 3" blocks in my bravo . and no bumpstops

Comment

• Half asleep at 7am rolling into the cars and coffee meet that was on over the past weekend. Added the front lip a few days before the meet. I've been driving at this height lately, front lip hits the road on bumps, but its refreshing to drive low after riding all up for the first few weeks of air ride.

Comment

• Took the old girl out of storage. Washed it. Went for a drive, had a quick run with a new HSV GTS and locked the car up again for another few months. I really want to put some different wheels on it but I just can't decide what to do....

Comment

• Nice colour!!!

Comment

• You should drive it more!
                          We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

• jesus.

how does one lock cars like that away when they run and look & drive like that thing?!
                            Like a glove

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                              Nice colour!!!
                              It's an MG colour would you believe. It's called Trophy Blue or Cool Blue.

Originally posted by foffa View Post
                              You should drive it more!
                              Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                              jesus.

how does one lock cars like that away when they run and look & drive like that thing?!
                              I would love to drive it more but it has no heating/air con of any kind and it's got a fairly aggressively tuned built 3.6L air cooled motor in it so if you get stuck in traffic it can get very nerve wracking watching that temp gauge! Plus it's stupid loud and I have not had the best of luck with cars and defects. I also feel, rather unfortunately, that the value of these things just keeps going up so I don't want some idiot crashing into it.

But on the right road on the right day it's just unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by unusual View Post
                                I would love to drive it more but it has no heating/air con of any kind and it's got a fairly aggressively tuned built 3.6L air cooled motor in it so if you get stuck in traffic it can get very nerve wracking watching that temp gauge! Plus it's stupid loud and I have not had the best of luck with cars and defects. I also feel, rather unfortunately, that the value of these things just keeps going up so I don't want some idiot crashing into it.

But on the right road on the right day it's just unreal.
                                Sounds exactly like my old 808 wagon. No heat/A-C, agressive track built, carby fed bridegport 13B, and very very rowdy!!! I can get where you're coming from with the traffic thing and temps, but just choose your days and where you go.....it needs to be driven more, it's beautiful! The value of everything old is going up, maybe not as quickly as something like that, but that shouldn't discourage you from enjoying it!

Comment

Working...
                                X