No announcement yet.

Post Your Ride: Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the specs on the wheels on Cruze man?

looks great! a little more low and width and you're set. just chuck on some 15mm spacers or similar. I think even with some illegal stuff like spacers or a slammed ride height cops won't bat an eyelid. It's still a new car and not at all a platform which is modified by "hoons". So I think you'll be right. More modern cars can get away with a lot more with the police...sad, but true.

Comment

• ^^^^^truth
      I get away with a lot in my camry. and i quote;
      "i wont make you get a road worthy cause this is a new car and i doubt there would be anything wrong with it. Just sell your wheels and get legal wheels and fix your ride height"
      "no worries boss! Already have a buyer in mind! Ill get it fixed asap thanks for letting me know"

Comment

• Sounds like I need a new car
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• 100%

If you had super aggressive fitment like oxer's CCW on his Civic - obviously you'll get dicked. again, and again.

If you had the same fitment on say... a new Audi A4, 2011 3 Series BM, 370z etc cops wouldn't rape you anywhere near as much.

Obviously super crazy shit like Ox's CCW setup will always get attention, but slammage and decent fitment on anything newer will usually go under the radar. One of the reasons I got the EP3R. Looks like a family civic, newish, not such a cop magnet, but will be balls out sex when fitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRVSLW View Post
            100%

If you had super aggressive fitment like oxer's CCW on his Civic - obviously you'll get dicked. again, and again.

If you had the same fitment on say... a new Audi A4, 2011 3 Series BM, 370z etc cops wouldn't rape you anywhere near as much.

Obviously super crazy shit like Ox's CCW setup will always get attention, but slammage and decent fitment on anything newer will usually go under the radar. One of the reasons I got the EP3R. Looks like a family civic, newish, not such a cop magnet, but will be balls out sex when fitted.
            Never got picked on in the ventlow...even with 165/40 on 7.5's...
            [QUOTE=Oxer;1593769]I Love VW's[/QUOTE]

Comment

• because cops have no idea what it is lol.

It's one of those things dude, cops see skyline/s chassis/commodore etc. and they nail them. your car whilst slammed most of the time just looked like a cruiser with white wheels. you couldn't notice the stretch THAT much while it was rolling. Cops pick you up for the obvious stuff first then fuck you for the not so obvious stuff.

If your car isn't loud, has all brake lights working, no crazy HID's, then you can get around pretty stealthly. My accord got me around 30,000kms in a year when it was decked. Just had standard lighting and no aftermarket exhaust = no obvious shit unless you looked closer stealth ftw.

Comment

• Undercover ftw. spent enuff on epa notices and defecs to last a lifetime with my 32 and the exterior was stock
                - = [ M . I . A | c r e w ] = -
                Originally posted by TRaNz
                Its not bags, its a tank for the car that keeps the inside car cabin pressurized and uv rays down to a minimum so that colins skin doesnt react with the outside uv rays. The tank is conected to a powercore with a special generator separate to the cars system. As so im told, it uses a nuclear substance which has been supplied by Moh. The complex design was created for people with special skin conditions like colin. Id say its a good investment for colin.

Comment

• cops pick on you less in the country

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                    cops pick on you less in the country
                    This.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• cops love me.....one territory rocked up to the lights next to me, they looked over of course.....had my windows down....music at an audible volume =]
                      wat was playin? Britney Spears - Hold it against me....was part of the club mix and it happened to be on at THAT time for them to LOL.
                      My reaction.....bobbin my head with minimal hand/arm movements to the song....i think its called dancing?? ROFL
                      S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

• jason, i hope i can be as cool as you when i grow up.

Comment

• Hi All, I just joined, here's my last MINI

Comment

• Originally posted by INVSBL View Post
                            jason, i hope i can be as cool as you when i grow up.
                            you can, just a bit more wubwubwubwubunceunceunceunce and you'll be right mang.
                            S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

• Originally posted by DRVSLW View Post
                              what are the specs on the wheels on Cruze man?

looks great! a little more low and width and you're set. just chuck on some 15mm spacers or similar. I think even with some illegal stuff like spacers or a slammed ride height cops won't bat an eyelid. It's still a new car and not at all a platform which is modified by "hoons". So I think you'll be right. More modern cars can get away with a lot more with the police...sad, but true.
                              Hey mate, the specs on the the wheels are as follows:
                              Vertini Magic's 19x8.5 ET42 wrapped in Forceum Hexas 245/35/R19

Not so concerned about police attention on spacers but more so from an insurance point of reasoning. If it ain't legal, then if anything happens that is your fault, then it could may well lead to the rejection of an insurance claim especially at the hands of insurance companies these days who are looking for anything to deny or reject claims just to save themselves $$$. However, in saying this, I've been lead to believe that true 'bolt on' spacers with spigot rings may be the only legal alternative? Not sure, Anyone with some experience or facts care to chime in? Would be great to know.

I see what you mean about the 'new car and not at all a platform modified by hoons' perception and to some extent I do agree especially from what we all 'car enthusiasts' would have experienced by now. A while back when I had a VW Polo Gti, my BOV went off at the lights and the undercover cop behind me must've immediately thought it was the WRX driver next to me so pulled the poor guy over. Needless to say the WRX driver was surprised and annoyed by the looks on his face when I drove past. Touch wood, but so far I haven't once been pulled over in my Skoda RS. The VW boys mod their cars to quite some extent too and I suppose because those cars are quite "new" and therefore don't fall in to the "hoon" category from a stereotypical standpoint the majority haven't had any problems despite some having some very questionable "poke" and extreme wheel fitment sizes.

I guess at the end of the day, if you drive relatively sensibly in front of the authorities and don't go pulling burnouts or performing questionable actsand of course with relavence to this discussion, "not driving stereotypical hoon cars", then yeah it would generally be some happy motoring on the streets of busy Prinny Hwy
                              Last edited by Cruizin; 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRaNz View Post
                                cops love me.....one territory rocked up to the lights next to me, they looked over of course.....had my windows down....music at an audible volume =]
                                wat was playin? Britney Spears - Hold it against me....was part of the club mix and it happened to be on at THAT time for them to LOL.
                                My reaction.....bobbin my head with minimal hand/arm movements to the song....i think its called dancing?? ROFL
                                Now that's a good one. Can we say that may well be a positive encounter then?

Comment

Working...
                                X