And another E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Byron View Post
    Whats up dude. We seem to be having an influx of e30's recently. It's great!

M30 swap! Instantly gain 1.5" of pan clearance, lol.
    No way... M30 pans hang down to an unreasonable extent. Its a bigger motor, how can it sit higher in the bay of an e30?

Comment

I don't know, but it does. I have both to compare so I should know .

M30 pan is higher than both the rack and the subframe when put into an e30.

Comment

Howdy thar, I'm about an hour east of Mechanicsville in Irvington (on the Northern Neck)
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
          I don't know, but it does. I have both to compare so I should know .

M30 pan is higher than both the rack and the subframe when put into an e30.
          Yeah, kinda makes me wanna go m30, but im not convinced. 24v just sounds so easy cheap and appealing

Flickr

Comment

nice man...very clean
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Yeah, kinda makes me wanna go m30, but im not convinced. 24v just sounds so easy cheap and appealing
              Ya, I'm kinda torn. I'm not making compression in Cyl#4, so I'm debating just replacing stock M20 block, swapping an M30, or saving up a bit and swapping an M50. We'll see.

Comment

M30's are way cheaper to buy in the first place and just about as easy to put in as an m50. Mounts are readily available and no modifications to the car are needed for a b35. Plus they make more power .

But back to the car this thread is about, lol.

How far down are your front coils? I'm contemplating getting camber plates just for the extra shock travel.

Comment

i actually might be going s52

/derail thread

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X