Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpg2713 View Post
    It's me.

Any more progress with the air setup? I think I've decided on parts, just saving up the cash right now.
    Nope. I'm at the same stage. I think I know what parts to get, but I don't have the money.

It's a work in progress^
    Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
    Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this because I'm super torn on it. I have a sheet of gloss black film big enough for the roof of my car...Should I do it? Like I said, I'm just torn on whether or not it's worth it to actually go through the hassle of doing it.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

If you want to.

Simple mods like this can be easily done, and undone.

Plus, your car has lots of black trim on it, and I think it will compliment it.

What kind of transmission does this car have? A cvt?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          If you want to.

Simple mods like this can be easily done, and undone.

Plus, your car has lots of black trim on it, and I think it will compliment it.

What kind of transmission does this car have? A cvt?
          That's kind of what I was thinking. I have this week off so I have the time. Just gotta find someone to help. haha

And it has an auto 5-speed with tiptronic paddles on the steering wheel. (The tiptronic is miserable though.) The four cylinders had a 5-speed manual option.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Oh cool, in your videos it sounded like one of those crappy cvt's(I didn't hear it shift hahaha no offense).

Shiftronic/tiptronic is usually crappy in automatic cars. It has a delay and it only really seems to be there for you to keep the RPM's up during deceleration. Have you looked into a shifter kit? I've been in an auto tt supra with one, and the shifts are super crisp.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Oh cool, in your videos it sounded like one of those crappy cvt's(I didn't hear it shift hahaha no offense).

Shiftronic/tiptronic is usually crappy in automatic cars. It has a delay and it only really seems to be there for you to keep the RPM's up during deceleration. Have you looked into a shifter kit? I've been in an auto tt supra with one, and the shifts are super crisp.
              Ha, that's odd. I just watched the videos again, and it did sound like it never shifted. haha Guess it was because I was on hills each time I accelerated. My neighbor has a Nissan Versa with a CVT. They're weird. lol

I've never heard of shifter kit. What exactly does it do?

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                There's a member here with a 9-5 wagon that's on cut springs right now. I think he's three in front and and two in the back. It's closed the gap a bit.
                Trust me I have done everything the hard way.. be patient and do it right once. You don't wanna learn the hard way on a car like that. Decide if its really worth it to you then make a plan and stick to it.
                Originally posted by JC.
                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                  Ha, that's odd. I just watched the videos again, and it did sound like it never shifted. haha Guess it was because I was on hills each time I accelerated. My neighbor has a Nissan Versa with a CVT. They're weird. lol

I've never heard of shifter kit. What exactly does it do?
                  I don't believe they make one for the 9-5. Normally involves changing a couple components within the trans to get crisper, higher rpm shifts from an automatic. Honestly, the auto in those 9-5 is geared pretty decently, I'd just enjoy it as is.

Also, I say do the black vinyl!
                  '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
                  '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

Decided on Thursday that I was tired of the Aero front lip sitting in my basement doing nothing, and I didn't want to worry about having paint matched for it right now, so I had a though "The car's theme is black and white, so why not paint it black?" So I did.

Before:

Untitled by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

After:

And I was like:

But when I put it on I was like:

I LOVE the black. It shows up a lot more in person than it does in pictures, and compliments the trim line very nicely. Thinking I'll do the side skirts in the same satin black and get try to get them mounted before WBTB.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

I too have an "obscure" like for saab's if thats okay to say... In for more i like what you're doing with the car

Comment

Originally posted by MrViicc View Post
                        I too have an "obscure" like for saab's if thats okay to say... In for more i like what you're doing with the car
                        Thanks!

Here's a pic I got of it at cars and coffee yesterday.

IMG_8435 by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Looks super oem+. Now get low and some wide ass wheels

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Looks super oem+. Now get low and some wide ass wheels
                            Thanks man. I'm working on getting the money to put this thing on the ground.

And because I'm a picture whore, here are a couple I took tonight:

IMG_8503 by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

IMG_8489 by threeliterturbo, on Flickr

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Good work with the lip mate, looks perfect with the black door moulds. How's the air ride set up coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by easty View Post
                                Good work with the lip mate, looks perfect with the black door moulds. How's the air ride set up coming along?
                                I think I have it all figured out as to how I'll do it and what parts I'll be using. Probably going to save some cash and a just do analog management instead of digital for now. Still waiting to get the boat mentioned above to get sold so I can order some big parts, but I am buying what I can right now. I'm picking up a tank from a member on here that's local to me in two weeks, and I might get started on designing the false floor for the trunk to hide all the management.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Working...
                                X