Something Swedish that isn't a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpg2713 View Post
    Yeah Buddy!!! I was thinking spare tire well myself. Glad to see you are under way
    The main reason I'm thinking about a false floor is that I have some leftover wood laminate from an addition I did on my parents house and I'd **** so see it go to waste. Haha.
    Originally posted by baggedb16sentra View Post
    im in the same boat, not sure what to do either i know i still wanna have access to my spare.. looks good for the tank! what compressor are you going with?
    Access to my spare is important to me too. If I did a false floor it would be hinged so I could get to mine.

As for compressors, not sure yet what brand or size. I do know I'll be getting two of them. What would you guys reccomend?

It's a work in progress^
    Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
    Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

viair is a good brand. im going to be using 2 444c compressors, but that would be up to you.

With best-in-class design and performance, VIAIR compressors lead the market in quality, reliability, and convenience.
      08 Sentra slow build

Comment

viair is a good brand. im going to be using 2 444c compressors, but that would be up to you.

http://www.viaircorp.com/dual444C.html
        I was planning the same.
        '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
        '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

Yeah, I was seeing the 444c Viair ones online sold as a pair. I'll probably end up going that route as well.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Okay, So I was cleaning all the crap out of my trunk today and decided on a setup. I'll let my ramblings in this video explain it:

(Although where I'll drill for the lines will be a quite a bit lower...If I went through where I pointed in the video I'm pretty sure I'd hit the gas tank...haha)

Also, tank placement passed the ultimate test today:

haha

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Went out to Target on Monday to pick up some pick up some cheap lens filters for my 50mm prime. Got there and all they had was was larger diameter filters with adapter rings. I thought, "Fuck it, I have good filters for my larger diameter lens, I'll just order an adapter online instead." and I left. Got back in the Saab and drove back to my dorm building. When I got there, as I walked past my rear tire I could hear a hissing noise. Looked down at this:

And my spare was flat. So I borrowed my brothers car (he goes to the same university) to go get it aired up.

Pulled the tire off and found this:

So now I'm sitting totally hellaflush:

Unfortunately I have to go back to my stock wheels this weekend. The tires on these wheels were pretty bad to begin with, so I can't justify plugging it, new tires are just a bit too much for me to buy right now. (Unless I find a super cheap used set of 235/45/17 tires that are in good condition. lol)

It's a work in progress^

Comment

that bob saget lol, bummer about the wheel. Cant wait to see this bagged i'm starting over for myself, this would make a good sleeper IMO
                08 Sentra slow build

Comment

hey man, watched the video looks good. Do you worry about the compressors being there not saying anything can happen just what I thought came to my head. Also are you doing a drain plug?
                  08 Sentra slow build

Comment

hey man, watched the video looks good. Do you worry about the compressors being there not saying anything can happen just what I thought came to my head. Also are you doing a drain plug?
                    Because they'd be so close to the bumper? Like if I got rear-ended or something? Let's just say I hope that doesn't happen... haha I'm not super concerned about it. And the more I read on your thread, the more I'm leaning toward just getting one of those machined aluminum manifolds to clean up the plumbing.

Also, what do you guys think about getting coilovers to use as the base for the bags? They don't cost much more than Konis and I could get them soon and go ahead and put them on and be low while I save up for the rest of the air setup.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Just watched the video. I wouldn't run four bag lines off the tank to the valve manifold - it's a lot of line and a lot of fittings to route in a small space, plus one line coming off the top of the tank might look goofy.

Instead, I'd run a big monster line or a pair down to feed your valve manifold, run off one or two of the back ports on the tank, so you won't see 'em. Save that top port for an air line quick connect or for a pressure gauge.

Similarly, I'd probably tee the compressor leaders together into a single line and run that to a single port on the tank. That single line will also be a good place to mount your pressure gauge and safety valve.

Comment

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                        Because they'd be so close to the bumper? Like if I got rear-ended or something? Let's just say I hope that doesn't happen... haha I'm not super concerned about it. And the more I read on your thread, the more I'm leaning toward just getting one of those machined aluminum manifolds to clean up the plumbing.

Also, what do you guys think about getting coilovers to use as the base for the bags? They don't cost much more than Konis and I could get them soon and go ahead and put them on and be low while I save up for the rest of the air setup.
                        I guess it would be your choice if you want coils as your base, I know for my setup im using a strut for me. looks promising that's for sure.
                        08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Sucks about the tire. You can get a plug for it though for super cheap. I've run em before and with the tires being nearly worn out I wouldn't sweat it anymore than you already were.

Koni's are on sale pretty cheap right now Honestly, if I were to do it over, I'd find a shorter stroke front shock to use. I've got about 3" of travel left on my hacked up springs.
                          '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
                          '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

Ever since I bought my car I've wanted to go to the massive Saab meet at the Carlisle Import Nationals in Carlisle Pennsylvania on May 16-18. Until this year, I was always in school and couldn't go. So this year I registered and was stoked to get to go. Then I found out I had to take summer classes....but by scheduling carefully, I made it so I could go and not miss any class.

So had it all planned out. I'd take this weekend to get it all cleaned up and do some nice last minute mods to get it ready for the big weekend at Carlisle.

But last week, my temperamental Swede gave me a solid "Fuck you, you're not going anywhere."
                            image by Three Liter Turbo Photography, on Flickr

All signs pointed to the Thermostat which, on this car, basically had me like this:

I thought about giving up hope of driving it to Carlisle and slapping some Saab badges on my brother's Chevy Malibu. The other options were pay a shop over $300 to fix it, or go at it myself and hope I didn't screw anything up.....

Then I was told my new intake gaskets won't be here until Tuesday....

So it's only halfway reassembled now. But I can say, it WILL be done by Thursday, and I will be driving it to Pennsylvania.

It's a work in progress^

Comment

Love the enthusiasm!

Wish I could make the trip myself, but we have a stupid Open House at work and my boss already has the freakin' weekend off.
                              '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
                              '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

Damn, I didnt realize carlisle was so soon...
                                Originally posted by JC.
                                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X