X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replys.

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
    I was actually talking more about the color scheme. Not sure what you what you want to set it apart from.Just what you've done with with the bodywork sets it apart ALOT(in a good way. looks awsome). some weird colored wheels like purple, turquois, neon green, etc would be a step toward more blending in. see too much of that nowadays. an alfa with bodywork like that needs classic plain colors to keep its identity. on a last note i'd personally go with SJCs
    After a lot of deliberation, I've chosen the CCW's due to the rounded curves within the face as the Spider is full of them. Since they're not exactly the most unique rim choice, it's the only one that I feel drawn to for all aspects of flow at the moment. The examples I've seen are mostly all polished with the exception of a dark silver or black face and I don't want to rock that look. Either way, It'll take some playing around to decide to final look. Thanks for your input.

street

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
    I would really like to see the wheels all bright silver with a bright silver lip and chrome hardware. Would look awesome on CCWs, and you don't see people rocking sick silver lips. You definitely need to accent the features of the wheels.

Or to go with the classic car look, you could paint the centers black and sand/brush/polish the faces and lips

I'm curious, why the spacer in back after doing all the number crunching?
    When you say "all bright silver with a bright silver lip ...", are you talking paint, chrome or polish? 'Cause all I see are chrome and polished lips. Which are fine. I just don't know if that's the hardest hit.

As for the spacer, well, the lowest any company can do on a 9.5 inch rim is -12ET. If I don't run a spacer, I'll end up too far inside. And I can't run any wider of a wheel to get a lower ET.

street
    Last edited by street; 02-10-2011, 12:25 AM.
    form - function - stance

Comment

• Face Value.

I would really like to see the wheels all bright silver with a bright silver lip and chrome hardware. Would look awesome on CCWs, and you don't see people rocking sick silver lips. You definitely need to accent the features of the wheels..
      Powder coat a bright silver like this? If that means the entire rim (lip and face), then I'd be open to the concept.

street
      form - function - stance

Comment

• Awaiting Transit.

My slot at the paint shop has arrived and I dropped her off today for the testing stage spray. Should be outta there in a couple weeks.

While I was waiting for the flatbed, I moved her to a smaller unit with better lighting and worked with smaller spacers up front for the upcoming Classics. Clearances for turning had to be adjusted to a slightly higher offset. Final numbers are: fronts - 18x9 (et 0). Rears - 18x9.5 (et-12).

street
        Last edited by street; 02-16-2011, 12:04 AM.
        form - function - stance

Comment

• Drooooooool...

I'm in Florence, Italy right now and keep imagining how all these other Alfas might look if you got your hands on them. It's a great game to play haha...

sigpic
          Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
          • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post
            When you say "all bright silver with a bright silver lip ...", are you talking paint, chrome or polish? 'Cause all I see are chrome and polished lips. Which are fine. I just don't know if that's the hardest hit.

As for the spacer, well, the lowest any company can do on a 9.5 inch rim is -12ET. If I don't run a spacer, I'll end up too far inside. And I can't run any wider of a wheel to get a lower ET.

street
            I'm talking paint when I say 'bright silver' - like the OEM silver color mixed with white. I don't think white wheels would suit the car, but all bright silver would definitely have the same kind of pop without being too loud.

Granted, polished lips are cool because they add depth to the wheel, but nobody ever tries painting them all silver. I don't know for sure because I haven't seen the wheels on the painted car yet, but in my head that would look completely awesome. Never seen deep step lips painted all silver before either. I guess the color would have to be deep and glossy, not matte.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by Puma View Post
              Drooooooool...

I'm in Florence, Italy right now and keep imagining how all these other Alfas might look if you got your hands on them. It's a great game to play haha...
              I've spent time in Milan a number of years ago. But didn't see too many Alfas there. Have fun.

street

I'm talking paint when I say 'bright silver' - like the OEM silver color mixed with white. I don't think white wheels would suit the car, but all bright silver would definitely have the same kind of pop without being too loud.

Granted, polished lips are cool because they add depth to the wheel, but nobody ever tries painting them all silver. I don't know for sure because I haven't seen the wheels on the painted car yet, but in my head that would look completely awesome. Never seen deep step lips painted all silver before either. I guess the color would have to be deep and glossy, not matte.
              Thanks Alec. You might have a valid point here and I entertain all concepts till I'm satisfied with the look. After a bit more playing around, I think I should be fine with a fully polished unit once I shopped and scaled it in against black. But who knows where this will go.

street
              form - function - stance

Comment

• Front CCW Classic Draft

Here's the latest draft of the CCW Classic on the front of the Spider. Everything is scaled, along with offset and lip proportions, which is still working very well for me. Even against the lines in black.

street
                Last edited by street; 02-17-2011, 11:04 PM.
                form - function - stance

Comment

• Paint Update.

Picked up the bumpers, rockers, diffuser and front splitter today from my paint shop. All pieces are super smooth and laid out in a deep gloss, midnight black. The body is going through it's final stages of blocking now and should be ready in about a week.

All these pieces were once just rough drafts on a screen and to now physically hold a dialed in a tweaked finished product, is quite satisfying.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Holy hell.. nice rear bumper!
                    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Omg <3 <3 <3
                      1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

• Replys.

Holy hell.. nice rear bumper!
                        Thanks Alec! The rear bumper and diffuser was one hell of a nightmare to get it to work with the full belly pan. Diffuser fins are being drafted up now and will be implemented into the final design to channel the air and thus reduce rear end lift.

street

Originally posted by NudeLobster View Post
                        Omg <3 <3 <3
                        Thanks NL!

street
                        form - function - stance

Comment

• Paint Update.

Forgot to include another shot of the Spider's basic black jump suit - the family portrait!!

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Very shiny. Almost looks like chrome.

Comment

• Fucking awesome build!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product with the CCW's

Comment

• UPDATES? Where are they?
                                Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Working...
                                X