Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by vironT7; 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Shot this a while back of a friends Em1 - lighting wasn't ideal and this was my first car shoot after almost a year "hiatus" from shooting cars - a black car was definitely not the smart choice to shoot first hah but I think it turned out ok

also caught this driving around downtown the other day.

Comment

• instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

• 2012 Fisker Karma by PreludeVTEC01, on Flickr

My Flickr Page

Comment

• Same wheels, different specs. by gleasygraphy, on Flickr
            Creme De La Creme Community
            CDLC.CO

Comment

• Morning all, a quick question if a may, I know this really isn't the place to ask this but I figured I'd give it a shot. I like take pictures, I'm not really good with all the aperture setting stuff and things like that but in this picture for example to me it looks very crisp, vivid color. Is this the camera or a tweak in photoshop or a program like that? If not what are the settings I can use to achieve this. My camera is a canon powershot G9. Again sorry for asking this here. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by donovan772 View Post
              sigpic

Comment

• there is no "one setting" to take pictures like this- if we tell you "iso 100 - f8 - 1/125" it wont mean you'll get pictures exactly like that. different light, different scenes, different factors will always vary for what you should set your camera to.

mostly for landscapes your going to want to set a higher f stop (low aperture) that way you get a lot of good detail/sharpness throughout the focal plane. not really sure about the powershots since I havent used those in years but you could just set the cameras settings to be a bit more contrasty or you can just edit that in lightroom/photoshop by playing with the color sliders to only affect certain colors like the blues in the sky to get them a bit darker or the greens for the grass to give it an extra pop.

also remember the higher f-stop and lower iso will probably mean a slower shutter speed (especially at night) so make sure you get a really good tripod and set the cameras self timer that way theres no camera shake from even clicking the shutter.

Comment

• IMG_4767 by Rob|C, on Flickr

Comment

• Weekend Racer by Adam Kennedy Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks for the info, hopefully I will have some good pictures to had to this forum.

Originally posted by Nazvil86 View Post
                      there is no "one setting" to take pictures like this- if we tell you "iso 100 - f8 - 1/125" it wont mean you'll get pictures exactly like that. different light, different scenes, different factors will always vary for what you should set your camera to.

mostly for landscapes your going to want to set a higher f stop (low aperture) that way you get a lot of good detail/sharpness throughout the focal plane. not really sure about the powershots since I havent used those in years but you could just set the cameras settings to be a bit more contrasty or you can just edit that in lightroom/photoshop by playing with the color sliders to only affect certain colors like the blues in the sky to get them a bit darker or the greens for the grass to give it an extra pop.

also remember the higher f-stop and lower iso will probably mean a slower shutter speed (especially at night) so make sure you get a really good tripod and set the cameras self timer that way theres no camera shake from even clicking the shutter.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Stroked - Cammed - Stalled

Comment

• I just went through my laptop and found some photos I never got round to editing:

Windsor Castle by Micheal Evans, on Flickr

RollHard Rendezvous by Micheal Evans, on Flickr

flickr
                          Facebook
                          Originally posted by driftsucky
                          If that car was at a bar, I'd buy it a drink and try to seduce it. Then, we I got it home, I'd cook breakfast for it in the morning. After it told me it's sob story of falling on hard times, I'd offer to lend it a few quid(c wut i did thar) for rent money. I'd probably buy it's daughter a few outfits for school as well. Eventually, I'd take it to a family pic of mine and introduce it to everyone. We'd date for a while until a nice G35 came around and enticed me with the leather seats and navigation that I would never even use anyway. I'd end up breaking that tegs heart and it would walk on me. THAT'S how much I love this car.

Comment

• Ken Block

Click the link...there's more!
                            sigpic

Comment

• VolksWorld Show
                              sigpic

Comment

• instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Working...
                                X