You Tell Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some constructive criticism:

Exposure seems ok through out all the pics but you need to work on your composition a bit (Im having trouble identifying what your want me, as a viewer, to be focusing on). Pick a focusing point/subject and frame around that.

Also need to work image sharpness a bit - if you're going to be using a long lens, remember that image shake (or whatever you call it) shows more on longer lens'. Your shutter speed usually needs to equal or greater than the length of your focal length to keep images sharp. For example, If Im going to be using a 200mm lens(hand held), I would use a shutter speed of 1/250th sec. just to reduce shake.

A tripod will help with image sharpness if you need to drag the shutter for more exposure.

I'm not trying to bash you - just giving a few suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by whacksmcgee View Post
      i think you literally need to take a few steps back with these shots. holy claustrophobic.
      work on your composition.

#1) it was a gtg not a shoot, not everyone keeps their car super clean all the time.

#2) its crooked, OOF, and uninteresting.

#3) talk about a dirty car, looks like puke on the front. its also crooked, and some steps need to be taken back

#4) the lighting is a bit harsh at a downward angle, creating harsh shadows. and it is biased on the front of the car.

btw, Pete's corrado is NOT a knock-off of Grant's. Grant bought his corrado not too long ago as it sits. Pete has worked hard on his car, and done all the work to get it how it looks now.

you also have a 70-200mm but you dont have a CP for it? the reflections on all the shots are bad, very distracting.

there's your non-sugarcoated CC
      I was actually kidding about his Rado, there is a joke between us that you don't know about which is fine. It was an ignorant comment by someone else, that inspired that. Please don't think that we think his Rado is a "fake", because it clearly isn't it is a great car.

On to your CC, Neil's car was actually just washed, that was just some water dripping down from under the bra, chill out. Not used to really seeing cars that dirty, so chill out about comments there. I would have thought that someone with a car that clean would keep it that way. Just my view no need to get on the offensive.

I didn't have a tripod with me (as I am assuming you saw, because you knew what lens I was using. Also like you said it was a GTG so find space to shoot in the lot that day was not easy. So I did what I could with out people getting in the shot, and without getting hit by cars. No I don't have a CP I spent just about all my money on the 70-200, and I would like to build up some funds before I go drop $70 on a filter.

And like you said it wasn't a shoot, I was just taking some pictures, and I wasn't really trying that hard on the shots, I just really wasn't sure what to think of that shots as a whole, now that I see they clearly weren't good enough for you. I think you should take things a little bit less seriously and chill out, before you begin jumping to conclusions about what we are saying.

That being said thanks for a few of the comments and I will work on it.

Originally posted by specR0 View Post
      Some constructive criticism:

Exposure seems ok through out all the pics but you need to work on your composition a bit (Im having trouble identifying what your want me, as a viewer, to be focusing on). Pick a focusing point/subject and frame around that.

Also need to work image sharpness a bit - if you're going to be using a long lens, remember that image shake (or whatever you call it) shows more on longer lens'. Your shutter speed usually needs to equal or greater than the length of your focal length to keep images sharp. For example, If Im going to be using a 200mm lens(hand held), I would use a shutter speed of 1/250th sec. just to reduce shake.

A tripod will help with image sharpness if you need to drag the shutter for more exposure.

I'm not trying to bash you - just giving a few suggestions.
      Thank you, yeah using that lens really wasn't the best choice, and I thought the shots looked straight through the view finder, but they weren't and I really didn't spend that much time editing them, and I really didn't think it would effect how people viewed the shots that much. It was getting a little dark and I was at f/4 and ISO 200, I probably should have bumped it up a bit, but I didn't feel it was necessary at the time. I thought the shots were pretty stable, as far as that shot of the RSX yeah that one was out of focus and that was my fault completely. Next time I will bring a tripod for sure, and use a different lens.

Thanks for your CC, I will definitely work on it. And bring a tripod next time.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Kinda off topic, but damn that RSX is HELLA SUNK!!!
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Oh it is, and he knows, but like we all know, wheels aint cheap haha.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

too much reading for me right now, but all i have to say is a circular polarizer would help.
            and i'm not the biggest fan of the composition of the shots. that said, i understang how much it sucks to take pictures in a show/gtg enviornment. hell, at shows i just take lazyman pictures for the most part

Comment

Yeah I mean I was trying to do what I could with what I had and the space I had. CP filter is on the first thing on the list, just have to wait another week is all..
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
              X