Daddy's Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy's Money

Not stanced, but worthy of pictures. My dad's e92 M3. LOVE this car.

How can I get better? Editing tips? Composition tips?
    -George
    flickr

Pics are nice, car needs less stockness

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
      That it does. My dad doesn't have the modding bug that I do though. It's leased too, so that doesn't help either haha. I'm going to do a real shitty photoshop of how I wish it looked.

Black grills, get rid of those side markers, dumped, and some rims. Got me a project tonight!
      -George
      flickr

Comment

What time of day did you shoot?
        What settings (Aperture, Shutter, ISO)?
        Flash or no flash?
        Auto Focus or Manual Focus?

Would be nice to know those before we say anything, Without those answers though, I can say that the focus is soft or out of focus. Your composition (car placement) is actually really nice. I like most of them. The only two I feel that you could have had better composition would be 1 and 5. For 1, you have two yellow things in the background, very distracting. I would like to see more CF roof fill up the negative space. For 5, the angle does nothing for the car and the best buy sign in the back is very distracting as it is the first thing you see.

Hmm, that is all I can think of. KEEP TRYING! Never stop trying. READ! I live on the canon forums and read all day about lighting and time of day and so forth. Always practice. This is a great start. I hope to see great things in the future.

Comment

There was a storm coming so I didn't have the luxury of waiting until the sun was lower, so the shots were all taken around 2/3 in the afternoon. ISO was 100 for all of them, and I flipped between auto and manual focus throughout the shoot. And no flash. Don't have any off-camera lighting.

The damn focus has always been soft, and I can't figure out how to change that. Auto is soft, and I must need glasses because I can't get it sharp manually. What looks good through the viewfinder, turns to shit once I get them on the computer.

And thanks for the tips on 1 and 5. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I'll look up the info for the shots...
          -George
          flickr

Comment

Don't forget about adjusting your aperture. That will also help you in getting sharper. Check your on camera display, and zoom in on the edges to see how sharp it is. I always find I can dial in my sharpness after doing that check.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Yes. I agree. Aperture can make or break or photo. What gear are you using? That will also help us help you.

Comment

Just the fact that you got to drive it to the locations you shot, I am envious of dude. Btw, did you take that national geographic photog book I lent you home? It's got tons of tips and what not. It can be put to far better use in your hands because you know I don't have a DSLR. 6 is my favorite. How do you like shooting a black car instead of the e46?

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Ok so shutter speed for all seven is between 1/250 and 1/500, but I can't decipher what the aperture is. I don't have light room, but I do have cs4.

I've got a canon rebel XT, and three different lenses: a 28-135, 18-55, and 10-22 wide andgle
                  -George
                  flickr

Comment

for cars i would use the 10-22 (such a good lens). Also, are you shooting on AV/TV/M/ or P?

Comment

Mostly P, but I use av when I want to mess with the aperture (and tv for night shots). I don't know enough about the camera to use full manual yet, even though I've been using this thing for over a year haha
                      -George
                      flickr

Comment

quick and dirty shoop. man, this car...

-George
                        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
                          This x 100!

Comment

Originally posted by NYNCTC View Post
                            for cars i would use the 10-22 (such a good lens). Also, are you shooting on AV/TV/M/ or P?
                            That's kind of broad, don't you think? I use all of the lenses he listed for shooting cars (except the kit lens), they each do great in different ways.
                            Jason
                            flickr
                            build thread

Comment

That shop looks killer! New M3's would look soooo good dumped!

Comment

Working...
                              X