X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying my hand at video making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EvuXI8Dc5c

Any pointers or comments are welcomed!
    Last edited by TransAmPlaya7; 12-08-2014, 05:20 PM.
    Youtube- Transamplaya7
    Instag/Twitter- @AngelloCollins

Some thoughts:

1. The shot where you're pulling back from the car (0:24) looks fantastic - easily the best of the video, but I think it goes on much too long.
    2. I always like rolling shots. 0:56 is nice, but I might have liked to hear the sound of the car as it fired up and pulled away. At least if it sounds nice. If it sounds like a weedwhacker, maybe not.
    3. I would have loved for 1:12 to be closer to the car. As it stands, you can't see much detail.
    4. I love the dynamism of the headlamps and fogs coming on in 1:19, but the camera position and 90º angle is getting in the way. I might have sat in the back of the Yukon or whatever your shooting out of with the hatch open so that it's not in the way.
    5. Black is hard to shoot, especially at night. I'm not sure the parking garage location did the car justice, since the lights in the garage reflected so harshly off the paint. As such, in most shots, it's hard to tell what the car looks like.

I think a lot of my comments above just boil down to practice. It's certainly a damn sight better than the first car video I ever put together.

Comment

It's pretty good. I would have kept the other vehicle out of the frame and cut it up more like he said^^^ and synced it up with the music. Which is easy to do with that song. Maybe thrown some simple effects in the mix. What program did you use?

Comment

Thanks guys, I used AVS video editor. But I used the paid version. I agree, The yukon being in the shot at the end could be pushed out. And the pull away shot way long now that I look at it lol

Thanks!
        Last edited by TransAmPlaya7; 12-08-2014, 05:22 PM.
        Youtube- Transamplaya7
        Instag/Twitter- @AngelloCollins

Comment

Working...
        X