No announcement yet.

decided to try my hand at photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get better at photography, don't use Instagram filters. Try an editing software and just tweaking little things here and there to bring out the details.
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

Comment

ya sorry about that lol, i have been looking for some good quality stuff that doesn't cost a shit load and instagram filters aren't the best but it turned out pretty damn good for just being what it is

Comment

so now i think i have something pretty good, i found some ok software so ive been working getting a mixture of working focusing and the filters so here we go

Comment

only one photo but after a long day i decided to take a breather and to something worth while, hope you guys like it

Comment

a couple from the shop

i'm not sure truly whether the quality of the pics are getting better or worse... i think they were looking better with just the instagram filters

Comment

What are you shooting with? The filters aren't helping IMO.
              BMW E38
              That White Evo
              -SOLD
              instagram @kbuss
              flickr

Comment

Yeah, tone down on the filters, first set of pics look great.

Get GIMP, it's like a free basic version of photoshop.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

then watch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNi0r3YLHM"]How to enhance an image on GIMP (FREE Photoshop Equivalent) - YouTube[/ame]

Hope it helps, once you get the basics down you can start making photos like the ones I sent you.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                  What are you shooting with? The filters aren't helping IMO.
                  iphone5 i have a legit camera it's just a standard nikon though and my phone has a higher resolution anyway i know those last couple of photos sucked ass but i'm still working out some kinks sorry to all of you that had to look at them lol

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                    Yeah, tone down on the filters, first set of pics look great.

Get GIMP, it's like a free basic version of photoshop.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

then watch

How to enhance an image on GIMP (FREE Photoshop Equivalent) - YouTube

Hope it helps, once you get the basics down you can start making photos like the ones I sent you.
                    thanks man, i got it now i'm just playing around with it i'll post some pics once i get something alright

Comment

here's some pics with no filters just because i want to have nice pictures without gumming it up with filters and focusing stuff. don't get me wrong i have nothing against filters, i just want to have a nice photo to begin with

thoughts? concerns? ideas?

Comment

Need to work a bit on your exposure. For most of those shots you're exposing correctly for the sky, but the truck is the subject and it's underexposed pretty significantly.
                        Jason
                        flickr
                        build thread

Comment

now some that i did with just a filter and nothing else

took these on the way home from slam session so that's why it's dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post
                            Need to work a bit on your exposure. For most of those shots you're exposing correctly for the sky, but the truck is the subject and it's underexposed pretty significantly.
                            thank you, and that's sorta the look i was going for where the truck was of to the side more and it's treating the view as if the truck may or may not be the focus that sounds weird but i like it not completely on my truck.... if that makes any sense and to everyone who watches this thread sorry that i keep doing photography on just my truck, i just only know stuff on automotive photography and getting anybody else to let me shoot their ride is difficult

Comment

Get filters out of your head, completely, stop using filters. Just start color correcting in some sort of software. You can torrent photoshop or lightroom pretty easily. Also, do less. Less is more.
                              Keenan
                              Flickr!
                              Instagram

Comment

aight, thanks man! and i know i use too many photos but i am thinning the masses down alot before i post them haha i get on average 100 or so photo's from each location i go, then i narrow it down to the best 20 or less , but i will start posting less photo's. and to all of you idk when i'll be able to go by there but i found a new place when i was on the way home from the show this past weekend, it's a rundown school on the outer section of town so there's gonna be more pics soon

Comment

Working...
                                X