Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a good DSLR ... Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    thats a silly statement. someone buying lights already knows that they are pursuing the hobby further. someone asking about "what first DSLR to get" obviously has no idea what they need or want. they just know they want to take "nice photos." maybe they wont like it as much as they think they will. maybe it will sit in the closet and never get used. its better to start out small and grow slowly.
    go read Photography-on-the.net lighting forum, and then come back and tell me if that statement is true
    id venture to say as many people have no clue

it is however amazing how a small comment of spend your budget, and dont go cheap brought out the waterfall
    Disclaimer:
    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      thats a silly statement. someone buying lights already knows that they are pursuing the hobby further. someone asking about "what first DSLR to get" obviously has no idea what they need or want. they just know they want to take "nice photos." maybe they wont like it as much as they think they will. maybe it will sit in the closet and never get used. its better to start out small and grow slowly.

buy a cheap used body, and a decent lens. bodies will always depreciate at a rapid rate, that is the nature if camera bodies. on the other hand, if you spend the majority of the budget on a nice lens, chances are good that you wont lose much if you decide not to pursue the hobby further.
      This is what i was getting at.

Flickr

Comment

just cause im bored and miss my 5dmk2
        Disclaimer:
        I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

Comment

officially derailed.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

throw some plexi under that thing
            Disclaimer:

Comment

i thought i had some glass, but i couldnt find any.

check your monitor, that ish is underexposed too. i havnt touched my screen settings in the 3-4 days i've had this computer.

Comment

i know the last one is

98% of my personal stuff is underexposed. it sjust what i like.
                Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
                  go hold the cameras, find out which are more comfortable to hold, and which has an interface you like more. then go from there.
                  Some of the best advice right there... I cant stand Nikon interface, and dont like the way they feel in hand, so i shoot Canon... I use Nikon from time to time when i grab mates bodies when i dont have mine, they confuse thh f@ck out of me...

Originally posted by GermanlookT3 View Post
                  Ok how do you like your sony A300? Thats a pretty good entry level camera right? I just fiddled with my friends A330 that he got. That seems like a good camera to me. My whole thing is this, if I dont have to spend $800 on a camera then I wont. I'd rather buy a body then some lenses from CL. I already enjoy taking pictures of things. Scenery and anything with cars. I know I have the bug. I took over 700 pics of old broken down cars in NorthDakota sitting in the Fields. That was really the start of me wanting to get a good camera for things like that and more. What im mostly looking for is something that gives me photos that look great without all kinds of $$$. To me ( from what ive been looking at ) I really like the A300 and A330 from sony. I like the way they feel in my hand and the User interface. Seems less complicated than the Canon Rebel Xsi that my Brother has.

Anybody want to post up pics from either a sony A300 or A330 without photoshop?
                  Sounds like you have made your choice... Sony....
                  www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

I would suggest that you get a used d40 or a used canon 30d or 40d, just for the simple fact that right now you say that you want to get into photography, but in a couple of months or a year you might not and what is the point in spending over a thousand dollars on something that will eventually end up collecting dust. I have seen this happen a many times, friends want to get into photography and go out and spend alot of money on the equipment and only find themselves selling it all within a few months.

And like others are saying I would try and steer away from sony and olympus DSLR's I have no issues with them, but like others have said there isnt much of a variety of lenses and used equipment for sale. Go on craigslist and search for sony lenses and then search for canon or nikon ones and you will see what I am talking about. at least %70 of my gear is used
                    Flickr WaterCooled Militia EuroPlush

iggy@canibeat.com

Comment

You guys make a good point... Plus a D40 or something similar would teach me the basics of taking good photos and get me use to it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pho/1532860524.html hows this?
                      Last edited by GermanlookT3; 01-04-2010, 04:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Used doesn't mean you have to go back to the film days. I would look for a used DSLR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                          Used doesn't mean you have to go back to the film days. I would look for a used DSLR.
                          This. Look for a d40, d40x, d60 in my opinion. I'm not familiar with the canon line so I couldn't tell you where to look there.

I've been watching the seattle CL and haven't seen any great deals lately... people seem to be asking too much. 350 dollar+ d40s. Do not pay that much.

Comment

Found some nice minolta lenses on CL

Flickr

Comment

So does anyone have any experience buying used bodies off CL? If what things should i look for?
                              Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

you can prob get a rebel XT for like $200. theres a 28mm F/2.8 prime for $150 on there now. say $400 on a body, another couple hundred on a prime, and you've got a decent setup for like $500. i want to pick up that 28mm prime, but i dont work for like another month and a half, so im gonna hold off..

but yeah, i shoot canon, most of my friends do too. when you're looking at the lower end of these things, it really doesnt matter which brand you end up with. they're all pretty similar until you get into the pro bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X